Movie Discussion

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My favourite movie of the 70's is taxi driver.
Totall recall was made in 1989 but released in 1990.
Total recall is one of my favourite science fiction,action/thrillers I've ever seen.

They don't really make decent thriller movies anymore!

I always liked Jeepers Creepers.. that truck

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I find movies back in the day had you at the edge of your seat and you kind of felt like you were there every step of the way!

Movies don't have that magic anymore.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find movies back in the day had you at the edge of your seat and you kind of felt like you were there every step of the way!

Movies don't have that magic anymore.
I know what you mean.. even when the bad guy or creature or whatever was so unrealistic they managed to have that effect.. where as now I think a lot of the films are like a build up to a sudden shock moment but a lot of the lead up just drags on n on

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean.. even when the bad guy or creature or whatever was so unrealistic they managed to have that effect.. where as now I think a lot of the films are like a build up to a sudden shock moment but a lot of the lead up just drags on n on
Horror movies now days just work on jump scares or just ramp up the gore factor to try shock people instead. I love horror movies but it's hard to find ones that I actually find decent. I think I watched so many that I'm desensitized to what's meant to be scary.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Jeepers Creepers lol. That movie title always take me back to year 12 English.

English Teacher: Has anyone here seen To Kill a Mockingbird?
Rob: No, but I've seen Jeepers Creepers
Rest of the class: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

...and I'll just leave this here before brother @K E beats me to it...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone at my work has never seen total recall.?.?.?

I told him he must watch it!.

Another movie I forgot to mention that I like, no idea if its been mentioned?
Falling down with Michael Douglas and Robert Duvall.

Easily my favourite Michael Douglas movie and my favourite movie produced in 1993.
If I was to write a novel and direct it into a movie, I would want it to have the falling down element to it.

Michael Douglas loses his mind in this movie and does a lot of crazy things.
You find yourself rooting for him all the way up until the last part of the movie when he trying to kill his ex wife and daughter.

At that point you want Robert Duvall to relive his western days and give a John Wayne ending!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Someone at my work has never seen total recall.?.?.?

I told him he must watch it!.

Another movie I forgot to mention that I like, no idea if its been mentioned?
Falling down with Michael Douglas and Robert Duvall.

Easily my favourite Michael Douglas movie and my favourite movie produced in 1993.
If I was to write a novel and direct it into a movie, I would want it to have the falling down element to it.

Michael Douglas loses his mind in this movie and does a lot of crazy things.
You find yourself rooting for him all the way up until the last part of the movie when he trying to kill his ex wife and daughter.

At that point you want Robert Duvall to relive his western days and give a John Wayne ending!
Yep - page 74. Fantastic film. Best scene was the gangland one where he beat the shit out of those Mexicans.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most of the criticism is due to the scripting and the fact that they went with a PG-13 rating rather than going an R rating, which is honestly a good criticism. But there are a few reviews out there that criticise the fact that Eddie Brock is white and the bad guy isn't white.
I think I was right on the fkn money. That was the first movie in a long time I’ve seen where I wasn’t force fed a leftist agenda. That’s why the “professional” critics hated it lol.
I agree there were issues with the script but can understand they wanted it to be involved in the pc friendly realm of Spider-Man squirting jizz at people.
Would have been even better if they left it a stand alone and R.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Surviving The Game

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111323/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_97

upload_2018-10-10_7-55-35.png

I watched this on Netflix yesterday. Not a bad movie.

A homeless man (Ice-T) is hired as a survival guide for a group of wealthy businessmen on a hunting trip in the mountains, unaware that they are killers who hunt humans for sport, and that he is their new prey.

Pretty good movie for 1994. You can tell from the moment they all meet in the cabin that something weird is going down.

7/10.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surviving The Game

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111323/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_97

View attachment 7763

I watched this on Netflix yesterday. Not a bad movie.

A homeless man (Ice-T) is hired as a survival guide for a group of wealthy businessmen on a hunting trip in the mountains, unaware that they are killers who hunt humans for sport, and that he is their new prey.

Pretty good movie for 1994. You can tell from the moment they all meet in the cabin that something weird is going down.

7/10.
I remember watching that when it came out. Similar to Hard Target with the whole hunting down homeless guys for fun.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I remember watching that when it came out. Similar to Hard Target with the whole hunting down homeless guys for fun.
That's what I thought at first. You wouldn't have thought that's what it was about at all when you saw Walter Cole save Mason's life in the beginning - he looked like he was genuine.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought at first. You wouldn't have thought that's what it was about at all when you saw Walter Cole save Mason's life in the beginning - he looked like he was genuine.
It was only a ploy, deeper motives.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Seeking Justice

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1214962/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

After his wife is assaulted, a husband enlists the services of a vigilante group to help him settle the score. Then he discovers they want a 'favor' from him in return. Some parts are a little predictable, as in you can see what's about to happen. The movie itself can be a little confusing when you're trying to figure out why certain things are happening, but it eventually all falls together. Not bad. An action/mystery/thriller combo.

7/10.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Horror movies now days just work on jump scares or just ramp up the gore factor to try shock people instead. I love horror movies but it's hard to find ones that I actually find decent. I think I watched so many that I'm desensitized to what's meant to be scary.
Did you know if you watch horror movies and you laugh at the murder scenes, it means you want to commit serious harm and imitate the murder?

Well that’s what someone said about Martin Bryant.
Apparently the heiress to tattersalls used to date this retard and she had a traumatic experience because he used to laugh at the death scenes in Freddy Kruger and Chucky!

Well FMD I guess I’m planning a mass shooting one day soon?
What normal guy hasn’t laughed at death scenes in horror or thrillers?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Did you know if you watch horror movies and you laugh at the murder scenes, it means you want to commit serious harm and imitate the murder?

Well that’s what someone said about Martin Bryant.
Apparently the heiress to tattersalls used to date this retard and she had a traumatic experience because he used to laugh at the death scenes in Freddy Kruger and Chucky!

Well FMD I guess I’m planning a mass shooting one day soon?
What normal guy hasn’t laughed at death scenes in horror or thrillers?
Everytime I watch a scary/horror movie, every guy in the cinema laughs at of those scenes - the girls scream. It's hilarious lol.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

A woman accidentally kills her husband during a kinky game. Handcuffed to her bed with no hope of rescue, she begins hearing voices and seeing strange visions.

This could have been awful in the wrong hands, but it turned out great imo. Thanks largely to a good script, fantastic direction and the performance of Carla Gugino who was amazing in her role.

Highly recommended.

9/10