Rumour Paul Momorivoski

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope not, Momirovski is not a good signing...
We need a strong #9 and if we’re looking for depth, some solid front rowers would be nice (not Lodge though!)

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Schoupp is a better option if we are talking stop gap / fill in....plus he is already on our books.
Yeah I was thinking shoupp as I think he has a big future... but he hasn’t played first grade yet. We can’t rely on rookies

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking shoupp as I think he has a big future... but he hasn’t played first grade yet. We can’t rely on rookies
They were all rookies at some point, at times you just have show confidence and give your juniors a fair go to shine and show their worth. So as far as I'm concerned signing Momo makes no sense even as a stop gap measure. It's like cutting your finger and putting your whole arm in plaster instead of using a band aid.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They were all rookies at some point, at times you just have show confidence and give your juniors a fair go to shine and show their worth. So as far as I'm concerned signing Momo makes no sense even as a stop gap measure. It's like cutting your finger and putting your whole arm in plaster instead of using a band aid.

It's easy to say from the outside that a junior is ready. There might be very good reasons that schoupp hasn't been picked to make his NRL debut.

At some point soon we'll have to start showing some faith in juniors. But if we've got the money now to sign someone decent that doesn't represent a gamble, I don't mind if we get players with a bit of experience and skills.

I mean according to the hype last year I was expecting Averillo to be a sensation. He was good at times. Other times he'd cop a hit that would rattle him and send him into his shell. It might be that the coaching staff have seen that for all his quality, Schoupp might not be mentally ready through traits displayed in opposed sessions against the NRL squad.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's easy to say from the outside that a junior is ready. There might be very good reasons that schoupp hasn't been picked to make his NRL debut.

At some point soon we'll have to start showing some faith in juniors. But if we've got the money now to sign someone decent that doesn't represent a gamble, I don't mind if we get players with a bit of experience and skills.

I mean according to the hype last year I was expecting Averillo to be a sensation. He was good at times. Other times he'd cop a hit that would rattle him and send him into his shell. It might be that the coaching staff have seen that for all his quality, Schoupp might not be mentally ready through traits displayed in opposed sessions against the NRL squad.
Your making too much sense alan, you should be banned and let the wafflers reign!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

In what ever the reason is Alan, I believe in giving our juniors a fair go instead of losing them to a rival through lack of opportunity and living to regret our lack of faith in players like Aaron Schoupp. I too don't mind signing players with experience and skill as long as the hype surrounding these players remains in check and not overly exaggerated by fan forums and keyboard experts. Paul would be a decent signing on face value and it would all come down to the dollar value in the end but for the money he would command he would not be coming to us as a stop gap fill in. He is more of a luxury signing when you have all your bases covered and I feel the money he would command would be better spent else where.

Even Kerrod Holland was talked up / hyped up before we signed him but just like the carriage in Cinderella he turned into a pumpkin over time. Now I might not be an expert and I never claimed to be but to compare Averillo and Schoupp is like comparing apples to oranges...they are two different players. Averillo has all the skills, finesse and speed, he may even become an X factor type of player over time in the NRL but he seems at times timid and a few on here have called him soft, not me but some have. Schoupp on the other hand IMO and of what I've seen of him seems quite capable of hanging with the big boys and would more than adequately fill our needs in the centres or wing.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In what ever the reason is Alan, I believe in giving our juniors a fair go instead of losing them to a rival through lack of opportunity and living to regret our lack of faith in players like Aaron Schoupp. I too don't mind signing players with experience and skill as long as the hype surrounding these players remains in check and not overly exaggerated by fan forums and keyboard experts. Paul would be a decent signing on face value and it would all come down to the dollar value in the end but for the money he would command he would not be coming to us as a stop gap fill in. He is more of a luxury signing when you have all your bases covered and I feel the money he would command would be better spent else where.

Even Kerrod Holland was talked up / hyped up before we signed him but just like the carriage in Cinderella he turned into a pumpkin over time. Now I might not be an expert and I never claimed to be but to compare Averillo and Schoupp is like comparing apples to oranges...they are two different players. Averillo has all the skills, finesse and speed to succeed in the NRL but he seems at times timid and a few on here have called him soft, not me but some have. Schoupp on the other hand IMO and of what I've seen of him seems quite capable of hanging with the big boys and would more adequately fill our needs in the centres or wing.
We have one senior centre in the squad, Momo is hardly a luxury signing lol.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you have juniors waiting for there opportunity and greater needs to address aka dummy half....he becomes a luxury signing. If we are going to splurge cash on players just because we are free from the restraints that have plagued us these past few seasons then I'd much rather go after Naden.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
When you have juniors waiting for there opportunity and greater needs to address aka dummy half....he becomes a luxury signing. If we are going to splurge cash on players just because we are free from the restraints that have plagued us these past few seasons then I'd much rather go after Naden.
What juniors are ready? Who plays if there's an injury or suspension? Baz wants a top 8 finish this season.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Marley you remind me of a wild life documentary, I love it how you knit pick and read only what you want to read....reading some of your comments is like watching two chimpanzees checking each other for fleas. :grinning:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Marley you remind me of a wild life documentary, I love it how you knit pick and read only what you want to read....reading some of your comments is like watching two chimpanzees checking each other for fleas. :grinning:
You said we had juniors waiting so in curious to know who they are? Who are you confident in starting right now and having play a full NRL season? Do you want to see shit ***** like Harding get a run? Because that's what's going to happen if an injury or two strike. We can afford to make a signing or two and not wait untill 2022.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What juniors are ready? Who plays if there's an injury or suspension? Baz wants a top 8 finish this season.
Meany
Katoa
Harding
Schoupp and others

