Nanai is a class player

Status
Not open for further replies.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I know his had a couple of poor patches this season, but his such a classy player IMO

Got a shuttle style of play, but his very sharp

Keep in mind his very young and still playing Toyota Cup, still has to develop in frame etc

I like all our young backline players TBH Nanai, Idris, Winitana, etc

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
he is getting better but i wouldnt put Winitana in that bracket. He really is struggling. I dunno if he has an injury or not but i noticed each time he got tackled he would touch his sturnum

mulloway

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i must agrre with ya there mate....except for winitana.......

i think next yr with a few new players and faster players around nanai will be good for us

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Winitana is better then people give him credit for IMO

His got a ridiculous step and directional change in his running game

Like Nanai I reckon he just needs to develop in frame abit more

I dont understand his guys TBH, there entire job is there physical profile. I just dont understand them having bellies and not looking like ripped ******. Winitana is guilty of that IMO

Its unforgiveable IMO

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
utai owns them all but yea I agree with you eedz
His a world of his own Utai

I reckon if you play Idris on the inside of Utai, have Idris covering bombs in defense.

You will have a CRAZY partnership. Very physical and dangerous IMO

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Heka is very inconsistent, but that is to be expected from a young player.

I haven't given up on him nor Wini and others, sure they need work, and some alot more than others, but they all have time on their side due to their youth.

Heka was quite good today and hopefully he can build on that.

the_yuk

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anybody realise nanai our top try scorer for the year with 11. He must be doing something right to be there.

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
Heka is very inconsistent, but that is to be expected from a young player. Ben, the cream of the crop at 17 are not inconsistent..... I guess that Heka can be no more than a good first grade player... i will take that.... hope he has a good off season.... confidence is all he needs

I haven't given up on him nor Wini and others, sure they need work, and some alot more than others, but they all have time on their side due to their youth.

Ben if Winitana needs work... the place to learn is not first grade..... needs at least 12 months more in the lower grades

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Considering their age and experience, I reckon Winitana and Nanai are potentially very good like was originally thought when they come into first grade. They are both still capable of making good plays and have done alright considering how disorganised and generally poor the team has been this season.

What's up with Nanai's hair? It looks grey in patches.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Heka is very inconsistent, but that is to be expected from a young player. Ben, the cream of the crop at 17 are not inconsistent..... I guess that Heka can be no more than a good first grade player... i will take that.... hope he has a good off season.... confidence is all he needs

Ben if Winitana needs work... the place to learn is not first grade..... needs at least 12 months more in the lower grades
I agree. Both need big off seasons and Wini should be in Reserve Grade to work on his game. And he will be next year unless he has a big off season. But this year, with our injuries and cap pressure, there weren't too many alternatives to playing Wini in the centres.

I disagree however on boom young players being consistent. They still aren't, and quite often drop off in their second year.

Look how average Inu and Hayne look at the moment. Even Falou shows very little consistency. IMO, the vast majority of youngsters are inconsistent and will be until they mature and learn alot more about FG Rugby League.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Winitana is better then people give him credit for IMO

His got a ridiculous step and directional change in his running game

Like Nanai I reckon he just needs to develop in frame abit more

I dont understand his guys TBH, there entire job is there physical profile. I just dont understand them having bellies and not looking like ripped ******. Winitana is guilty of that IMO

Its unforgiveable IMO
That's the thing. They haven't been around very long and haven't got the strength and agility yet. One of their opponents today is a good example of how it can take a while to get up to speed in the NRL. Darius Boyd for his first season or so wasn't very effective at all, but with a season and off-season of training under his belt, he's a lot stronger and better now.

I'm curious if Winitana has been playing RL long though because any kid that's been in the system a few years should be fitter than that, however he also just might like eating junk.

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
I agree. Both need big off seasons and Wini should be in Reserve Grade to work on his game. And he will be next year unless he has a big off season. But this year, with our injuries and cap pressure, there weren't too many alternatives to playing Wini in the centres.

I disagree however on boom young players being consistent. They still aren't, and quite often drop off in their second year.

Look how average Inu and Hayne look at the moment. Even Falou shows very little consistency. IMO, the vast majority of youngsters are inconsistent and will be until they mature and learn alot more about FG Rugby League.[/
QUOTE]

damnit i hate it when you are right..... I was actually thinking of Karmichael Hunt and his near 100 FG games when talking about younger players and consistency

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
he is a decent player still growing in a matter of years he be great i think

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
damnit i hate it when you are right..... I was actually thinking of Karmichael Hunt and his near 100 FG games when talking about younger players and consistency
But I'm always right. :D

Haha, but in all seriousness, Tim Sheens once said you aren't a FG footballer until you have played 50 or 75 FG games. I agree with that theory and the vast majority of youngsters don't show prolonged consistency until a couple years into their FG careers.

scot

I'll unleash these on you
Reaction score
I'm with Btrain on this one. Most people on here forget that at the outset Winitana was probably no more then 4th choice centre, and Nanai was someone who may get picked for a few games here and there. Neither was expected to play full seasons in the top grade (which Nanai ultimately pretty much has)

And before people point to Idris' wonderful 2 matches, he's made a few minor mistakes as well.

Point is, all these boys are up in 1st grade before they're ready and they've made major improvements in their own games. They're all strong developing players we will see more good things from next year...and more importantly, less bad things.

scot

I'll unleash these on you
Reaction score
The thing alot of people forget - it was alot easier for Braith Anasta and Matt Utai to win their Rookie of the year awards when they did, and SBW to be judged the next big thing and have great seasons, due to the teams they were in, which were leading the competition and had the calibre of experienced players they did to feed off. Wini, Nanai and others haven't had that luck this year, and lost players like Patten and Tonga early who can guide those young blokes around.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will never see Nanai's real potential, until his put in the left centre position. I remember watching him in jersey flegg last year, he played centres, made the Junior Australian team. His a centre, now when is he going to get a go there!?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The thing alot of people forget - it was alot easier for Braith Anasta and Matt Utai to win their Rookie of the year awards when they did, and SBW to be judged the next big thing and have great seasons, due to the teams they were in, which were leading the competition and had the calibre of experienced players they did to feed off. Wini, Nanai and others haven't had that luck this year, and lost players like Patten and Tonga early who can guide those young blokes around.
Very true Scott. A team at the bottom of the ladder in dissarray like ours is alot harder for a youngster to play in than an experienced, well balanced team at the top of the table like we have been for the majority of the past three decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.