Pay Extension

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Everyone knows we need three to four players. He's just saying what everyone already knows. He was asked what do the fans have to look forward to. Next year our salary cap is in order and we'll recruit three to four more quality players.
It's quite obvious there are factions inside the club.

You dont go around prostituting yourself to the public that you are in need of 3 to 4 quality players, with the vultures (player managers) out on the lurk for their next prey.

We are not the only club with money to spend next season, and i fucken hope we dont go down the Titans path of spending incredible dumb overs for the likes of Jarryd Hayne, Ash Taylor, Jarrod Wallace, Nathan Peats, etc, etc, etc

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has he handed in his resignation yet? Any news lol.!!!!!!!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

You dont go around prostituting yourself to the public that you are in need of 3 to 4 quality players, with the vultures (player managers) out on the lurk for their next prey.

We are not the only club with money to spend next season, and i fucken hope we dont go down the Titans path of spending incredible dumb overs for the likes of Jarryd Hayne, Ash Taylor, Jarrod Wallace, Nathan Peats, etc, etc, etc
We're not going to attract top players without spending overs. We just have to do it for the right players and not overs on overs. There isn't another option. On the side we have to do a very good job with our juniors.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon Alzz would find a way to come 17th out of 16 teams :-).
But do you secretly have a fan boy crush on Alzz ?? seems as much as you disagree with him or have a dig, you always seem to mention his name.. love/hate maybe :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The frightening thing is that their is almost nothing available in terms of spine players next year.

Only good player available is Jake Friend and the rest are all on par with each other.

Just look at how hysterical and desperate the kennel is getting by throwing 700k at the likes of JAC and Cotric.

Sooner or later, the board will fall into that exact trap to save their own arses

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're just going around in circles. Last year we/Pay were tipped for the wooden spoon, we finished 12th and 3 points outside the eight.
parra , parra , parra , parra

‘sorry thought I was reading posts from a parra supporter pre Brad Arthur days , being delusional about the current coach

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
parra , parra , parra , parra

‘sorry thought I was reading posts from a parra supporter pre Brad Arthur days , being delusional about the current coach
I'm not saying Pay is a top coach. I want a top coach. Is that not enough for you? Those same Parra supporters (and more) would of said the same thing when Arthur got the wooden spoon with a competitive roster in 2018.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The frightening thing is that their is almost nothing available in terms of spine players next year.

Only good player available is Jake Friend and the rest are all on par with each other.

Just look at how hysterical and desperate the kennel is getting by throwing 700k at the likes of JAC and Cotric.

Sooner or later, the board will fall into the that exact trap to save their own arses
of course there is not much out there and the decent ones are settled at their clubs , and also people are making it out like the dogs only team with a war chest and will magically be able to get top talent
You going to have a few clubs being aggressive
Titans , dragons , tigers, storm if smith retires (probably have like 3m cap available with him gone)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
of course there is not much out there and the decent ones are settled at their clubs , and also people are making it out like the dogs only team with a war chest and will magically be able to get top talent
You going to have a few clubs being aggressive
Titans , dragons , tigers, storm if smith retires (probably have like 3m cap available with him gone)
Smith is on ~1m so how does Smith retiring free up 3m. Is that a joke? We have more than any other club, by a fair bit. That doesn't mean we can sign Grant tho.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying Pay is a top coach. I want a top coach. Is that not enough for you? Those same Parra supporters (and more) would of said the same thing when Arthur got the wooden spoon with a competitive roster in 2018.
Difference was he actually showed he could coach earlier by getting them in semis
Pay has showed NOTHING and giving him another year is a wasted year .

you keep banging on about finishing 12th last year , ffs they won games at back end of season when they didn’t matter , how many times did those diabolical Souths sides win at end of the season ( every freakin year )

no player has improved under him , DWZ who was NZ test captain has regressed this year , he is a shit coach , if can’t find a top coach put a work experience guy . You don’t Persist with something you know is shit

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Even though I don't rate Pay in the slightest, it's still pretty obvious that he hasn't got much of a fair go. He has requested multiple players in the past and the club has turned him down even with the funds available.

Still think this board went in with intentions of just writing off a couple of seasons while waiting for our cap to clear so they saw no need to invest "unnecessary" funds into the coaching department. Theo constant excuses and lowering of expectations was all just an attempt to buy time..

If Pay eventually came good then they keep him, if not then they move on a sell a more attractive roster to another coach. Problem is these ***** don't have much of a clue and are making poor decisions while struggling to come out on top in many negotiations.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Difference was he actually showed he could coach earlier by getting them in semis
Pay has showed NOTHING and giving him another year is a wasted year .

you keep banging on about finishing 12th last year , ffs they won games at back end of season when they didn’t matter , how many times did those diabolical Souths sides win at end of the season ( every freakin year )

no player has improved under him , DWZ who was NZ test captain has regressed this year , he is a shit coach , if can’t find a top coach put a work experience guy . You don’t Persist with something you know is shit
Difference is Arthur had a competitive roster, Pay doesn't.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
But do you secretly have a fan boy crush on Alzz ?? seems as much as you disagree with him or have a dig, you always seem to mention his name.. love/hate maybe :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
The only crush I feel with Alzz is the crushing end of my good mood whenever he posts...

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is to blame for our current predicament ?

Former board, management and Hasler for the salary cap mess
Current board regarding some recruitment decisions
NRL for stripping us of 2 of our starting 17 (including our best strike forward) before a ball even kicked off with no chance to replace them with equal talent it was virtually the same as us losing 2 players to season ending injuries before round 1.
Dean Pay

What can we do to fix things ? The NRL certainly aren't going to sack themselves and neither are our board so the only thing we can really change for a hope of improvement is our coach. That's the reality. Yes I know Pay inherited a shit sandwich but I also agree with others on here who criticise his lack of ability. No players have improved under him, his team selections, use of the bench etc.

Players failing to support their teammates when making breaks is just inexcusable. You never see successful teams failing to do that. At the Roosters they all go forward together in support - no passengers. I'm sick of seeing our players running one out every tackle then a kick on the 5th with no-one competing for the ball. No f..king wonder we can't score any points. The new rules make the case even stronger that attack is the best form of defence but we throw nothing serious to tire out our opposition while they throw plenty at us gassing our defenders.

Yes we have a below average roster but poor effort in any area points to deeper issues I believe. I really believe it proves the players aren't fully turning up for Pay. A new voice in the dressing room can lead to change and we can't do worse than where we are at the moment - LAST. The only madness Pay is bringing at the moment is the same shit over and over again with the same result.

Last edited: