Movie Discussion

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The guy who does the voice of Korg is also the director of the movie. He has made a string of New Zealand films which are all excellent.
Yeah I noticed that. He definitely did a good job with Thor.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone seen Hereditary? Toni Collette has some great scenes in it..but the movie overall is just so disappointing.. Builds up nicely..and then falls flat.. I felt cheated by the ending.. 5/10.. Four of those marks are for Collette alone..but even her intensity couldn’t entirely save the film..

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone seen Hereditary? Toni Collette has some great scenes in it..but the movie overall is just so disappointing.. Builds up nicely..and then falls flat.. I felt cheated by the ending.. 5/10.. Four of those marks are for Collette alone..but even her intensity couldn’t entirely save the film..
I get what you mean, I found it pretty predictable after the first act, but i liked it. Imo it's a lot better than most other horrors I've seen over the last five years

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I get what you mean, I found it pretty predictable after the first act, but i liked it. Imo it's a lot better than most other horrors I've seen over the last five years
Just found it a let down that’s all.. Totally agree about the horror genre..been pretty underwhelming to say the least.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally watched Warm Bodies on Stan. I have been planning to watch it for years but I kept putting it off because it looked like a crappy teenage drama like Twilight. Glad I watched it. Very entertaining movie.

It's a zombie apocalypse movie but the premise is that one of the zombies starts getting his cognitive function back when he falls in love with a woman. It should be pointed out that he becomes obsessed with her after eating her boyfriend's brain.

It's completely ridiculous comedy but the comedy is delivered very well. Don't take the movie too serious and you'll enjoy it.

8.5 / 10

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1588173/?ref=m_nv_sr_1

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally watched Warm Bodies on Stan. I have been planning to watch it for years but I kept putting it off because it looked like a crappy teenage drama like Twilight. Glad I watched it. Very entertaining movie.

It's a zombie apocalypse movie but the premise is that one of the zombies starts getting his cognitive function back when he falls in love with a woman. It should be pointed out that he becomes obsessed with her after eating her boyfriend's brain.

It's completely ridiculous comedy but the comedy is delivered very well. Don't take the movie too serious and you'll enjoy it.

8.5 / 10

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1588173/?ref=m_nv_sr_1
You summed it up pretty well. I thought the same thing when I first seen the trailer for it but it turned out alright once I watched the actual movie. It's definitely a different take on a zombie movie.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
images (2).jpeg

A film about what could happen if the wrong person pushed the wrong button -- and it played the situation for laughs. U.S. Air Force General Jack Ripper goes completely insane, and sends his bomber wing to destroy the U.S.S.R. He thinks that the communists are conspiring to pollute the "precious bodily fluids" of the American people.

Finally watched it last night after it was sitting on my hard drive for years, and very glad I did. I found it absolutely hilarious, Peter Sellers was an amazing talent who is sorely missed, one of the greats.

8/10

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just watched Christopher Robin today at the cinemas. Not a bad movie and you can tell it's heavily using metaphors to apply to life (that we spend so long working that we forget about enjoying life/living).

Animation was absolutely brilliant as was the cinematography.

Most of the movie would go right over kids heads though.

I thought it was okay.. enjoyable but not "You've got to see it" amazing.

Probably a 6.5/10 for me.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just watched Christopher Robin today at the cinemas. Not a bad movie and you can tell it's heavily using metaphors to apply to life (that we spend so long working that we forget about enjoying life/living).

Well essentially we’re actially meant to work to live but these days were living to work. Not good

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

What the bloody hell??? Why don't they just call it Winnie the Pooh FFS?

Wahesh

Reaction score
She's All That

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0160862/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I usually alternate on boring Sunday nights watching a movie one Sunday with a movie I haven't seen and the following Sunday. Last night was the later, and again feeling nostalgic, I put on a typical American high school comedy movie.

