Movie Discussion

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What do you think guys? I’m a bit skeptical Very hard to do a Han Solo film without Harrison Ford..

Ps. Just a note Ehrenreich is 28..Ford was 33 when he played Solo..not much difference.. The film is set 10 years before A New Hope..
I don't think they'll be able to do his character justice at this point in time without people complaining he's not PC. I may watch the movie, but I doubt they'll represent the character very well. The whole star wars franchise is looking a bit sketchy to me these days. The original movies had good storyline backed by cutting edge special affects and decent acting. These new movies seem to lack storyline to me.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think they'll be able to do his character justice at this point in time without people complaining he's not PC. I may watch the movie, but I doubt they'll represent the character very well. The whole star wars franchise is looking a bit sketchy to me these days. The original movies had good storyline backed by cutting edge special affects and decent acting. These new movies seem to lack storyline to me.
F95E296F-3FB4-4344-826E-08FEB786E7ED.jpeg

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Realist90

I watched the Cloverfield Paradox last night.

I actually enjoyed it. It's not a great movie but it's an enjoyable scifi that doesn't take itself too seriously. I think that was one of the key problems people hated. It has these dead serious undertones but also throws in random comedy and things that make no logical sense at all but are just there for humour value. I enjoyed it as it really breaks up the drama.

It also helps explain how the monsters came to be in the other movies.

It's very reminiscent of Event Horizon which was one of my favourite movies growing up. This is definitely less gory and less full on than Event Horizon but has a similar premise.

The more I think about the movie the more I want to watch it again.

I'd give it a 7.5/10

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Realist90

I watched the Cloverfield Paradox last night.

I actually enjoyed it. It's not a great movie but it's an enjoyable scifi that doesn't take itself too seriously. I think that was one of the key problems people hated. It has these dead serious undertones but also throws in random comedy and things that make no logical sense at all but are just there for humour value. I enjoyed it as it really breaks up the drama.

It also helps explain how the monsters came to be in the other movies.

It's very reminiscent of Event Horizon which was one of my favourite movies growing up. This is definitely less gory and less full on than Event Horizon but has a similar premise.

The more I think about the movie the more I want to watch it again.

I'd give it a 7.5/10
i will be sure to watch it then, i love re-watchable movies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i will be sure to watch it then, i love re-watchable movies.
Without spoiling anything I will say this. Pay close attention to what random characters say in the movie. It surprised me talking to people who've watched the movie. Most people didn't pick up on what the overall point of the movie was and how it links up the other Cloverfield movies in a strong way. Which isn't surprising considering that the link is only really hinted in a small part very early in the film in a brief interview.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Without spoiling anything I will say this. Pay close attention to what random characters say in the movie. It surprised me talking to people who've watched the movie. Most people didn't pick up on what the overall point of the movie was and how it links up the other Cloverfield movies in a strong way. Which isn't surprising considering that the link is only really hinted in a small part very early in the film in a brief interview.
I love small hints coz when you notice them and no one else does you start believing you’re the chosen one haha thinking there’s suddenly a purpose in your life hahah

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The exorcist is very re watchable the crucifix scene never gets old
You watched the TV series?

Good series, but the funniest thing about it is the fact that Alan Ruck looks like an old lady.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Coz I know demon possession is a real thing I’d rather not watch that shit lol
@south of heaven I was standing on my tilt table one day watching The Exorcist.. When it came to the scene where the priests chant..’The Power of Christ compels you!’ at Regan..the shelf attached to my hoist that is placed across me..with my iPad and iPhone that I interact with..spontaneously burst off the hoist falling to the ground.. Even as a non-religious person it freaked the shit out of me!!!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@south of heaven I was standing on my tilt table one day watching The Exorcist.. When it came to the scene where the priests chant..’The Power of Christ compels you!’ at Regan..the shelf attached to my hoist that is placed across me..with my iPad and iPhone that I interact with..spontaneously burst off the hoist falling to the ground.. Even as a non-religious person it freaked the shit out of me!!!
Can you fuck off.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you fuck off.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha...I guess I had that coming! But it still gives me goosebumps..that shelf rarely comes of..rarely..only when not put on properly..it WAS put on properly that day..FREAKY!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ha ha ha ha ha ha...I guess I had that coming! But it still gives me goosebumps..that shelf rarely comes of..rarely..only when not put on properly..it WAS put on properly that day..FREAKY!
Since you want to continue! Its off***** not of learn the difference you can’t just call something racist if you think it’s racist.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Since you want to continue! Its off***** not of learn the difference you can’t just call something racist if you think it’s racist.
I have no idea what you are talking about..but it sounds funny! Lol!