Pay Extension

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who is to blame for our current predicament ?

Former board, management and Hasler for the salary cap mess
Current board regarding some recruitment decisions
NRL for stripping us of 2 of our starting 17 (including our best strike forward) before a ball even kicked off with no chance to replace them with equal talent it was virtually the same as us losing 2 players to season ending injuries before round 1.
Dean Pay

What can we do to fix things ? NRL aren't going to sack themselves and either are our board so the only thing we can really change for a hope of improvement is the coach. That's the reality. Yes I know Pay inherited a shit sandwich but I also agree with others on here who criticise his lack of ability. No players have improved under him, his team selections, use of the bench etc.

Players failing to support their teammates when making breaks is just inexcusable. You would never see successful teams doing that. Yes we have a below average roster but that points to deeper issues I believe. I really believe it proves the players aren't fully turning up for Pay. A new voice in the dressing room can lead to change and we can't do worse than where we are at the moment - LAST. The only madness Pay is bringing at the moment is the same shit over and over again with the same result.
Hasler made some bad decisions regarding who to let go and sign, but I don't think he's to blame for the salary cap mess. He was given instructions from the board to play to a higher salary cap. The reason our roster is like it is today isn't because of Des.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hasler made some bad decisions regarding who to let go and sign, but I don't think he's to blame for the salary cap mess. He was given instructions from the board to play to a higher salary cap. The reason our roster is like it is today isn't because of Des.
Finally I have to agree with you on that point, it wasn’t completely his fault. And he did suck at the time, but now You look at it. He was better than pay and what we have now..!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Finally I have to agree with you on that point, it wasn’t completely his fault. And he did suck at the time, but now You look at it. He was better than pay and what we have now..!!
We would of had a top coach during these times if we didn't sack Des. Des didn't even get one season with his roster/last recruitment. We missed the eight once... That was the first thing I thought back when Pay was appointed. Maybe Des wouldn't of wanted to stay/coach this mess anyways. Everyone would be calling him a shit coach right now, well really for the last two seasons too.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Last year he and the team overachieved. There is no way for you to argue that. We were predicted/tipped for the wooden spoon and finish 12th and a couple of points outside the eight.

I still think Pay is doing a good job overall and if you were to go through how the Tigers got into positions for their tries I think you'll find like every week it's because of six agains, penalties and errors. The team was gassed so the score blew out.
You cannot possibly be a true dogs supporter. How can you possibly be content with any aspect of that game and for that matter Dean Pay’s tenure. Nothing he has done in 3 years has convinced me he can coach. I don’t care if we had the Roosters squad, he would destroy that too. He is clueless.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You cannot possibly be a true dogs supporter. How can you possibly be content with any aspect of that game and for that matter Dean Pay’s tenure. Nothing he has done in 3 years has convinced me he can coach. I don’t care if we had the Roosters squad, he would destroy that too. He is clueless.
I want to win. I want the team/club to do well. Even if it's a small part of me, I believe we can win any game. I'm also a realistic and I understand why and how we're in this situation. Maybe you should try and find out that first (it's out there for you) before accusing someone of not being a true supporter. I'm not a Bulldogs googles, delusional supporter, I'll admit that. The biggest thing for me is I don't believe the roster is good enough, it's bottom four, and possibly the worst in the NRL overall. Again, there's a reason for that. This is the last year of that main cause.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate in all honesty Elliot is not going that good. Yeah he tries very hard but his first up contact was largely ineffective.. there was one tackle tonight he struggled to put Brooks on the ground. I think he has regressed in terms of his physicality.
coz he’s the “best” of a bad lot it’s actually making him look a lot better than he is.
He’s an average fg at best and at most id have him on the bench in a fg standard side.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
coz he’s the “best” of a bad lot it’s actually making him look a lot better than he is.
He’s an average fg at best and at most id have him on the bench in a fg standard side.
So Arrow is average? Elliott looks better than Arrow this year btw.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly mate we have gotten worse year on year under pay and his failure to adapt to the rule changes has just magnified the ineptitude in all of our systems
But yet he re-signs Chris Smith, reimis, jmk, lewis, Jackson but but it’s the roster he “inherited”

