Movie Discussion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw Black Panther tonight. Enjoyed it. It's not the best movie but it is good. Massively overrated but still good.

The storyline is predictable and nothing that hasn't been done in a thousand other movies. The early fight scenes feel like they were recorded by Michael J Fox. The camera shakes so much that it gave me motion sickness, and I never get motion sickness. On the plus side the scenary is great, the characters are interesting, I thought they were going to make it all American rap music even though it was set in Africa, but it was actually decent music that worked well. There's even some good reflections on the culture. While they're effectively making this groups of black people look like the most advanced and intelligent people there are, they cut them down a few rungs in how they treat other people. And there's very little instances of white people being stereotypical racists like I expected. To the most part it's the black people who are racist but it doesn't touch on it much.

Overall I'd give it a 7.5/10

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I watched Downsizing the other day, god what an awful movie. Can i have 2hrs of my life back!!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Saw Black Panther tonight. Enjoyed it. It's not the best movie but it is good. Massively overrated but still good.

The storyline is predictable and nothing that hasn't been done in a thousand other movies. The early fight scenes feel like they were recorded by Michael J Fox. The camera shakes so much that it gave me motion sickness, and I never get motion sickness. On the plus side the scenary is great, the characters are interesting, I thought they were going to make it all American rap music even though it was set in Africa, but it was actually decent music that worked well. There's even some good reflections on the culture. While they're effectively making this groups of black people look like the most advanced and intelligent people there are, they cut them down a few rungs in how they treat other people. And there's very little instances of white people being stereotypical racists like I expected. To the most part it's the black people who are racist but it doesn't touch on it much.

Overall I'd give it a 7.5/10
Saw last night with my son.

I'm getting a bit tired of the comic book movies tbh, but with this it had something Imo that was different (maybe all the black people lol). It just felt better than the other movies from Marvel I have watched.

It had the humor that Marvel always has but more guts in the middle. I don't really pay that much attention to the music but I found that in this movie it was spot on.

Jordan and Boseman were excellent too. And I think Black Panther the character just oozes cool lol.

I'd give it an 8 but thats all opinion. It was very enjoyable . Oh and Serkis was good too.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw last night with my son.

I'm getting a bit tired of the comic book movies tbh, but with this it had something Imo that was different (maybe all the black people lol). It just felt better than the other movies from Marvel I have watched.

It had the humor that Marvel always has but more guts in the middle. I don't really pay that much attention to the music but I found that in this movie it was spot on.

Jordan and Boseman were excellent too. And I think Black Panther the character just oozes cool lol.

I'd give it an 8 but thats all opinion. It was very enjoyable . Oh and Serkis was good too.
Serkis was great. I found the humour to be a bit lacking. There were a few good jokes there but it was mainly serious. I loved the scenery most. Showing Africa and the city of Wakanda. All looked awesome. I just felt that the story was missing something. Still an enjoyable movie.

Honestly the only movies of the Marvel Cinematic Universe I would put above it is Thor 3, Captain America 1 & 3, Iron Man 1, Avengers 1, and Guardians of the Galaxy. It beat out the rest of them.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In ratings from best to worst I think I'd put them as follows:

1) Thor: Ragnarok
2) Guardians of the Galaxy
3) Captain America: Civil War
4) Avengers
5) Iron Man
6) Captain America
7) Black Panther
8) Doctor Strange
9) Thor
10) Captain America: Winter Soldier
11) Avengers: Age of Ultron
12) Spider-Man: Homecoming
13) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
14) Thor: Dark World
15) Iron Man 3
16) Iron Man 2
17) Ant-Man

And Incredible Hulk doesn't exist.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Serkis was great. I found the humour to be a bit lacking. There were a few good jokes there but it was mainly serious. I loved the scenery most. Showing Africa and the city of Wakanda. All looked awesome. I just felt that the story was missing something. Still an enjoyable movie.

Honestly the only movies of the Marvel Cinematic Universe I would put above it is Thor 3, Captain America 1 & 3, Iron Man 1, Avengers 1, and Guardians of the Galaxy. It beat out the rest of them.
I was kind of hoping that the humour was not in it. Not saying I don't like it but sometimes I like a good serious.

Loved Thor Ragnarok too by the way. Liked the way they put a little bit of Aussie and Kiwi in it.

On another note I don't know what it's like over there but the food prices at the Cinemas is obscene. Ffs two popcorn and two frozen cokes was 40 odd dollars lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was kind of hoping that the humour was not in it. Not saying I don't like it but sometimes I like a good serious.

Loved Thor Ragnarok too by the way. Liked the way they put a little bit of Aussie and Kiwi in it.

On another note I don't know what it's like over there but the food prices at the Cinemas is obscene. Ffs two popcorn and two frozen cokes was 40 odd dollars lol.
Not much better here. It was $15.50 each for popcorn and frozen coke. We ended up going down to KFC and grabbing Chicken nuggets and frozen pepsi.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ok, now I know I might get flamed for this, but you know what? I DON'T CARE!!!

You know that episode of The Simpsons where there's an Itchy & Scratchy movie that Bart gets banned from seeing? I had a pretty similar experience.

I wanted to see a popular children's movie, that, like Itchy & Scratchy, came based off the success of the tv show. I also wasn't able to see this movie. You see, I had cousins who wanted to see it because they used to watch the tv show too, but weren't allowed to see the movie because it was PG, and they were under 8 and had no parent available to be in there with them.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113820/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Oh yeah.

This entire movie was filmed right here in Australia, mainly in Sydney, which I found odd as the entire show was filmed in California. However the thing is like the TV show, the movie was set in Angel Grove (a fictional city), yet they show iconic landmarks such as the Harbor Bridge and Opera House, and Centrepoint Tower (which is also used as a weapon in the final fight scene between giant monsters). Yes our cities famous skyline is also visible just as it was in the 1990s. Even the QVB is show... and our iconic monorail also plays a big part in this movie as does the Chinese Garden and the McDonalds in Darling Harbour (although it is shown as being Ernie's juice bar). We also see the area around Cockle Bay.

A lot of things are not the same today though which pisses me off. I can live with additional Skyscrapers going up around our city, but the Monorail is gone (and as this was a big part of the movie, I find it VERY annoying that it's gone), George Street does not look the same due to the lightrail project, and the area around Cockle Bay is also different. Circular Quay which was shown a bit is fine as it's still the same.

And my I just say my first ever celebrity crush, Amy Jo Johnson, looked absolutely DEVINE sporting the pink mini shorts and crop top :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

I can't believe that honey is 48 this year :hushed: she still looks the same as she did in the show.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok, now I know I might get flamed for this, but you know what? I DON'T CARE!!!

You know that episode of The Simpsons where there's an Itchy & Scratchy movie that Bart gets banned from seeing? I had a pretty similar experience.

I wanted to see a popular children's movie, that, like Itchy & Scratchy, came based off the success of the tv show. I also wasn't able to see this movie. You see, I had cousins who wanted to see it because they used to watch the tv show too, but weren't allowed to see the movie because it was PG, and they were under 8 and had no parent available to be in there with them.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113820/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Oh yeah.

This entire movie was filmed right here in Australia, mainly in Sydney, which I found odd as the entire show was filmed in California. However the thing is like the TV show, the movie was set in Angel Grove (a fictional city), yet they show iconic landmarks such as the Harbor Bridge and Opera House, and Centrepoint Tower (which is also used as a weapon in the final fight scene between giant monsters). Yes our cities famous skyline is also visible just as it was in the 1990s. Even the QVB is show... and our iconic monorail also plays a big part in this movie as does the Chinese Garden and the McDonalds in Darling Harbour (although it is shown as being Ernie's juice bar). We also see the area around Cockle Bay.

A lot of things are not the same today though which pisses me off. I can live with additional Skyscrapers going up around our city, but the Monorail is gone (and as this was a big part of the movie, I find it VERY annoying that it's gone), George Street does not look the same due to the lightrail project, and the area around Cockle Bay is also different. Circular Quay which was shown a bit is fine as it's still the same.

And my I just say my first ever celebrity crush, Amy Jo Johnson, looked absolutely DEVINE sporting the pink mini shorts and crop top :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

I can't believe that honey is 48 this year :hushed: she still looks the same as she did in the show.

You shouldn't be gushing over a women that is married and has a child should you? :laughing::laughing:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not much better here. It was $15.50 each for popcorn and frozen coke. We ended up going down to KFC and grabbing Chicken nuggets and frozen pepsi.
You should see the amount of popcorn rats get into in theaters .on another note shine your torch on a seat before you sit down the amount of mold sticky shit , hair , spilt drinks chewy and fuck knows what else is stuck to seats is disturbing.

Wahesh

Reaction score
You should see the amount of popcorn rats get into in theaters .on another note shine your torch on a seat before you sit down the amount of mold sticky shit , hair , spilt drinks chewy and fuck knows what else is stuck to seats is disturbing.
I usually do that. In fact I usually sit into the seat next to the one I'm booked in just to warm it up for someone who has it actually bought it... then I shift over thinking I was in my actual one. 9/10 times I'm sitting in the seat of a hot chick, and it's a good way to start a conversation with her :tearsofjoy:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I usually do that. In fact I usually sit into the seat next to the one I'm booked in just to warm it up for someone who has it actually bought it... then I shift over thinking I was in my actual one. 9/10 times I'm sitting in the seat of a hot chick, and it's a good way to start a conversation with her :tearsofjoy:
Id be taking a glen 20 and spraying the fuck out of them they are a cess pit

Wahesh

Reaction score
Id be taking a glen 20 and spraying the fuck out of them they are a cess pit
Generally speaking the gold class ones are ok as they are not filled with dirty, scum, peasant movie-goers who are on the doll and can't afford them.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Most cinemas I go to now days are fully lit until the movie comes on. It's just the dark cinemas I wouldn't trust.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched The Foreigner with Jackie Chan and Pearce Brosnan.

Quite an excellent movie. It's similar to Law Abiding Citizen and several other movies with the whole tale of revenge thing but set in London and based heavily around the IRA. It's based on the novel "The Chinaman" by Stephen Leather.

Jackie Chan's performance is brilliant playing a man who basically has nothing left to live for, playing a much darker, more series role than he usually plays. And the movie is a lot deeper than I expected it to be going into the different levels of morality the characters have on what they consider to be justified use of violence. Highly recommend it if you like action movies and spy movies.

9/10

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched The Foreigner with Jackie Chan and Pearce Brosnan.

Quite an excellent movie. It's similar to Law Abiding Citizen and several other movies with the whole tale of revenge thing but set in London and based heavily around the IRA. It's based on the novel "The Chinaman" by Stephen Leather.

Jackie Chan's performance is brilliant playing a man who basically has nothing left to live for, playing a much darker, more series role than he usually plays. And the movie is a lot deeper than I expected it to be going into the different levels of morality the characters have on what they consider to be justified use of violence. Highly recommend it if you like action movies and spy movies.

9/10
The Chinaman would be in my top 5 favourite books if all time, and my favourite by Leather (and I've read a lot of his stuff).

So was thinking of seeing the film.

Did you see it at the cinemas or is it already on streaming etc?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Chinaman would be in my top 5 favourite books if all time, and my favourite by Leather (and I've read a lot of his stuff).

So was thinking of seeing the film.

Did you see it at the cinemas or is it already on streaming etc?
Let's just say that I "streamed" it