Reaction score
We have the 2 best props in the world. What more do you want hahahaha

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Your right, it is unrealistic to think that we will win a premiership next year, I didnt say that.
Your wrong. Over achieved? That is your opinion based on zero facts and dont bother, Ive read it from you a million times. Your entitled to your opinion that is why Ive never said anything but its a bit rich telling people they are wrong.
How is it zero facts when we were tipped/predicted for the wooden spoon last year and finished 12th? We're tipped/predicted to come second last this year by the way. We weren't expected to beat the Dragons last week. Pay and the team has picked up multiple wins over teams we shouldn't of beat. To me that's overachieving.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How is it zero facts when we were tipped/predicted for the wooden spoon last year and finished 12th? We're tipped/predicted to come second last this year by the way. We weren't expected to beat the Dragons last week.
Do you predict we will be 2nd last this year?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do you predict we will be 2nd last this year?
Before a ball was kicked I predicted us to come ~14th. I had hopes we could finish outside the bottom four like the previous two seasons. That was with Warriors getting the wooden spoon, who are currently doing better than expected. If you were to ask me right now I think we finish above the Titans and Dragons but it's a long season. On paper our roster isn't good enough but season after season we finish better than expected considering the situation we're in. I personally use where the money is/betting (sportsbet, bet365, etc) for expectations as well as my own opinion if there isn't much in it. If you can't place realistic expectations on the team then that's on you. It's just hard for me to take your opinion seriously when you're not on terms with the situation we're in.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Before a ball was kicked I predicted us to come ~14th. I had hopes we could finish outside the bottom four like the previous two seasons. That was with Warriors getting the wooden spoon, who are currently doing better than expected. If you were to ask me right now I think we finish above the Titans and Dragons but it's a long season. On paper our roster isn't good enough but season after season we finish better than expected considering the situation we're in.
Predictions arent facts. Who defines experts? Dont the Dragons have a better roster than us, shouldnt they be sitting atleast 10th to 8th position with the cattle they have?
Anywhos, we can go back and forth but its pointless. Enjoy your day.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Would Pay get a head coach gig at another club for 2021 if we don't extend him?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Would Pay get a head coach gig at another club for 2021 if we don't extend him?
No, assistant coach somewhere. Maybe Super League if he wanted. Also there isn't another assistant coach or Super League coach that could get a NRL job anywhere maybe bar the Dragons (and they're still sticking with McGregor).

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How is it zero facts when we were tipped/predicted for the wooden spoon last year and finished 12th? We're tipped/predicted to come second last this year by the way. We weren't expected to beat the Dragons last week. Pay and the team has picked up multiple wins over teams we shouldn't of beat. To me that's overachieving.
Sorry to interrupt Bradmeister but we were $1.90 each last week at the TAB before I loaded up on the dogs. Cheers.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt Bradmeister but we were $1.90 each last week at the TAB before I loaded up on the dogs. Cheers.
The market was Dragons 1-12 before kick off (but very close to 50/50). You get the point tho we've won multiple games over the years where we weren't expected too. I'll be honest I would of taken the Dragons if I was betting :P . That's because of their roster on paper.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The market was Dragons 1-12 before kick off (but very close to 50/50). You get the point tho we've won multiple games over the years where we weren't expected too. I'll be honest I would of taken the Dragons if I was betting :P . That's because of their roster on paper.
i do get the point and they do have a superior roster but ask any dragons supporter we are their bogey team. Remember that next time you have a punt ;)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
i do get the point and they do have a superior roster but ask any dragons supporter we are their bogey team. Remember that next time you have a punt ;)
We weren't last year :P .

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We weren't last year :P .
True but you aren’t guaranteed to win anything that’s why it’s called a “punt” and the year before we beat them twice and we were bottom of the table..

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Your right, it is unrealistic to think that we will win a premiership next year, I didnt say that.
Your wrong. Over achieved? That is your opinion based on zero facts and dont bother, Ive read it from you a million times. Your entitled to your opinion that is why Ive never said anything but its a bit rich telling people they are wrong.
I’ll go into bat for Brady here as he’s absolutely on the money with what he’s saying. We were wooden spoon favourites last year based on the absolute facts that no matter what metric you choose to assess our team, we were the weakest on paper by quite a margin.

We had the most inexperienced roster on first grade experience, we had the youngest average player age, we didn’t have a single origin incumbent, barely any representative players to speak of, an inexperienced coach, no boom rookies, and our highest quality player occupying almost 20% of our cap was busted. These are all facts and why the market as well as pretty much every single expert in the game had us as short priced favourites for the spoon.

The fact that we finished just 3 points outside of playing Finals footy was a massive overachievement in the eyes of anyone with half a clue. This obviously excludes the majority of the knuckleheads on here who either refuse to accept, or simply don’t have the brain capacity to comprehend reality and feel that they are somehow entitled to demand higher levels of success.

Have a read of Gus Gould’s latest column. Full of praise for the job that Pay has done under extremely difficult circumstances. Few better judges in the game than Gus.

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ll go into bat for Brady here as he’s absolutely on the money with what he’s saying. We were wooden spoon favourites last year based on the absolute facts that no matter what metric you choose to assess our team, we were the weakest on paper by quite a margin.

We had the most inexperienced roster on first grade experience, we had the youngest average player age, we didn’t have a single origin incumbent, barely an representative players to speak of, an inexperienced coach, no boom rookies, and our highest quality player occupying almost 20% of our cap was busted. These are all facts and why the market as well as pretty much every single expert in the game had us as short priced favourites for the spoon.

The fact that we finished just 3 points outside of playing Finals footy was a massive overachievement in the eyes of anyone with half a clue. This obviously excludes the majority of the knuckleheads on here who either refuse to accept, or simply don’t have the brain capacity to comprehend reality and feel that they are somehow entitled to demand higher levels of success.

Have a read of Gus Gould’s latest column. Full of praise for the job that Pay has done under extremely difficult circumstances. Few better judges in the game than Gus.
Why do you need to go into bat for Brady, cant you just give me a red X?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well kudos to the previous board who hired both pay and hilly.
Well done.

We had the most inexperienced roster on first grade experience, we had the youngest average player age, we didn’t have a single origin incumbent, barely any representative players to speak of, an inexperienced coach, no boom rookies, and our highest quality player occupying almost 20% of our cap was busted. These are all facts and why the market as well as pretty much every single expert in the game had us as short priced favourites for the spoon.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do you need to go into bat for Brady, cant you just give me a red X?
I’ll give you one on this post since you’ve provided no counter argument or substance whatsoever. Well deserved.

Malla

Reaction score
If anyone wants to question current players not wanting to play for Pay, please watch the replay of last nights game.

Probably since 2008 when SBW left, I have never seen a more dejected group of players that just cannot be fked. We have a much better team on paper than whats being dished out on the field. Pay is an absolute air headed flog. Fuck him and his shitty coaching.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved Dean pay as a player hard as but his caretaker coaching time is up
I was prepared to cut him some slack roster issues no cash but this is sad state of affairs
His selections are not good
Lewis needs to go
Katoa needs game time
Smith is a winger
Averillo needs to b in somewhere
Thompson is needed asap
Tolman should go