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
But yet he re-signs Chris Smith, reimis, jmk, lewis, Jackson but but it’s the roster he “inherited”
Smith (bench), Reimis, JMK (bench) and Jackson will be in our 17 in 2021. Now we need to re-sign Elliott and Wakeham. Also Pay doesn't have final say in recruitment.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So Arrow is average? Elliott looks better than Arrow this year btw.
Please go away
You’re a moron
You’re delusional
I don’t know whether this is a joke to u or u are actually that fcuked in the head to believe pay is a fg coach.
You’re on here 24/7 and state u watch every game yet all you do is dribble utter shit.
I’ll leave u alone if u do me the same courtesy.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Please go away
You’re a moron
You’re delusional
I don’t know whether this is a joke to u or u are actually that fcuked in the head to believe pay is a fg coach.
You’re on here 24/7 and state u watch every game yet all you do is dribble utter shit.
I’ll leave u alone if u do me the same courtesy.
"coz he’s the “best” of a bad lot it’s actually making him look a lot better than he is."

I think you're retarded mate. You can't defend the dribble you're saying so you get defensive.
Why do you have a bias towards Adam Elliott.

When I first joined the forums you used to pretend you had inside information, what happened to that?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I think you're retarded mate.
Why do you have a bias towards Adam Elliott.
U make nasheed look like Craig Bellamy.

Send me your address or P.O. Box so I can send u a naked photo of your Fcuk wit hero Elliot To jerk off to after every loss. There’s heaps out there after his mad monday efforts.
No one on here takes u seriously
Fcuk off already or ignore my posts
It’s not that hard even for a muppet like you.

we are dead last and this kent is cheering. Not only that he stated he was Impressed with our game vs the roosters
That’s the comment of the decade

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your a fucken clueless dog straight out how you sit here and still stick up for that useless coach is beyond me. He lost his fullback he moves his hooker to centre ? That alone shows what a dud coach he is. Pay needs to go. It's embrassing seeing this club at the bottom.
Brilliant post
Couldn’t have said it better myself
Some people are harder to embarrass than others

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
U make nasheed look like Craig Bellamy.

Send me your address or P.O. Box so I can send u a naked photo of your Fcuk wit hero Elliot To jerk off to after every loss. There’s heaps out there after his mad monday efforts.
No one on here takes u seriously
Fcuk off already or ignore my posts
It’s not that hard even for a muppet like you.

we are dead last and this kent is cheering. Not only that he stated he was Impressed with our game vs the roosters
That’s the comment of the decade
I'd much rather have a different view/opinion of things than the majority of people on here. I think it's a good thing personally.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he’s not being supported by the board, then it’s fucking piss weak by them to keep him on, honestly

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hasn’t Pay shown over 2 1/2 seasons his coaching ability? Do we really have to watch this rudderless uninspiring football team go around again next season to see that Pay is a poor head coach?
Funny how the second he left canberra they became competition contenders and went up a level in every facet of the game. whatever area muppet pay was looking after had a massive affect on the entire side it seems.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd much rather have a different view/opinion of things than the majority of people on here. I think it's a good thing personally.
You sound like one of those lefties that has a certain view just to be different.

U have no League knowledge. U ridiculously blamed six agains and penalties for our loss to the Roosters. Blind Freddy could see we were blown off the park by a superior team. We are not in the same postcode as the Roosters as a club let alone a football team. They are what we used to be.

You my friend are a blow in.

Ellie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Brilliant post
Couldn’t have said it better myself
Some people are harder to embarrass than others
It's embrassing that he thinks pay is doing well Hahaha. He talks shit in all his posts. The club is a mess with that dud coaching. JMK to centre Hahahahaha. The guy shouldn't even be in the time. A fucking hooker to centre Hahaha. That alone should get him sacked. Can someone please block that gronk that keeps posting shit