News Nathan Brown (player)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
8. Horse 9. Anyone but JMK 10. Thompson 11. Jackson 12. TPJ 13. Elliott 14.Topine 15. RFM 16. Rudolf 17. Atoni
That looks much better than we have now with some variety in size and body type
A few of those might have to be shuffled around like Jackson to lock and Rudolph would only sign elsewhere to start but if you added a hooker like Clark to that pack we'd certainly be a top 8, top 6 team with the addition Burton in the halves and Fox in the backline.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
. No shit ! Doesn’t mean he is a premium front rower, which is what we need. Fk me what’s with settling for second best man.
That's your opinion. I think he is a great lock option for us. Has an offload, aggression, gets the defensive line moving forward and makes great metres up the middle. Much better than Elliot or Jackson.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's had a fair few broken jaws and leg injuries. He's only played 83 games for Parra in five seasons due to injuries and suspensions. Not a great record when there are 25 games a season..

I like Horse. He's a hothead too but he'd be a lot cheaper and has upside. Lolo and Haas are pipedreams but my point is if you're spending 600k on Brown, you're not getting good value compared to what they're worth. Again, I'd rather have TPJ for a similar price who is probably a more gettable target..
Who's horse ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's better than Rudolf but the $$$ aren't right.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who's horse ?
Horsburgh from Canberra. He's a loose cannon with an average judiciary record but he was on the verge of Origin just last year and is on the outer at Canberra with their stacked pack so he'd be affordable and maybe worth taking a chance on.

To me he's similar in risk to Hetherington in terms of suspensions but has ten times more upside and game..

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few of those might have to be shuffled around like Jackson to lock and Rudolph would only sign elsewhere to start but if you added a hooker like Clark to that pack we'd certainly be a top 8, top 6 team with the addition Burton in the halves and Fox in the backline.
I think Jackson’s time as a starting forward will end soon. He will be a bench forward until his contract ends.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Jackson’s time as a starting forward will end soon. He will be a bench forward until his contract ends.
Oh I agree based on performance. Even if he has been better at lock this season... I'd much rather see Topine starting at lock next season but based on reputation, experience and salary it's more likely Jackson starts a while longer and then eventually moves to the bench..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes to Brown. We need aggressive forwards with good leg speed consistently running through brick walls.
The best teams have these types of forwards.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think he'd be effective anywhere but lock (I think he's a weird player that shouldn't play prop or second row, needs that hybrid role) and we can't move Jackson from that position. I'd probably say a waste of salary cap when we need to strengthen in other positions.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is on the fringes of making the Blues 17 and people want to dismiss him, wow really?

The guy brings a lift to Parra every time he comes onto the field. He has a good offload and is fast at getting back up onto his feet to play the ball. If he is not the type of player we are looking for then we'd might as well go get Trent Merrin out of retirement.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Has averaged about 17 games a season for the last 5 years? Is pricing himself out of the market which indicates he isn't going to play for the jersey he is wearing. Yeah Nah. Nah. Nuh Uh.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm not sure what he's doing with his negotiations though? I guess he genuinely wants to stay at Parra but wants a longer deal, only reason why I could imagine him turning down the Manly offer. I used to see him fairly often and he was always up for a chat, total opposite of what he is like on the field haha.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
he is a serious tool, I would hate to see him in a bulldogs jersey, he can suck a bag of dicks at Parramatta.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We can go for cheap value all day of the week but we have plenty of those players already.
We need marquees. Premium spice. BMWs. Gucci. Armani. Avian.
All our players in 2019 (before Napa and Hoppa completely expired) were first graders.
but a team of first graders doesn’t win,
A team of first graders peppered with gold dust does
Solid post. I expect nothing less from someone of your know-how and analytical prowess but I'm still left impressed all the same.