Mick Potter

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL everyone blowing there load because we are scoring a few more tries.
It is easy to be more potent in attack when you save your energy for it.
Why waste energy tackling and defending when you can save it for your attack and fool fans.
Its so easy to see what is going on.
The team is going backwards fast.
Reality is going to hit a few fans hard when we play the Eels next week.
They will put 40+ on us.
The team is going backwards faster than under Barrett
Is that you Des?

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL everyone blowing there load because we are scoring a few more tries.
It is easy to be more potent in attack when you save your energy for it.
Why waste energy tackling and defending when you can save it for your attack and fool fans.
Its so easy to see what is going on.
The team is going backwards fast.
Reality is going to hit a few fans hard when we play the Eels next week.
They will put 40+ on us.
The team is going backwards faster than under Barrett
Remember last year my friend, 66 - 0 to Manly.
Baz was a dud. There is a reason why Brown slapped him all those years ago.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was also the defensive coach when Barrett was around.
It has gotten worse.
We leaked 30+ to the Tigers on a wet night and to the dragons.
Its as if Potter has said, just go out, enjoy yourself, throw the ball around and have a good time.
Dont worry about working hard and trying to get a win.
What an absolute dud
The Tigers game wasn't coached by Potter at all. He was technically interim coach during the match but the assistants coached that week. We sucked just fine without him.
Match fitness is a big issue. If you're not fit (and we're not), dialling up your attack means losing a little of your edge, defensively. You can see the lack of urgency.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can see why he was sacked from the Tigers and never got a 1st grade gig anywhere else.
I didn't think we could be worse with T Baz, but this is next level.
Has no fu#king clue what he is doing.
While our attack was ordinary, our D was semi decent under Barrett, what has happened to it?
Give him a break, he’s taken over an unfit squad, devoid of basic skills and common sense, save for maybe 4 or 5 players.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give him a break, he’s taken over an unfit squad, devoid of basic skills and common sense, save for maybe 4 or 5 players.
So how did the D become worse?
Systems in D were already in place and since Potter took over it has taken a massive dive starting from a low base

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s been given a hospital pass

This isn’t his team

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hes improved the attack. Defence is going to be something for the new coach to work on big time.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potter wont be our permanent coach & Barrett left the joint in a huge mess. Despite Barrett being touted as an attacking genius we have scored more points under the interim coach so I guess that's an improvement. Our squad is essentially a lifeless horse outside of 3 legitimate 1st graders.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their style and results has nothing to do with mick potter. They are used to losing they aren’t fit, they aren’t learning new styles, they are stuck in a rut and it’s ain’t getting better anytime soon. This team is the worst I’ve seen in my 40 years of life

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So how did the D become worse?
Systems in D were already in place and since Potter took over it has taken a massive dive starting from a low base
Perhaps the ones that have been told to take a hike have dropped their collective bundles, perhaps they have stopped listening to Furner, perhaps their lack of conditioning is catching up with them as the season progresses, missing Thompson and TPJ hurts us when we have to bring in lesser players, perhaps getting smashed by the media and fans week in week out is wearing the group down, perhaps the uncertainty around who is going to be the new coach and support staff is going to be is having an effect.

Take you pick. There are a lot of reasons why their “attitude” leading to poor defence appears to be slipping. None of it is a excusable. It is what it is.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How any fan could have a dig at potter is beyond me. The bloke was retired 2 weeks ago and did the right thing by the club to help us out. Anyone expecting him to be able to turn us around in less than a month needs an uppercut

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their style and results has nothing to do with mick potter. They are used to losing they aren’t fit, they aren’t learning new styles, they are stuck in a rut and it’s ain’t getting better anytime soon. This team is the worst I’ve seen in my 40 years of life
I agreed with most of what you’ve said except that last part.

I’ve been following the Berries / Dogs since the late 70’s and I can remember when we won our first premiership in 38 years, that was 1980. One of the happiest moments for any Bulldog fan at the time. We’ve won multiple titles since then. Our next opponents, the Eels haven’t won a premiership since 1986!

Point is except the goods times with the bad. We will come good and I see many positives moving forward. The game these days is a lot faster and extremely professional. Sometimes you have to credit to the opposition and hopefully work towards stringing a few wins together.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Am amazed people questioning Potter. Not saying he's the answer, but what did we really all expect.

Any coach has to come in and give the current team / squad some time to prove their worth. Only then can he truly start making the big changes, and he's started doing that.

Inherited an absolutely shocking 1st team. No fullback. No half. No hooker. Forwards give nothing. Big $ signings playing below level.

He was on a hiding to nothing.

At the end of the day, those big $ have improved massively it seems especially based on today's performance. He made some big calls with Dufty dropped. But, there are so many plodders on this team that there's only so much he can do.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potter is doing his best he needs a hall pass for the rest of the year last 3 games we had a chance to win but stupid mistakes by players have cost us any chance to win

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How any fan could have a dig at potter is beyond me. The bloke was retired 2 weeks ago and did the right thing by the club to help us out. Anyone expecting him to be able to turn us around in less than a month needs an uppercut
Barrett and his motley crew had their fucking hands all over this team for 18+ months and people want Potter to turn it around in 2 weeks. For fuck sake.