News Nathan Brown (player)

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently both manly and parra have pulled their offers for him after he wanted more than they were willing to give him. Wants 600k on a long term deal. Would you guys want him at the dogs? Personally he shits me but I reckon I’d love him if he were in blue & white considering we’re paying Napa 650 I feel he’d be a good signing to bolster our pack. Thoughts?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. There's a reason other clubs pulled their offers when he demanded more cash... and it's a simple one, he ain't worth it.
Just because we paid a dud like Napa 650k doesn't mean it's ok to spend that kind of cash on other average players. We should only be spending that kind of money on rep standard players from here on out.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is an if the price is right signing for me. I wouldn’t pay overs and Given his options are drying up, I’d throw a cheeky offer his way for a few years. I think he could add value at 13 for us, with Thommo and say Rudolph up front and a decent No.9 I think the pack would be better suited to the new style and have plenty of grunt, some leg speed and off loads.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's not worth that money, has as bad a judiciary record as Hetherington and is injured all of the time.

He's a solid player who's aggression can be good and make an impact, but not at that price or age.. Would you rather offer Taumalolo or Haas a million in their prime or Brown 600k at the back end of his career? Would you rather offer Brown 600k or Pangai Junior 650k? As others have said, there's a reason why clubs aren't giving Brown what he wants.. Because he's not worth it and there's better value elsewhere..

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure Dallin would love being his teammate

If he’s playing as well as he did a few years ago, and accepted a massive paycut then yeah.

But he isn’t and he won’t, so nah.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's not worth that money, has as bad a judiciary record as Hetherington and is injured all of the time.

He's a solid player who's aggression can be good and make an impact, but not at that price or age.. Would you rather offer Taumalolo or Haas a million in their prime or Brown 600k at the back end of his career? Would you rather offer Brown 600k or Pangai Junior 650k? As others have said, there's a reason why clubs aren't giving Brown what he wants.. Because he's not worth it and there's better value elsewhere..
He’s not injured all the time come on bro. He’s missed time for like 2 injuries in 5 years.
I don’t think he’s a great fit for us anyway. I’d much rather we get a guy like Horsburgh who would be asking for much less. Haas & Taumalolo are just pipe dreams at the moment

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Just realised he shares a name with a coach.
He’s not 600k long term.
He is 500 for 2 years sure.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s not injured all the time come on bro. He’s missed time for like 2 injuries in 5 years.
I don’t think he’s a great fit for us anyway. I’d much rather we get a guy like Horsburgh who would be asking for much less. Haas & Taumalolo are just pipe dreams at the moment
He's had a fair few broken jaws and leg injuries. He's only played 83 games for Parra in five seasons due to injuries and suspensions. Not a great record when there are 25 games a season..

I like Horse. He's a hothead too but he'd be a lot cheaper and has upside. Lolo and Haas are pipedreams but my point is if you're spending 600k on Brown, you're not getting good value compared to what they're worth. Again, I'd rather have TPJ for a similar price who is probably a more gettable target..

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's had a fair few broken jaws and leg injuries. He's only played 83 games for Parra in five seasons due to injuries and suspensions. Not a great record when there are 25 games a season..

I like Horse. He's a hothead too but he'd be a lot cheaper and has upside. Lolo and Haas are pipedreams but my point is if you're spending 600k on Brown, you're not getting good value compared to what they're worth. Again, I'd rather have TPJ for a similar price who is probably a more gettable target..
TPJ and Horse would definitely transform the look of our pack. Surely the donkeys are under some cap pressure by re-signing Piakura.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

We can go for cheap value all day of the week but we have plenty of those players already.
We need marquees. Premium spice. BMWs. Gucci. Armani. Avian.
All our players in 2019 (before Napa and Hoppa completely expired) were first graders.
but a team of first graders doesn’t win,
A team of first graders peppered with gold dust does

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As well as huge upgrades for Staggs, Coates and they need to spend big on halves.. TPJ seems like the odd man out and likely to be on the market soon.
8. Horse 9. Anyone but JMK 10. Thompson 11. Jackson 12. TPJ 13. Elliott 14.Topine 15. RFM 16. Rudolf 17. Atoni
That looks much better than we have now with some variety in size and body type

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i dont mind if we get him at the rightprice we need a bit of mongrel back in the pack

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need to build the forward pack.. and at the moment we will be paying overs to recruit good players..