Movie Discussion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So what you’re saying is, if trump wants to build a wall he is racist but if black person wants a wall it’s acceptable?
Nah. The blacks built the wall but the movie sells it off as pretty unacceptable.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The politics of Black Panther is kind of confusing. It's also an overrated movie. It's a good movie but it's not as good as everyone is making it out to be.

The really weird thing is that the Wakandans (Black Panther's people) are generally very racist and segregated. They refuse to help anyone who isn't their own people. The main bad guy is trying to help all black people, but he's also rather racist against non-blacks.

It is political though. Several times in the movie they reference that all black people in the world are constantly being oppressed every day. But the movie comes across more like it's trying to explain that white people aren't the only racist people and black people can be racist too. I thought that part was really well done. It also shows the greed of the Wakandans. They're rich, have all this advanced technology and effectively live in paradise, but they refuse to share it with anyone else and refuse to help people who need it which turns many of them into the bad guys. It's not a clear black and white, good and evil thing.
Watched it last night. Pretty much agree with what you said. Although I found that the movie indirectly was suggesting it is ok for blacks to be racist which is inline with the politics in the movie obviously left in approach, and I gotta sayi felt like at the end, Black Panther actually agreed with the sympathsized villain but just disagreed with killing every white and their children but agreed essentially that all whites are evil colonisers lol.
The feminism was a tad over done, I mean black panther didn’t need his x and the female general at South Korea lol or anywhere, I really don’t like this new thing in movies where they don’t like to show how one guy is superior to the rest there has to be some form of equality in prowess lol.
And don’t get me started on the husband and wife part lol fkn cringe.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Unfinished Business (2015) with Vince Vaughn.

For a movie that's meant to be an adult comedy, I didn't laugh once. In fact I fell asleep halfway through. When I fell asleep they were in Maine. When I woke up, they were in Germany, and I have no fkn idea how they got there, or why the story ended up there.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2358925/?ref_=nv_sr_2

5/10 (that's being very generous).

Wahesh

Reaction score
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0145660/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Not a bad flick. Very huge amount of similarities between this and the first one. This is the first time I watched the entire movie. I must say, Elizabeth Hurley :hearteyes: and Heather Graham :hearteyes::hearteyes: were both in their prime when filming this movie :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking forward to Tomb Raider.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Looking forward to Tomb Raider.
Do you find that the Swedish English accent can easily get confused for the British English accent? I have, many times. That's why I'm looking forward to hearing what Alicia Vikander sounds like in this film.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you find that the Swedish English accent can easily get confused for the British English accent? I have, many times. That's why I'm looking forward to hearing what Alicia Vikander sounds like in this film.
My concern is that it won't be close enough to the 2013 remake of the game. The movie is obviously using the game as a basis as they have many scenes from the game in trailer but the best part about the 2013 game was that she wasn't this big hero. She was just a rich girl archaeologist who became stranded on a dangerous island and had to learn to survive. From what I've seen of the trailers it looks like she's already a kick ass chick more reminiscent of Angelina Jolie's Tomb Raider but a bit more realistic.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yeah I think this one might fail but might as well watch it. It's available in VMax this entire weekend.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My concern is that it won't be close enough to the 2013 remake of the game. The movie is obviously using the game as a basis as they have many scenes from the game in trailer but the best part about the 2013 game was that she wasn't this big hero. She was just a rich girl archaeologist who became stranded on a dangerous island and had to learn to survive. From what I've seen of the trailers it looks like she's already a kick ass chick more reminiscent of Angelina Jolie's Tomb Raider but a bit more realistic.
The game was done well coz she was just this vulnerable girl that learnt to survive through instincts. It would have been good if the movie emphasised that point more than the game, coz in the game after her first kill and cry she’s already killing 20 men lol. But it’s a game they don’t have time to flesh it out like that but the movie could have done that part really well but yeah for obvious reasons the movie didn’t go down that route lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The game was done well coz she was just this vulnerable girl that learnt to survive through instincts. It would have been good if the movie emphasised that point more than the game, coz in the game after her first kill and cry she’s already killing 20 men lol. But it’s a game they don’t have time to flesh it out like that but the movie could have done that part really well but yeah for obvious reasons the movie didn’t go down that route lol
Yep. It made little sense in the game but that's 'cause it's a game. It's like getting shot 100 times then using a single bandage to get you back to 100%.

The movie looks like she's already going to be a kick arse warrior when she gets to the island. That takes a bit away from the story.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. It made little sense in the game but that's 'cause it's a game. It's like getting shot 100 times then using a single bandage to get you back to 100%.

The movie looks like she's already going to be a kick arse warrior when she gets to the island. That takes a bit away from the story.
Exactly hahaha and plus the lack of disinfecting said area haha.

But I think I would have been more emotionally connected to the movie if we saw a vulnerable female that has the will to survive and out of pure survival instincts survives and takes her first life and shows the impact it would have on a person not just coz she’s female a male as well would have taking their first human life. But I didn’t expect Hollywood to go that direction especially in a time of metoo and timesup lol

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon they should have just gotten Camilla Luddington to play Lara Croft seeing as she did the voice acting, motion capture and her likeness for the last 2 Tomb Raider games. She is an actress also, could kept the vibe of the games going into the movie.

Wahesh

Reaction score
My personal favorite is Alison Carroll. She was the model and motion actress for Underworld. An unbelievable beautiful pom as well.

klhkjf.jpg
tomb-raider-lara-croft-alison-carroll-wallpaper-10759.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
women-guns-alison-carroll-lara-croft-brunettes.jpg
Alison_Carroll_3.jpg

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reviews of Tomb Raider seem to be mixed. One odd thing I noticed though is that every bad review of Tomb Raider starts by saying that no one cares about Tomb Raider and that they shouldn't make Tomb Raider movies. Reading these reviews seems to tell me that these reviewers don't even know of the existence of the recent Tomb Raider remake games.

Reading the reviews it sounds like they've replicated much of the first remake game down to the Japanese spirits and even her first reluctant kill. I'm still looking forward to it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Reviews of Tomb Raider seem to be mixed. One odd thing I noticed though is that every bad review of Tomb Raider starts by saying that no one cares about Tomb Raider and that they shouldn't make Tomb Raider movies. Reading these reviews seems to tell me that these reviewers don't even know of the existence of the recent Tomb Raider remake games.

Reading the reviews it sounds like they've replicated much of the first remake game down to the Japanese spirits and even her first reluctant kill. I'm still looking forward to it.
When are you thinking of watching it?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When are you thinking of watching it?
Not sure yet. Was going to watch it tonight but something else came up so will probably catch it on Sunday or Monday.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Not sure yet. Was going to watch it tonight but something else came up so will probably catch it on Sunday or Monday.
Cool. I'll probably go next weekend. Looking forward to your review though.