Pay Extension

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yes, our previous board was and they basically killed our team/club for three years. This current board is trying to clean up the mess and get us back to where we were.
Clean up how exactly? Re-signing a dud coach? Missing out on top players? Giving a shit coach "4 more games" to turn around 3-4 years of shit?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So you believe Pay with better cattle will be a better coach?
He will look like a better coach. No one here knows if Pay is a good coach or not imo. I'd take a top coach over Pay because of their credentials, but that's about it. While Pay is finishing where he's expected or higher (he's yet to fail to meet expectations) I see no reason why to get another assistant coach or super league coach.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Clean up how exactly? Re-signing a dud coach? Missing out on top players? Giving a shit coach "4 more games" to turn around 3-4 years of shit?
The 4 more games thing is bullshit. If they don't recruit for 2021 they're gone.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Then the current board isn't re elected. No excuse why we can't get a competitive (in or around the eight) roster for next year. Yes, we have to pay overs.
So you think paying overs is the answer to fix the problem of paying overs?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So you think paying overs is the answer to fix the problem of paying overs?
We're a bottom team, bottom teams have to pay overs to attract top players. In the meantime we have to also develop players in younger grades.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He will look like a better coach. No one here knows if Pay is a good coach or not imo. I'd take a top coach over Pay because of their credentials, but that's about it. While Pay is finishing where he's expected or higher (he's yet to fail to meet expectations) I see no reason why to get another assistant coach or super league coach.
Hasn’t Pay shown over 2 1/2 seasons his coaching ability? Do we really have to watch this rudderless uninspiring football team go around again next season to see that Pay is a poor head coach?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We're a bottom team, bottom teams have to pay overs to attract top players. In the meantime we have to also develop players in younger grades.
I can't see that happening with pay and this management.

We are stalling and failing more behind. Our once proud club is a fucking unfunny joke.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hasn’t Pay shown over 2 1/2 seasons his coaching ability? Do we really have to watch this rudderless uninspiring football team go around again next season to see that Pay is a poor head coach?
We're just going around in circles. Last year we/Pay were tipped for the wooden spoon, we finished 12th and 3 points outside the eight.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can't see that happening with pay and this management.

We are stalling and failing more behind. Our once proud club is a fucking unfunny joke.
The only reason why we're stalling is the club is trying to get a top coach. They can only wait so long before they'll have to re-sign Pay. If one isn't available, one isn't available. I believe up until this point (Thompson exception) the club has been hesitant to pay overs, but it's inevitable. That's why we missed out on Grant, Koroisau, Ramien, etc.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We're just going around in circles. Last year we/Pay were tipped for the wooden spoon, we finished 12th and 3 points outside the eight.
We may be but I don’t have to wait another season to see how that will go with this bloke in charge.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bro I got nothing against him either but I’m
Gooooone Hahahaha
I actually respect him because he doesn't dodge questions thrown at him, a nice change from other dickheads who go into hiding.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The only reason why we're stalling is the club is trying to get a top coach. They can only wait so long before they'll have to re-sign Pay. If one isn't available, one isn't available. I believe up until this point (Thompson exception) the club has been hesitant to pay overs, but it's inevitable. That's why we missed out on Grant, Koroisau, Ramien, etc.
And because we are in shambles, top coaches won't touch us with a 10 foot pole.

I can't see a way out and probably won't be a force until the end of the decade.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And because we are in shambles, top coaches won't touch us with a 10 foot pole.

I can't see a way out and probably won't be a force until the end of the decade.
Yes and that was the case in 2018 when they looked at our books/salary cap. Coaching us now/in the last 2 years would of been career suicide.

If we can recruit well for 2021 we can make the eight. I also think we'll be the most improved team next year, based off roster alone. Even with that I don't see us winning a premiership until at least ~2024. I always compare us to the Knights between 2018 and now.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yes and that was the case in 2018 when they looked at our books/salary cap. Coaching us now/in the last 2 years would of been career suicide.

If we can recruit well for 2021 we can make the eight. Even with that I don't see us winning a premiership until at least ~2024.
Well miricales do happy and God knows we are due for one...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well miricales do happy and God knows we are due for one...
I'll let you know next year when I know our roster what's likely or not. Winning a premiership before ~2024 will probably be a miracle tho.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I tuned into the press conference this evening, and what was alarming, was hearing Pay how we need 3 to 4 quality players around the young guys.

Reporter also asked about Bateman and Cotric, and Dean said they are still going through negotiations.

For a head coach to tell the public that we need 3 to 4 quality players, is a cry for help as it seems like no-one (of quality) is interested in coming here.

By the sounds of it, all these reports of Bellamy, Bennett and the likes is a load of rubbish leaked out by individuals high up.

I was hopeful when this boad came in, but something does not seem right at all.

Previous board was a disaster and it seems this board is another disaster (in a different way to the previous board).

Hopefully new players come into the equation at the next elections, with no prior dealings/involvements with any of these 2 previous boards

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually respect him because he doesn't dodge questions thrown at him, a nice change from other dickheads who go into hiding.
He’s very passionate about the club and you have to respect that 100%. What I find here are some people have a blind spot and you can make as many good points as you want but it’s like talking to the brick wall.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I tuned into the press conference this evening, and what was alarming, was hearing Pay how we need 3 to 4 quality players around the young guys.

Reporter also asked about Bateman and Cotric, and Dean said they are still going through negotiations.

For a head coach to tell the public that we need 3 to 4 quality players, is a cry for help as it seems like no-one (of quality) is interested in coming here.

By the sounds of it, all these reports of Bellamy, Bennett and the likes is a load of rubbish leaked out by individuals high up.

I was hopeful when this boad came in, but something does not seem right at all.

Previous board was a disaster and it seems this board is another disaster (in a different way to the previous board).

Hopefully new players come into the equation at the next elections, with no prior dealings/involvements with any of these 2 previous boards
Everyone knows we need three to four players. He's just saying what everyone already knows. He was asked what do the fans have to look forward to. Next year our salary cap is in order and we'll recruit three to four more quality players.