Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The Fate of The Furious - watched it last night with the sound bar turned up. The first race scene nearly blew me off the couch.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching Jack Reacher 2: Never Reach Back or Around. I put it off for a long time 'cause I didn't really enjoy the first movie. It as ok but not great.

The second movie I loved. It was probably 'cause I went in with low expectations but I really enjoyed it. Lots of action, a little bit of the heart string tugging, interesting story.

Overall I'd give it an 8/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Finally got around to watching Jack Reacher 2: Never Reach Back or Around. I put it off for a long time 'cause I didn't really enjoy the first movie. It as ok but not great.

The second movie I loved. It was probably 'cause I went in with low expectations but I really enjoyed it. Lots of action, a little bit of the heart string tugging, interesting story.

Overall I'd give it an 8/10
I haven't watch a Tom Cruise Movie since Vanilla Sky. That shit sticks to you...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m never going to watch it hahaha just tell me
Ok. Spoiler alert for anyone who actually wants to watch this terrible movie....

So basically Tom Cruise's character is living a good life when he meets a chick and falls in love with her. But then his ex-girlfriend turns up, and his ex-girlfriend is a nut job and she dies and Tom Cruise gets blamed for her murder and it becomes a complete mess (I'm probably forgetting parts 'cause it was really terrible)

But as it turns out he was in an accident and was badly disfigured and after that he tried to get his face fixed but they couldn't so be be to this place called Vanilla Sky that puts you in an induced coma but gives you dreams of your life. Turns out the woman he met and fell in love with was just a woman he met once then he had the accident and basically the whole thing was a dream and I can't remember much else but it was horrible.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok. Spoiler alert for anyone who actually wants to watch this terrible movie....

So basically Tom Cruise's character is living a good life when he meets a chick and falls in love with her. But then his ex-girlfriend turns up, and his ex-girlfriend is a nut job and she dies and Tom Cruise gets blamed for her murder and it becomes a complete mess (I'm probably forgetting parts 'cause it was really terrible)

But as it turns out he was in an accident and was badly disfigured and after that he tried to get his face fixed but they couldn't so be be to this place called Vanilla Sky that puts you in an induced coma but gives you dreams of your life. Turns out the woman he met and fell in love with was just a woman he met once then he had the accident and basically the whole thing was a dream and I can't remember much else but it was horrible.
Oh wow fuck that lol. It’s one of those things that sounds decent in theory but yeah no thanks hahaha

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Realist90

I watched the Cloverfield Paradox last night.

I actually enjoyed it. It's not a great movie but it's an enjoyable scifi that doesn't take itself too seriously. I think that was one of the key problems people hated. It has these dead serious undertones but also throws in random comedy and things that make no logical sense at all but are just there for humour value. I enjoyed it as it really breaks up the drama.

It also helps explain how the monsters came to be in the other movies.

It's very reminiscent of Event Horizon which was one of my favourite movies growing up. This is definitely less gory and less full on than Event Horizon but has a similar premise.

The more I think about the movie the more I want to watch it again.

I'd give it a 7.5/10
I too loved Event Horizon and this scene always made me laugh.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Is it as bad as they say? What’s it even about?

Yeah that's basically it. This was back in 2000 mind you where getting access to movie reviews wasn't as easy as it is today (simply pull your phone out and you'll find 1000 reviews on anything).

That was by far the worst movie I have ever seen at the cinemas.

It was the only movie that I left with a lower IQ than what I entered with.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Papa Het , not sure if you have seen this:

Metallica's James Hetfield To Star In Ted Bundy Biopic
Looking forward to this one.

Cassie Walker

1 day ago
Image: James Hetfield, www.facebook.com/Metallica

It's just been announced that Metallica's James Hetfield has landed his first serious acting role.

The metal singer has been cast in the biopic on Ted Bundy, Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile.

Hetfield will play the role of Officer Bob Hayward, joining Zac Efron, Jim Parsons and John Malkovich in the highly anticipated biopic.

The biopic is directed by Joe Berlinger, who is responsible for the Metallica doco, Some Kind of Monster.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Papa Het , not sure if you have seen this:

Metallica's James Hetfield To Star In Ted Bundy Biopic
Looking forward to this one.

Cassie Walker

1 day ago
Image: James Hetfield, www.facebook.com/Metallica

It's just been announced that Metallica's James Hetfield has landed his first serious acting role.

The metal singer has been cast in the biopic on Ted Bundy, Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile.

Hetfield will play the role of Officer Bob Hayward, joining Zac Efron, Jim Parsons and John Malkovich in the highly anticipated biopic.

The biopic is directed by Joe Berlinger, who is responsible for the Metallica doco, Some Kind of Monster.
Wow
Cheers mate
I'll have to keep an eye out for that

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Discussion:

What is your favorite type of movie? I am not talking about genre, but more so theme.

IE - time travel, zombies, war-movie, post-apocalyptic etc...

I love time travel movies (grew up addicted to B2F series) - but find that not many other movies do it justice.

For every back to the future, there is a "Time machine" (With Guy Pearce).

Although you get surprised some times - if you can stand handycam movies, project almanac was pretty good (named after the magazine in B2F).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Discussion:

What is your favorite type of movie? I am not talking about genre, but more so theme.

I love time travel movies (grew up addicted to B2F series) - but find that not many other movies do it justice.

Although you get surprised some times - if you can stand handycam movies, project almanac was pretty good (named after the magazine in B2F).
I agree with this. Time travel movies are my favorite. That or far out there sci-fi movies with alien worlds and shit.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Discussion:

I like movies were the delivery guy or the tradesmen turn up to the house but don't end up doing what their job entails them to do...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching Bright. Not sure why the reviewers hated it so much but I loved it. Was one of the better movies I've seen lately.