News (nrl.com) Dogs set to seal Flanno deal as Foxx replacement catches Storm's eye (its Reimis)

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, still a winger. If the club thinks he can be more than a winger then they better hope their scouting is bang on because we can't afford another DWZ while also already risking it with Cotric. One of Grant or Smith will be available, if we don't end up with either because we splashed our cap on JAC then I'll be fucking filthy. i'd rather deal with scraps on the wing than have to sit through another season of JMK or Katoa at hooker.
Thats 100% correct

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reimis stunted his own progress by not wanting to play wing anymore and instead being persistent with playing in the centres. Reimis is and was his own worst enemy. Fuck you Reimis.
Ha, although I wouldn't go as far as to say "fuck you Reimis" lol ....

I'd definitely say he's been the architech of his own downfall. He pushed for the move to centres and simply didn't turn up. He lacked the determination to make it succeed. I do think he'd really succeed at the Storm, and would even like to see him stay here over DWZ but ...

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the GF Brad Fittler mentioned the positive spirit JAC brings to the NSW team. Would be good for us too. Imagine the confidence it would bring to our other players just seeing him in the same team / dressing room before games. He'd have to prefer a young coach like Barrett over a grumpy old school coach like Madge. Also we have better prospects for a swap than the Tigers. If the Storm are seriously interested in Reimis he should be honoured and you would think most players would jump at the chance to join the Storm (THE CURRENT PREMIERS) - not be hesitant in any way.

I'm pretty sure Barrett wouldn't be signing JAC unless he ALSO had the funds for Grant or B Smith. If we swap Reimis it's only gonna cost us an extra 300K or so - not 650K

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
After the GF Brad Fittler mentioned the positive spirit JAC brings to the NSW team. Would be good for us too. Imagine the confidence it would bring to our other players just seeing him in the same team / dressing room before games. He'd have to prefer a young coach like Barrett over a grumpy old school coach like Madge. Also we have better prospects for a swap than the Tigers. If the Storm are seriously interested in Reimis he should be honoured and you would think most players would jump at the chance to join the Storm (THE CURRENT PREMIERS) - not be hesitant in any way.
Blah. yeah. Man, my opinion on JAC and whether he should come here has flip and flopped 3000 times over the last couple of weeks.

He's not a priority but ... I can understand the excitement about him potentially coming. I do like his recent comments about being a role model for others in the game etc. That really struck me as good from him and matches the type of player I'd like at the club.

If it happens, I'll be happy. If it doesn't I won't be overly upset.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trading DWZ would be the better option but the Storm aren't that dumb...they don't want him because he's crap. They either want Remis or Jayden because in the right system they can be both be gun wingers.

DWZ is a sad legacy of the Pay era - were stuck with him. Best thing we can do is dump him in CC until he gets frustrated and seeks a release

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know everyones giving it to dallin but his issue isnt a lack of trying, it just looks like a lack of confidence. I still think he can do a job for us if he gets his confidence back. Everyone's forgetting the amount of energy he gave the team when he came over last year - was consistently one of our best. He just had a year to forget this year but at only 25 he has plenty of time to turn it around

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He can trial with us as a FB in the pre season. We offer him $625k for 3 years if his FB trial works.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No not anymore, he backflipped on the union deal months ago.
hes still going. There was an article with him today quoting him saying he wants to play for the wallabies and that hes due at the Reds around christmas

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
DWZ is a winger on FB money

Cotric is a winger on centre money

The last thing we need is JAC on FB money.

If the club didnt piss money up the wall on DWZ and Cotric, than go ahead and throw 500-600k on JAC to play on the wing

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
hes still going. There was an article with him today quoting him saying he wants to play for the wallabies and that hes due at the Reds around christmas
Oh ok fair enough, I didn’t see that article so just went off the one from months ago saying he had decided to stay with the Storm.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i know everyones giving it to dallin but his issue isnt a lack of trying, it just looks like a lack of confidence. I still think he can do a job for us if he gets his confidence back. Everyone's forgetting the amount of energy he gave the team when he came over last year - was consistently one of our best. He just had a year to forget this year but at only 25 he has plenty of time to turn it around
Agree with you on this. It's quite possible that after his impact last season he felt some pressure to replicate it and when his first few games were poor he lost a tonne of confidence. He's got plenty of upside. He just needs to relax. He made rep teams based on his skill level and in my opinion he's just got to overcome the self doubt.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the storm want Remis give them Remis as long as we get our man a.k.a the fox. Most players will play where they are most beneficial to the team but not Remis, Remis wants to call the shots and dictate his own terms. Pay was a soft cock!!!! He gave into Remis' demands wanting to be one of the boys, wanting to be liked., Belemy will have Remis digging ditches and jumping over hoops. Belemy will coach the laziness out of him. This is why Remis will fulfill his potential in the Melbourne system.

I know a few of you here on the Kennel would say that Remis can still fulfill his potential with the dogs and no doubt under Barrett's tutelage he probably could but when you compare the proposed swap that Melbourne are after it does benefit both sides. We get in my opinion an upgrade by signing the Fox, potentially a leader both on and of the field and Remis goes into a strong Melbourne system allowing him to fulfill his potential. It's a win win in my eyes. But all is mute till this point as the question remains who will get the fox's prized signature at the end of the day??? It is a close call and there are too many rumors circulating at the moment.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So for me it's FB for JAC or no thanks. Seriously...we are paying top dollar for wingers ( Cotric and JAC) and trying to turn them into centres and FB. NO team spends $1.3m a year on 2 wingers!!! and has an ordinary FB and Hooker and think that's a good idea.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The balls in our court and fuck the storm. Jac is leaving them 100% so we tell them who the can have not the other way around. Storm already wanted nofoluma and tigers said no so why should we give them smith. Plus who is Souths giving up if they get him, no one. We need to play hard ball not just bend over to every club

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The balls in our court and fuck the storm. Jac is leaving them 100% so we tell them who the can have not the other way around. Storm already wanted nofoluma and tigers said no so why should we give them smith. Plus who is Souths giving up if they get him, no one. We need to play hard ball not just bend over to every club
LOLLLL you think the Storm won’t tell JAC to sit the fuck down and that he isn’t going anywhere ? There’s no playing “hard ball” with the Storm. They’ve set a precedent and shown their players that the admin get last and final say, not the player. JAC has to hope that Reimis plays along and agrees to go south of the Border or JAC will be playing in a Storm jersey next season.
Kudos to the Storm, for more allowing JAC to dictate terms.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can we not compare JAC and DWZ, JAC is actually a good winger and probably the best in the NRL. He also isn't being signed while he's in shiz form (like DWZ). We're paying overs, not fullback money. Also JAC's character is very important. We have a very boring (or serious) team personality wise.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 or 2 good games in 10 does not make Remis a valuable player for us. Sometimes it better for both parties to walk away. For me it is all about having the right attitude. Something that Remis has not had for the last 12 to 18 months. The Dogs should strike while the irons hot. But it all comes down to Remis would he be willing to make the move interstate?

Last edited: