News (nrl.com) Dogs set to seal Flanno deal as Foxx replacement catches Storm's eye (its Reimis)

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way on earth he was "arguably our best player"!! Sadly his attitude is just shit. He k8cked stones for most of the year, and only had a few good patches in a few good games. Okunbour is a much better prospect moving forward anyway!!
In any case, when you have a shit team for years, any player must be considered expendable.
I was talking about last year when he was arguably our best, he was top try scorer, this year wasnt a good year when he played in a position hes not good in. Centre no, very good winger, yes.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In pays defence he had nothing to lose, we had no depth in the centres, no signings And to top it off hoppa was out for a long period.
Remis wanted a shot and who was in front of him?
Montoya
Holland?

Remis is fast but not footy fast, his speed is top end with no acceleration!
Even when the cupboard was bare there was nothing stopping him from putting Lewis at centre, because Lachy was doing jack shit in the halves.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate Lewis should have been playing reserve grade and nothing else
You know that, I know that but Pay disagreed, besides you asked who Pay could have put at centre besides Montoya and Holland and I gave you my answer. He could of used Morgan Harper at centre as well but he chose not too. That's as fair as I can be re Pay's inability to coach.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The thing is though, it will be a swap deal. So if we currently have say 1.2 mil left in our cap, and we were to pay JAC 600k per season, and swap Reimis who is probably on about 300-350k, then we are actually only paying JAC 250-300k from the 1.2 mil we have left, leaving 900-950k.
Needs to be more than 600k per season...Tigers have offered a big contract with bonuses depending on his performance, etc. Not something we should be trying to match imo.

What if Burton or a few other players of interest get a release between now and next season? Clubs are going to be playing around with their rosters and there will be an opportunity for us to swoop in and pickup some quality. I don't want us to be left short because of a luxury signing JAC.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needs to be more than 600k per season...Tigers have offered a big contract with bonuses depending on his performance, etc. Not something we should be trying to match imo.

What if Burton or a few other players of interest get a release between now and next season? Clubs are going to be playing around with their rosters and there will be an opportunity for us to swoop in and pickup some quality. I don't want us to be left short because of a luxury signing JAC.
Don't u think the club would budget forcthecpossibility of Burton coming in 2021?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Addo carr and burton asap. If we get addo carr it won’t be 600-700k because r Smith will be going out so max 300-400k extra...

We can Throw around Napa’s, jmk, britt, Hopoate, Lewis, c Smith money for a top
Hooker for 2022 and whoever else.

Addo carr in r Smith out.
Sign burton for 2022 and push early and make it work if panthers will.

Go hard for 2022 hooker and Napa and hoppa alone would give us 1.2 to play!!

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think if we get Burton for 22 we will see him at the club in 21. Keeping a player who has signed elsewhere who isn't in your starting 17, and who would not want to be playing reserve grade i just don't see working.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Addo carr and burton asap. If we get addo carr it won’t be 600-700k because r Smith will be going out so max 300-400k extra...

We can Throw around Napa’s, jmk, britt, Hopoate, Lewis, c Smith money for a top
Hooker for 2022 and whoever else.

Addo carr in r Smith out.
Sign burton for 2022 and push early and make it work if panthers will.

Go hard for 2022 hooker and Napa and hoppa alone would give us 1.2 to play!!
JAC will be 600-700k. The only way this isn't the case is if we have to contribute towards Reimis playing at the Storm (I don't think so) which would up it. We'd be paying 600-700k for JAC on the salary cap. The difference between JAC and Reimis is what gets deducted from what we have to spend for 2021.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I understand that but I would say Remis going out frees up at least 300k of that 600-700k was my point. I’d be very confident storm would take him at that. He’s worth it and think we all agree he could certainly kill it at the storm. It would likely also be the best move for his career at this stage to find the right ethic and unlock his talent like addo carr has done.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I understand that but I would say Remis going out frees up at least 300k of that 600-700k was my point. I’d be very confident storm would take him at that. He’s worth it and think we all agree he could certainly kill it at the storm. It would likely also be the best move for his career at this stage to find the right ethic and unlock his talent like addo carr has done.
I think it's something we just have to do considering what's available. He's one of the best players "available". The only thing I'd change is really pushing for the Storm to take DWZ instead (maybe we have). I know Reimis will come good at the Storm that's all.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree 100% though if it means it gets the deal done we just have to do it and part with smith for addo carr.

If we have addo carr and cotric in our backline and burton and Flanagan in the halves we have done very fucking well.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I agree hooker is a much bigger priority, and since the bulldogs first showed interest i have not been too big on the idea. But given the Flanagan signing i have a little more faith in our spine overall. JAC, Avo, Flanagan, JMK or Katoa is not terrible. This being said, he may even have some sway in luring one of the storms hookers our way if he signs.
In any case, maybe Grant, Smith and Smith all decide to stay together....who knows.
I wont be bitter if we miss out on him though.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's something we just have to do considering what's available. He's one of the best players "available". The only thing I'd change is really pushing for the Storm to take DWZ instead (maybe we have). I know Reimis will come good at the Storm that's all.
I would seriously doubt that the storm give a flying fark what we think mate. The way their club is run shits all over most other clubs (including ours).

Remis is bigger and faster than DWZ and he will probably turn into a great player down there.

He has stalled the past few years so it’s a good move for both parties

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree hooker is a much bigger priority, and since the bulldogs first showed interest i have not been too big on the idea. But given the Flanagan signing i have a little more faith in our spine overall. JAC, Avo, Flanagan, JMK or Katoa is not terrible. This being said, he may even have some sway in luring one of the storms hookers our way if he signs.
In any case, maybe Grant, Smith and Smith all decide to stay together....who knows.
I wont be bitter if we miss out on him though.
Flanagan is a decent gamble at a good price but I'm far from convinced he will be a set and forget option for us in the halves right now. His skillset seems pretty decent though his performances at the Roosters were nothing amazing considering the star power around him...not sure if he struggled to standout because his role was limited to just being a support player and executing long kicks or if he just failed to do what was expected of him. But like I said i'm happy to have him.

JMK and Katoa...we surely can't start with them as a number 1 and 2 hooker next season. I'd rather lock Wakeham in the gym for the next few months and give him a run then start with these two lol. One of Grant/Smith has to go, both want to play hooker and I can't see how the Storm possibly retain them both considering the money on offer. Grant is hands down the better option but I'd be willing the gamble on Smith considering our position.

Averillo...where does he play? He is a great ball runner with some silky ball skills and could probably play 6/1 equally as well, but again like all our other options he is another player that is yet to establish or condition himself to firstgrade.

Anyway I think our money needs to go into the spine, then forwards and then finally the outside backs...at the end of the day if your spine and forwards are performing then any half decent athlete will do the job in the backline.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing is though, it will be a swap deal. So if we currently have say 1.2 mil left in our cap, and we were to pay JAC 600k per season, and swap Reimis who is probably on about 300-350k, then we are actually only paying JAC 250-300k from the 1.2 mil we have left, leaving 900-950k.
That figure will increase as you would imagine some players will be shown the door.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Storm identify new target for Addo-Carr deal
Could this be the player to get a swap deal done?

BY
MITCH KEATING
-
DEPUTY EDITOR
OCTOBER 27, 2020

NRL Rd 4 - Storm v Rabbitohs

Melbourne have quickly moved on from their premiership celebrations and now have their sights on landing Canterbury winger Reimis Smith.
According to NRL 360’s James Hooper, the Storm have Smith on their radar as they look to move Addo-Carr to Sydney, with a swap deal now potentially in play.
Incoming Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett could give Addo-Carr his wish in playing the speedster at fullback, with Roosters playmaker Kyle Flanagan and Raiders star Nick Cotric also set for Belmore.
According to NRL.com, the Tigers are the only club to have officially tabled an offer for ‘The Foxx’, with the Storm persistent on wanting Wests star David Nofoaluma in return.

South Sydney have also shown interest in the Melbourne winger, but are reluctant to give up any of their star names to land Addo-Carr.

Imagine being able to land

Addo-Carr
Kyle Flanagan
Nick Cotric
Matt Burton

in one of season??? Especially how these last few seasons we have only been able to entice fringe first graders to Belmore.......what a change a coach makes :grinning: I personally would add to my wish list Brent Naden to follow Trent to Belmore. C'mon Trent get into his ear and make it happen, would be a great get for us!!!! I know I sound greedy but when was the last time we were so hyped during the off season? :tonguewink:

Last edited:

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep enough for a good hooker