Mick Potter

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I’ve seen it all after people on this forum writing off JAC and Burton based on one bad game last week.

Then this thread comes out bagging an interim coach who’s been in the role for 2 weeks.

What do you expect Potter to do in 2 weeks? He’s not Harry Potter, he can’t just magic up a first grade team out of nowhere.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can see why he was sacked from the Tigers and never got a 1st grade gig anywhere else.
I didn't think we could be worse with T Baz, but this is next level.
Has no fu#king clue what he is doing.
While our attack was ordinary, our D was semi decent under Barrett, what has happened to it?
It’s got nothing to do with Potter mate. Our D looked good at the beginning because the team had high hopes of doing something this year and started the season with a good attitude. By the time Barrett left the damage was done, players starting to get tapped on the shoulder, players knowing finals footy is out of reach, playing each week with no results is naturally going to erode and weaken the attitude. How do you expect them to give a shit and fight for those effort plays in defense when half the players know they’re out the door. I can tell you one thing though, Barrett couldn’t crack the 16 point mark all year, Under Potter we’re averaging 20 points a game in his first 3 weeks.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We dont have the cattle.. coaches aside we have like 5 first graders at most and 12 reserve graders in our 17..

Our best players can do somthing useful At NRL level.. the rest cannot as they belong in reserve grade..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can see why he was sacked from the Tigers and never got a 1st grade gig anywhere else.
I didn't think we could be worse with T Baz, but this is next level.
Has no fu#king clue what he is doing.
While our attack was ordinary, our D was semi decent under Barrett, what has happened to it?
He’s an improvement on TBaz for sure. My only criticism is first half performances… the team seems to respond after a half-time dressing down.

I think if we have TPJ available last night & Vs Dragons, we go close to winning both games.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Give him a break, he’s taken over an unfit squad, devoid of basic skills and common sense, save for maybe 4 or 5 players.
Adding they are far removed from being a motivated group. Their permanent coach walked, surrendered at their uselessness and most have since secured contracts elsewhere or are being moved on… the bloke is working with limitations

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We dont have the cattle.. coaches aside we have like 5 first graders at most and 12 reserve graders in our 17..

Our best players can do somthing useful At NRL level.. the rest cannot as they belong in reserve grade..
You do not need cattle for D
As the late great Steve Folkes often used to say, professional players know how to tackle, its whether they want to do it.
Defense is all about attitude.
I never liked Baz and thought he had no business being a 1st grade coach.
The attack was awful 90% of the time, but the D was semi decent, we gave up just over 20 points a game with him.
I was never expecting him to come in and be a miracle worker, i was expecting at least the D to stay the same especially against a woeful tigers team missing Brookes and a stack of other injuries.
We also conceded 30+ to the Dragons and now 30 to the Panthers.
You want to see at least a little improvement.
The D has taken a total dive under him.
Lets see what happens next week when Gutho, Moses, Brown and Mahoney play us on a dry track.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TBH, Baz copped it hard but the players are fuckin useless. Seriously only three or four are first grade standard
It’s amazing these blokes get paid as professional athletes yet they are so far of the pace compared to even the average team. Then you realise they get paid the same and it’s vomit worthy

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to coach a team full of garbage. Bellyache and skeletor are probably the only two that could get something out of these shitbags.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potter doing well.. fuck furner off . Defence is shit. Our team plays like a titans team . No mental strength

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am gonna pinpoint something for you all . We have hardly had any sessions under Potter since he took over. First week they trained once due to the flu. This week Gus confirmed we only got one session in due to short turn around. So on that basis Potter has probably had about 5 sessions total with the team . So his influence will have been very minimal to date and it's hard to undo the damage that has been created the last 3 seasons in 5 sessions . I really like some of the changes though to our attack . Ie no more Jackson at first reciever. He had the balls to punt Dufty and put Avo there. These are positives . Frankly we scored enough points in all 3 games under Potter to win the games.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am gonna pinpoint something for you all . We have hardly had any sessions under Potter since he took over. First week they trained once due to the flu. This week Gus confirmed we only got one session in due to short turn around. So on that basis Potter has probably had about 5 sessions total with the team . So his influence will have been very minimal to date and it's hard to undo the damage that has been created the last 3 seasons in 5 sessions . I really like some of the changes though to our attack . Ie no more Jackson at first reciever. He had the balls to punt Dufty and put Avo there. These are positives . Frankly we scored enough points in all 3 games under Potter to win the games.
Absolutely 100% correct!
Some of the morons on this forum have no idea what it's like to coach or manage a team and have probably never played the game beyond junior level if that!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's all a bit sad really. We have had coaches like Dean Pay, Trent Barrett and now Michael Potter
who had to try and create something out of nothing. The nothing refers to the quality of players we have.
Until the playing stocks are bolstered, there will be no respite.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all a bit sad really. We have had coaches like Dean Pay, Trent Barrett and now Michael Potter
who had to try and create something out of nothing. The nothing refers to the quality of players we have.
Until the playing stocks are bolstered, there will be no respite.
And we replace Jackson as Capitan, the rot set in when he became skipper, he gives his all every game but he just isn't leadership material.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And we replace Jackson as Capitan, the rot set in when he became skipper, he gives his all every game but he just isn't leadership material.
And somehow we need to shed the "losing" mentality that affects this playing group.
Last night we played with a completion rate of 92%. That's a huge improvement.
Potter said he would work on eliminating the horrendous error rate. He seemingly has achieved that.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Potter doing well.. fuck furner off . Defence is shit. Our team plays like a titans team . No mental strength
Spot on but Titans look better in attack than we do. Letting go of Fogarty hurt them badly… they used to be that team that thinks “let in 30 points, but score 32”

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In the last game the stats were :- 55% Possession. 92% Completion. Missed fewer tackles.
More hit ups. More kick metres. Less errors. Less penalties. Somehow we still lost.
Maybe we need to think about winning. Sometimes it's a mental thing.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the last game the stats were :- 55% Possession. 92% Completion. Missed fewer tackles.
More hit ups. More kick metres. Less errors. Less penalties. Somehow we still lost.
Maybe we need to think about winning. Sometimes it's a mental thing.
Our attack is abysmal. We are easy to defend because we have a half back who offers nothing and a hooker who's service is trash. We can have 100% and 60% possession and still lose

Last edited: