News (nrl.com) Dogs set to seal Flanno deal as Foxx replacement catches Storm's eye (its Reimis)

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let Tigers sign JAC on big coin and then outbid them for Grant.
Grant will 100% stay at Melbourne. They know B Smith isn't their starting hooker... he is a gun player but Grant is a better 9. Even is Cam Smith plays on, I reckon they will both stay.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Grant will 100% stay at Melbourne. They know B Smith isn't their starting hooker... he is a gun player but Grant is a better 9. Even is Cam Smith plays on, I reckon they will both stay.
If Can Smith stays then Grant leaves imo. Just don't see him spending another year waiting.

However, I think B Smith will stay no matter what.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this swap doesn't eventuate, good luck keeping remis motivated now if he had any motivation left.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So even though Melbourne as we know it only has 1 year left before its heart and soul are removed (Bellamy/Smith) you still think these 2 young guns will want to live and play in Mexico as there best chance to win premierships??

Unless Trent Robinson and his coaching staff with Teddy, JWH and Manu are headed there to replace the goat of coaches, Melbourne are going to be raped of talent...

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If this swap doesn't eventuate, good luck keeping remis motivated now if he had any motivation left.
Reimis Smith's biggest problem is his attitude. Bellamy won't stand for any nonsense if he wants to play anywhere but winger. I have never been a fan of playing wingers in the centre. Very few have made the transition successfully basically because most of them lack the passing skills to put the winger outside them into space. Secondly centre is a key defensive position with decoys being aimed at you. If you come out of the line at the wrong time it leaves a hole you could drive a bus through. Reimis has shown both these deficiencies this season in the centres. If he goes to the Storm he will be a winger.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Thing about Melb wanting a replacement for JAC is that it puts us in a better position to negotiate a lower salary for Carr.

Tigers offering 650k and potential bonuses etc means fuck all if Storm are not interested.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thing about Melb wanting a replacement for JAC is that it puts us in a better position to negotiate a lower salary for Carr.

Tigers offering 650k and potential bonuses etc means fuck all if Storm are not interested.
thats what i said in my earlier post, storm hold all the cards dont they?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
thats what i said in my earlier post, storm hold all the cards dont they?
Didnt read the whole thread just seen a couple of the later posts about matching bids with Tigers etc.

Having the best potential replacement for JAC also gives us an ace up our sleeve as we dont have to get into a bidding war.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Didnt read the whole thread just seen a couple of the later posts about matching bids with Tigers etc.

Having the best potential replacement for JAC also gives us an ace up our sleeve as we dont have to get into a bidding war.
100%

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Think if we get Burton for 22 we will see him at the club in 21. Keeping a player who has signed elsewhere who isn't in your starting 17, and who would not want to be playing reserve grade i just don't see working.
Who could the Panthers want from us to grant an early release for Burton should we sign him for 22?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who could the Panthers want from us to grant an early release for Burton should we sign him for 22?
Think with Burton not even making the bench for the GF, and having 3 players already in front of him it's very different to the JAC situation imo.

JAC is a starting player, highly valued, respresentative.

Burton isn't, and won't be next year. He won't be in the starting 17, and especially not in the same position that he really wants.

Can't see any swap being needed imo?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JOSH ADDO-CARR

It is pretty much a sure thing now that Addo-Carr’s future will not be at Melbourne as he eyes a move to Sydney. The South Sydney Rabbitohs were in the race for his signature but now the Bulldogs and Tigers look to be in the box seat. “I think he’s going to the Canterbury Bulldogs,” Phil Rothfield told Big Sports Breakfast.“Wayne Bennett’s on record for saying he’s well-off for wingers and outside backs and I don’t think he’s keen on the Wests Tigers.” If a swap deal was made it likely would be with winger Reimis Smith who is understood to be the Bulldog offered up to Craig Bellamy. He would be the perfect candidate to improve under Bellamy’s tutelage.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Think with Burton not even making the bench for the GF, and having 3 players already in front of him it's very different to the JAC situation imo.

Burton isn't, and won't be next year. He won't be in the starting 17, and especially not in the same position that he really wants.

That’s the selling point to Burton, what is keeping you at the Panthers? It can’t be professional development because you’re not even considered in the 17 week in week out and they don’t even see you as a 6/7 because they are talking of playing you in the back row where there is already 4/5 others infront of you there too

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

That’s the selling point to Burton, what is keeping you at the Panthers? It can’t be professional development because you’re not even considered in the 17 week in week out and they don’t even see you as a 6/7 because they are talking of playing you in the back row where there is already 4/5 others infront of you there too

True, there is plenty of upside for him wanting the release but it is in the Panthers bests interests to keep him on the books next year for depth.
They would/should be looking for a little more incentive to let him go, particularly as cap relief isn't that much of an issue with him?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True, there is plenty of upside for him wanting the release but it is in the Panthers bests interests to keep him on the books next year for depth.
They would/should be looking for a little more incentive to let him go, particularly as cap relief isn't that much of an issue with him?
Not if they can't afford to, especially if other clubs start circling the off contract Grand Final players :grinning:

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
May not yet signed for next year and he is clearly ahead of Burton as shown this year, they extend him and there is your cover in the halves. No way is Burton going to be considered in the backrow, they are playing him to get him to stay. If he has a decent manager he will get a great pay rise and be a starting half next year elsewhere

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Storm don’t want DWZ. Bellamy can make Smith a star I see it already ! If we are lucky we can offload DWZ to tigers when they miss out on Fox they will be burning for a signing
It's pretty simple to me. Keep Smith as Bellamy is coming to the Dogs in 12 months anyway. Simples.