She's All That is your typical high school prom king and queen story and the run in defending the star status in the upcoming election. High school hottie, Zack Siler is dumped by his prom-queen girlfriend, the equally attractive and extremely popular, Taylor Vaughan who fell for a second-hand world reject TV soap star who she met over the spring break. Having been publicly dumped, Zack defends his discomposure by stating that Taylor is all make-up and wonder-bra and he can make any ordinary girl a prom queen with a similar package. His high-school buddy, Dean Sampson, engages him in a bet following this statement and picks the geeky looking Laney Boggs out of the crowd as the girl Zack must transform into the new prom queen. Zack agrees since he has no option, but as time passes and Laney begins to transform, Zack begins to find her attractive. While all that falls beautifully in place, it's not your typical fairy-tale.

One thing about this movie that REALLY stood out was the Miami pool party scene, seeing all the girls there wearing bikinis and costumes that did not show even 1% of their ass... unlike the g-string bikinis that have become a normal thing these days. Now THAT took me back to the good old days.

There was a touch of sadness for me watching this movie seeing a young Paul in this movie with a head full of blonde hair.

7/10.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
images (2).jpeg

Three "disabled" rock musicians find a drummer whose dark ambitions may ruin them all.

This is basically a Dutch version of Trainspotting on acid, with a hint of angel dust sprinkled on top. The humor is as black as coal, just how I love it :tearsofjoy:

7/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
View attachment 7591

Three "disabled" rock musicians find a drummer whose dark ambitions may ruin them all.

This is basically a Dutch version of Trainspotting on acid, with a hint of angel dust sprinkled on top. The humor is as black as coal, just how I love it :tearsofjoy:

7/10
Interesting. What's their interpretation of "disabled" though?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. What's their interpretation of "disabled" though?
There's nothing physically wrong with any of them, they just say they are disabled in an attempt to garner sympathy and win a song contest. It's a very weird movie lol

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.png

In the Pacific Northwest in 1983, outsiders Red Miller and Mandy Bloom lead a loving and peaceful existence. When their pine-scented haven is savagely destroyed by a cult led by the sadistic Jeremiah Sand, Red is catapulted into a phantasmagoric journey filled with bloody vengeance and laced with deadly fire.

I loved this movie. My advice, turn off your brain and revel in the two hours of b grade glory of watching Nic Cage going ballistic and exacting highly-violent bloody revenge against the cult that killed his love.

They don't make them like this anymore

8/10

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
She's All That

I usually alternate on boring Sunday nights watching a movie one Sunday with a movie I haven't seen and the following Sunday. Last night was the later, and again feeling nostalgic, I put on a typical American high school comedy movie.

She's All That is your typical high school prom king and queen story and the run in defending the star status in the upcoming election. High school hottie, Zack Siler is dumped by his prom-queen girlfriend, the equally attractive and extremely popular, Taylor Vaughan who fell for a second-hand world reject TV soap star who she met over the spring break. Having been publicly dumped, Zack defends his discomposure by stating that Taylor is all make-up and wonder-bra and he can make any ordinary girl a prom queen with a similar package. His high-school buddy, Dean Sampson, engages him in a bet following this statement and picks the geeky looking Laney Boggs out of the crowd as the girl Zack must transform into the new prom queen. Zack agrees since he has no option, but as time passes and Laney begins to transform, Zack begins to find her attractive. While all that falls beautifully in place, it's not your typical fairy-tale.

One thing about this movie that REALLY stood out was the Miami pool party scene, seeing all the girls there wearing bikinis and costumes that did not show even 1% of their ass... unlike the g-string bikinis that have become a normal thing these days. Now THAT took me back to the good old days.

There was a touch of sadness for me watching this movie seeing a young Paul in this movie with a head full of blonde hair.

7/10.
Movie poster looks like she's trying to guide him in the back passage.
He's like "is that ok"
She's like "It's all that"

and everyone's trying to keep them apart.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Movie poster looks like she's trying to guide him in the back passage.
He's like "is that ok"
She's like "It's all that"

and everyone's trying to keep them apart.
Have you seen it bro? It's a pretty cool movie considering it's the 90s.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
She's All That

7/10.
I really didn't like this movie but man she was good looking.