Rumour Paul Momorivoski

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
multiple sources including a well respected member of the tigers forum said he would be at the dogs in 2021, but apparently not, might be because of the corey allan signing
from what i understand he was never coming.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Paul Momirovski has filed for 2 releases from the West Tigers to try find regular game time, but coach Michael Mcguire has told him ''your not going anywhere''.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Panthers were keen to sign him but tigers shut it down even though Momirovski was told hes not first choice centre at concord

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
right "mike hunt" that madge fella, i still think he would be more than handy for us.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If only we had someone worthy to send over for Momorivoski..

Reckon the Tigers would be happy with Lewis?

Bulldogs: "Okay, we're happy to swap for Momorivoski, but you're not getting Lachlan Lewis"
Tigers: "Thank God"

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Tigers wanted to trade Momo they would of traded him for Laurie to get him there a year early.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just can't see how we fit him in. He wants to play center in the top grade. Do we drop hoppa to reserves?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
plays wing too but coverage for both make him a handy acquisition but if Hoppa is another 1/2 metre slower or off his game then yes...his time is not too far from up anyway.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If Tigers wanted to trade Momo they would of traded him for Laurie to get him there a year early.
I think thats what panthers were trying to do. But madge is a dickhead.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Penrith want a player who's in the final year of his contract and who's not in the 17 yet the other club is saying no because they want him for depth....haha

TBH a Momo-Laurie swap would be good for us as Penrith need depth in the centres and Momo would be a better option than Burton
If they get Momo as centre depth, and since they already have May and Salmon as cover for the halves, maybe, just maybe, they'll release Burton early

Considering the feud the 2 clubs are having this might be a long shot although it would benefit both clubs

ChimpNugget

Waterboy
Reaction score
So Penrith want a player who's in the final year of his contract and who's not in the 17 yet the other club is saying no because they want him for depth....haha

TBH a Momo-Laurie swap would be good for us as Penrith need depth in the centres and Momo would be a better option than Burton
If they get Momo as centre depth, and since they already have May and Salmon as cover for the halves, maybe, just maybe, they'll release Burton early

Considering the feud the 2 clubs are having this might be a long shot although it would benefit both clubs
It’s what I was thinking. If we want Momo to go anywhere it’s Penrith so he can play right centre. Burton is a talented player but I think both Momo and Naden are better right centre options than he is. We’ll have to see.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s what I was thinking. If we want Momo to go anywhere it’s Penrith so he can play right centre. Burton is a talented player but I think both Momo and Naden are better right centre options than he is. We’ll have to see.
Yeah we don't need Momo. We have Alamoti and Schoup waiting in the wings for next year and apparently we're going for Staggs.

ChimpNugget

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yeah we don't need Momo. We have Alamoti and Schoup waiting in the wings for next year and apparently we're going for Staggs.
Alamoti is apparently a freak and a lot of the guys on here love Schoupp. Haven’t seen much of him myself. Staggs obviously a weapon, will ask for top dollar tho. Not sure if we should tie up that much in our backs but we’ll see what happens.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's probably irrelevant as it sounds like he wont be released anyway but he would be more needed this year, say a winger or hoppa goes down or their playing shit? we would have a ready made replacement.
Regarding next year i hope(but am not that confident)your right on at least one or we could be short or stretched still..Alamoti will have barely turned 18 at season start, Schoupp doesnt even have a development contract for this year and Staggs well who knows wtf will happen there.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alamoti is apparently a freak and a lot of the guys on here love Schoupp. Haven’t seen much of him myself. Staggs obviously a weapon, will ask for top dollar tho. Not sure if we should tie up that much in our backs but we’ll see what happens.
If we can secure a top notch 9 and one of either Staggs or Crichton for 2022, I’d be surprised if we didn’t finish top 4

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL news, Paul Momirovski locked in release stand-off with Wests Tigers: report (nine.com.au)

The Wests Tigers are reportedly locked in a standoff with star centre Paul Momirovski who has had two official release requests rejected by the club.

Fox Sports reports that the Tigers are refusing to let Momirovski walk despite informing him that he will not be a first-choice centre in 2021.

Momirovski has been training at five-eighth during pre-season and has reportedly held three conversations with head coach Michael Maguire seeking permission to leave.

The club, however, are unwilling to budge and are intent on retaining a roster with significant depth in their push to end their record NRL finals drought.

a close up of a man: Paul Momirovski. (Getty)

Last year, Momirovski was sent to the Melbourne Storm in a swap deal to bring Harry Grant to Concord.

Despite mutual interest to remain in Melbourne, Momirovski returned to NSW to honour the final year of his contract.

In his absence however, the Tigers landed star centre James Roberts to partner Joey Leilua in the centres, leaving Momirovski in a bind.