more than enough to cover centre or wing.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Even Kerrod Holland was talked up / hyped up before we signed him but just like the carriage in Cinderella he turned into a pumpkin over time. Now I might not be an expert and I never claimed to be but to compare Averillo and Schoupp is like comparing apples to oranges...they are two different players. Averillo has all the skills, finesse and speed, he may even become an X factor type of player over time in the NRL but he seems at times timid and a few on here have called him soft, not me but some have. Schoupp on the other hand IMO and of what I've seen of him seems quite capable of hanging with the big boys and would more than adequately fill our needs in the centres or wing.
In the past I've been all for junior promotion and I'd like our production line to get back to where we can at least promote solid players ASAP. But that works best in a side that isn't already struggling. We as fans want massive improvement this year regardless of what we think is the right path to better results.

All I've seen of Schoupp is some highlights videos. The coaching staff see him and others in our squad every week. The kennel has been wrong before on things. A few games after his NRL debut and people were elevating Lewis to having the potential to be an immortal. I don't hate Lewis like many do, but I was cautious back then knowing that at the top level opposition coaches will pick apart your game and that many players get found out. I also saw that many people were crying out for Morgan Harper to jump into the NRL. He got one opportunity here and had a further four games after moving to Manly. Aside from a two try performance he quickly lost his spot.

I'm neither praising or defending the omission of Schoupp. Just saying that as much as he might have impressed some people here, he's got to impress the coaching staff. If he's been omitted then obviously he hasn't shown them the wow factor or consistency that some fans seem to be seeing. He looked very good in his highlights video. But in many cases that's a 5 minute snippet of a couple of years worth of football and displays all of a players best moments. If the coaching staff are doing their job, they'll have seen more than a highlights reel and will have considered his weaknesses as well as his best moments. I certainly don't have the time, interest or the access to footage that the coaching staff would have to fully judge his game overall.

As far as Averillo goes, I think he'll wind up being a very good player. But he wasn't consistent last year and in my opinion it was because when he copped a hard hit he'd go into his shell. In the past (when we had great depth and quality across the park) he'd have made his debut in a firing side after he'd had time to toughen up a bit. I think his promotion last year was a hail mary play by Pay who was hoping he'd spark something. Averillo does have some great moments. But I really think he was physically underdone after jumping from playing teenagers to playing against hardened NRL players. Top tier league players in Asutralia and NZ are some of the toughest and most intimidating in the world. I don't disrespect Averillo for not quite being ready to face them. I blame the coaching staff for dumping him in the deep end. Would rather he get the chance to toughen up in reserve grade then have his confidence smashed out of him. I actually disagreed with the NRL's stance a few years back of scrapping the middle ground where players transition from junior football to the NRL when they made the NYC the last hurdle. I think a few potentially great players would have made it big in the NRL with that transition phase still in place.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You said we had juniors waiting so in curious to know who they are? Who are you confident in starting right now and having play a full NRL season? Do you want to see shit c*** like Harding get a run? Because that's what's going to happen if an injury or two strike. We can afford to make a signing or two and not wait untill 2022.
Who pissed in your coffee Marley??? And yes I would like to see Harding get a shot he is part of Trent's top 30 is he not??? I would like to make the top 8 in 21 but 22 is more realistic.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Meany
Katoa
Harding
Schoupp and others

more than to cove centre or wing.
Lol that's absolutely shocking. Meaney is a cat. Katoa looks like okay depth. Harding LOL. Schoupp a whole lot of hype but no one has actually seen him play. We have ONE senior centre, Cotric another if you want to count him (I don't).

1. Allan
2. Cotric
3. Momirovski
4. Hoppa
5. DWZ

I'm far more confident starting with that and having all those fringe players actually do something in reserve grade and earn a shot. Opportunities will come this season an next for them with basically half the squad off contract and a few early released potentially on the table. A hooker lol, there is absolutely no one of not available at hooker for this season. Us signing Momo would have 0 impact on us signing one next year.