Movie Discussion

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
images (2).jpeg

After Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor, residents of California descend into a wild panic, afraid that they might be the next target. Among them are Wild Bill Kelso (John Belushi), a crazed National Guard pilot; Sgt. Frank Tree (Dan Aykroyd), a patriotic, straight-laced tank crew commander; Ward Douglas (Ned Beatty), a civilian willing to help with the American war effort at any cost; and Maj. Gen. Joseph W. Stilwell (Robert Stack), who tries his hardest to maintain sanity amid the chaos

Apparently this bombed upon release and I can see why considering the subject matter and making the US Army out to be inept buffoons, but I thought it was great.

8/10

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
View attachment 7830

After Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor, residents of California descend into a wild panic, afraid that they might be the next target. Among them are Wild Bill Kelso (John Belushi), a crazed National Guard pilot; Sgt. Frank Tree (Dan Aykroyd), a patriotic, straight-laced tank crew commander; Ward Douglas (Ned Beatty), a civilian willing to help with the American war effort at any cost; and Maj. Gen. Joseph W. Stilwell (Robert Stack), who tries his hardest to maintain sanity amid the chaos

Apparently this bombed upon release and I can see why considering the subject matter and making the US Army out to be inept buffoons, but I thought it was great.

8/10
Wow that's an old school film. Some real legends of comedy there - looks like a good one. I'll keep an eye out for it :-)

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow that's an old school film. Some real legends of comedy there - looks like a good one. I'll keep an eye out for it :grinning:
I recommend watching the director's cut if you can find it, I've heard it includes a lot of memorable scenes

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
images (2).jpeg

On-air radio personality Barry Champlain (Eric Bogosian) likes to push buttons -- and the envelope. The talk show host has gained popularity by being controversial, and now his show is going national. But as Barry enjoys his professional success, his personal life is unraveling. He is still battling with his ex-wife (Ellen Greene), and also receiving sizable amounts of hate mail. When Barry hits the airwaves for a lengthy session, he gets a deranged caller who just may prove to be his match.

I saw this about a year back and wow.

The screenplay, direction, acting everything about it works perfectly, there isn't a single weak scene in the entire runtime. For anyone looking for a top notch drama, this will not disappoint.

10/10

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
True Memoirs of an International Assassin

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1542768/?ref_=nv_sr_1

After a publisher changes a writer's debut novel about a deadly assassin from fiction to non-fiction, the author finds himself thrust into the world of his lead character, and must take on the role of his character for his own survival. This movie from time-to-time will show how Hart will write the plot he's been thrust into which keeps you second-guessing throughout the film whether or not what you have just seen has actually taken place or if it's part of Hart's imagination. Not a bad film considering it's a Kevin Hart film... and a Netflix exclusive.

7/10.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So there's a new movie called "My Dinner with Herve" based on Herve Villechaize (that midget from Fantasy Island - the one that used to say "Ze Plane Ze Plane"), and known Bond villian.

In case you don't remember him, here is what he looks like.

upload_2018-10-22_17-16-13.png

As you can see, he looks a little Asian/Hispanic... so who better to play the role than....

wait for it......

Peter Dinklage!!!

The actual fuck!!!

Okay I get it, he's a midget as well, but I'm sure there is more than one midget in the world who looks slightly closer to Herve than Peter.

Here's the trailer anyway..

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
download.jpeg

Collin must make it through his final three days of probation for a chance at a new beginning in his Oakland, Calif., neighborhood. His bond with his volatile best friend soon gets tested when Collin sees a police officer shoot a suspect in the back during a chase through the streets. Things soon come to a head when the buddies attend a party at the upscale home of a young and wealthy tech entrepreneur.

Watched this last night based on a recommendation and couldn't get into it. I thought everything about it was bog average, (including the audio which sounds like it was recorded in a tin can)
Meh from me.

4/10

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that movie "downsizing" with Matt damon the shittest movoe ever made? If not what is worse?

Maybe midgets or short people like it but for a guy that is 6'1...its a shit movie

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

After a publisher changes a writer's debut novel about a deadly assassin from fiction to non-fiction, the author finds himself thrust into the world of his lead character, and must take on the role of his character for his own survival. This movie from time-to-time will show how Hart will write the plot he's been thrust into which keeps you second-guessing throughout the film whether or not what you have just seen has actually taken place or if it's part of Hart's imagination. Not a bad film considering it's a Kevin Hart film... and a Netflix exclusive.

7/10.
Kevin James or Kevin Hart?

Having said that, it probably doesn't matter either way.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is that movie "downsizing" with Matt damon the shittest movoe ever made? If not what is worse?

Maybe midgets or short people like it but for a guy that is 6'1...its a shit movie
I'm short and it sucked. I didn't even finish watching it.

Wahesh

Reaction score

Layover with David Hasselhoff is worse.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Terminator 2 was on rv last night I heard?
That means tv had something decent on for a change

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Terminator 2 was on rv last night I heard?
That means tv had something decent on for a change
Looper was on too. Great movie.

I remember when Looper first came out at the cinemas. I was driving to work and saw a poster for it but someone changed the L to a P. I giggled all the way to work.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

7/10.
I’m suspicious of Kevin James.
That’s not his real name is it?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whaaat the acting was so believable... can't believe it didn't get a Golden Globe!

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LEEEESSAAA!!!!

I love the " it's bullshit, I didn't hit her I did noaattt, Ohh, hi mark" line

That scene took almost an entire day to film. They did like 200 takes, and that was the end result :tearsofjoy:

Reminds me of this classic Simpsons episode