No one outside the club wants to play under pay

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With a full salary cap we should be able to make more than 4 signings, but we will see if the club is capable
It all depends on how much overs we will be forced to pay players to convince them to join us...That's if they do !!!
I guess that's why Pay said 2 or 3 players.
We all know if Foran stays uninjured and we keep him we would still need in this order very quality...
1 Hooker
2 Fullback
3 Centre
We cab do with a running back-rower and bulldozing prop !

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He 100% wanted to return to the Shire mate and he only bothered with a conversation with the Dogs in case that didn’t work out when he left Newcastle. Yet somehow the club ‘failed’ to recruit someone who wanted to be somewhere else. #KCT189.
Yeah I even said in my post he wanted to go back to the sharks. I hope we can snag a centre and a hooker though. I wonder if Cam Mcinnes from St George would be good for us?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I even said in my post he wanted to go back to the sharks. I hope we can snag a centre and a hooker though. I wonder if Cam Mcinnes from St George would be good for us?
A few have mentioned McInnes but he’s signed for the Steelers for 2021 so not an option for next year - though with the alleged upheaval there and contracts not always being honoured who knows...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thompson probably agreed to sign on with us because Pay won't be here.

Also its not just outside the club, I dont think players at the club want to play under Pay either.

He's a smug piece of shit. One win against a shitty Dragons team and he's up on the press conference on his high horse like he's just coached us to a premiership. Please youre a half wit that couldnt run a bath let alone a footy team.
1. Thompson came for the money.
2. The team are playing for Pay.

We were expected to lose against the Dragons 1-12 so give Pay and the team some credit. The difference in attitude and effort was also night and day between the two sides.

You're also over exaggerating the press conference. How can you be upset/jealous of Pay being happy that he got a win? F off. Set some realistic expectations and maybe you wouldn't look like a tosser.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We were expected to lose against the Dragons 1-12 so give Pay and the team some credit. The difference in attitude and effort was also night and day between the two sides.
You're also over exaggerating the press conference. How can you be upset/jealous of Pay being happy that he got a win? F off. Set some realistic expectations and maybe you wouldn't look like a tosser.
As he has said many times Thompson also wanted to test himself in the NRL, that's his last real personal challenge having won an ESL Championship and played for his country.

Go Dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
As he has said many times Thompson also wanted to test himself in the NRL, that's his last real personal challenge having won an ESL Championship and played for his country.

Go Dogs
That's true, but that doesn't give us an edge over all the other NRL clubs interested.

Malla

Reaction score

Nah fuck that. He's a cock jock. Sits up there like he came up with some master plan to beat the dragons. Got asked if it was players who wanted the position switch and he basically said 'NO NO NO IT WAS MY IDEA AND ITS WHY WE GOT THE WIN'

LOL please mate you are a rubbish coach.

A realistic expectation is Pay getting the sack this year. Waste of space. And so are you you flog!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nah fuck that. He's a cock jock. Sits up there like he came up with some master plan to beat the dragons. Got asked if it was players who wanted the position switch and he basically said 'NO NO NO IT WAS MY IDEA AND ITS WHY WE GOT THE WIN'

LOL please mate you are a rubbish coach.

A realistic expectation is Pay getting the sack this year. Waste of space. And so are you you flog!
:D

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Knights don't have a recognised coach but they don't have trouble recruiting. Money talks.
Yeah they reckon they’re best recruit was aiden guerra, he convinced Pearce to come over, than Pearce convinces klemmer and then klemmer convinced frizell. Sometimes mates want to play with mates. Probably another reason klemmer left is because we let his best mate Sharon woods go. Ponga was just a bonus they promised him a permanent first grade spot

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah they reckon they’re best recruit was aiden guerra, he convinced Pearce to come over, than Pearce convinces klemmer and then klemmer convinced frizell. Sometimes mates want to play with mates. Probably another reason klemmer left is because we let his best mate Sharon woods go. Ponga was just a bonus they promised him a permanent first grade spot
Thats not a silly theory as its been said JG had a word in Thompson's ear about us, and once he is at the dogs maybe another couple of pommy internationals or gun SL guys might follow him.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rarely any club has made signings for next season. It’s still early, here’s hoping we see some movement towards the end of the season. We should be able to make judgements then.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Notice how horseshit, doofus dog and fuckboy are the 3 minority that suck each other off every single post aahahahaha

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All I read was ...

"I'll stop posting here"

... and I literally started doing the shuffle. When are you stopping posting mate? That's all that's important to me.
You love my posts but you won’t admit it

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Notice how horseshit, doofus dog and fuckboy are the 3 minority that suck each other off every single post aahahahaha
When is the movie coming out: Alzz and Alzzer? That’ll be a cracker...

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Recruitment will get a lot harder if any prospective player reads what posted on here.
The negativity on here seems to have no bounds.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point about Ponga. He went to a club who had just got 3 spoons in a row.

Also in 2009 we had an unproven coach (Kevin Moore) but still signed about 8 blokes when we totally overhauled the roster.

I think the coach has some influence on players signing but its certainly not the only factor or indeed the main factor. If I was a player my decision factors in order would be :

1. Money
2. Daylight
3. More daylight
4. Position I would be playing
5. Coach

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
People like us don’t care about what some poor negative little sook like you thinks. See you at the game Sunday. Oh that’s right

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well we know all the X’s and rainbows are going to pop there head again when there is another post against pay.!!! No names needed :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

OK.. yes I am fully not on the pay band wagon an everybody knows this, the thing is however. When he spoke on 360 and said the club is actively looking and making sure they sign the right players, for the right positions to make this team BETTER.. it stuck with me , it seemed genuine, and that gave me a little more optimism than I used to have, so I will let him prove himself and stick his money where his mouth is.!!
Patience is the key here. Years of failure have left everyone desperate, but I still think that we can make some astute signings for next year which will improve our roster.
If we get Thompson here for the remainder of this year, it will already improve our roster drastically for this year, which should in turn improve our recruitment chances.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
People like us don’t care about what some poor negative little sook like you thinks. See you at the game Sunday. Oh that’s right
@Horse Flights & permit sorted mate? I’ll get there pretty early so will see you there. Definitely beers after and we can have a laugh at the new threads Alz starts haha