Michael Lichaa DV charge and current Bulldog not of interest to Police.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
If this team is going to be built on trust Elliot sure has shown he doesn’t have much of it. I wonder what the rest of the players are thinking right now??![/QUOTE]

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If this team is going to be built on trust Elliot sure has shown he doesn’t have much of it. I wonder what the rest of the players are thinking right now??!
[/QUOTE]
I’m sure there fine.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wen weren’t you defending CHN and Okunbor and criticising the club for not being more supportive of them 12 months ago when they actually broke a club rule and caused a media shitstorm for the club? I mean they actually did donething the COC expressly forbade them from doing and the overriding narrative on here was boys will be boys. Elliott has broken no club rules at all. The club would have no right to parade him in front of a mob of journos. It just isn’t their business any more than it is the fans business.

As far as his “priors”. One took place in a team environment during a private function and there were team officials including our coach present to egg him on. The other took place over half a decade ago and involved a video being taken in a completely private environment.

I find the contrast between the way a lot of fans reacted to an actual breach of club policy by two players and the way they are reacting to a completely private matter involving Elliott to be pretty telling.
You write it’s a private function. But people’s opinions and money spent on sponsorship and merchandise. And let’s not forget sponsorship is based on what happens wrightly or wrongly on appearance. In a perfect world you write private life would be private. But today it’s splashed across multiple news platforms.
we can’t keep having this type things happen and survive. We need finances and good reputation to attract the write player talent and sponsorship
My opinion only

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Really. I live outside of Sydney, and see NRL players pissed all the time in my backyard. Why can’t a person drink as much as he wants? That’s pathetic, if someone isn’t breaking the law they can do as they pls. Its the club that runs the show, not the media. If a player is performing under his contract, and representing value, good luck to him.
Why are NRL players pissed in your backyard?!!!?

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If what was written was true and he cheated with he's mates Mrs its morally wrong , this happens a lot which is really sad but my concern is will he be right to play mentally and also hopefully hasn't disrupted the playing group.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spitting image of Barry ward steering the sword hard to tell though

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And they would stand him down for .... what?

Get that we're all angry at him for doing this but I still don't understand what we're actually punishing him for?

He had consensual sex with an 'of age' woman. If in fact he did have sex with her. He didn't do it during commitments or anything. It didn't apparently impact his training.

What are we punishing him for? Lieing about why he was injured?
We should stand him down just for being the biggest dope in bulldogs player history.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We should stand him down just for being the biggest dope in bulldogs player history.
Agree that he's a dope. A scumbag for what he did. No arguing from me there.

But still haven't been presented a legal reason as to why Elliot should be punished by the club for what he did. I don't think there is one. It's a personal matter, and no matter how pissed off everyone is about it there's absolutely nothign the club can do about it.

Reactions: J_B

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree that he's a dope. A scumbag for what he did. No arguing from me there.

But still haven't been presented a legal reason as to why Elliot should be punished by the club for what he did. I don't think there is one. It's a personal matter, and no matter how pissed off everyone is about it there's absolutely nothign the club can do about it.
Carney got sacked for the bubbler lol

Reactions: J_B

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Carney got sacked for the bubbler lol
While he was drunk in a public place? At a bar? And video evidence? After repeated warnings about his drinking?

Again I ask. What has Elliot done to warrant him being sacked? Or punished?

Don't get it personally. The guy is a **** but I'm honestly waiting for someone to tell me what code of conduct he broke apart from being an absolute **** to his own kid, Mrs, and his best friend.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
While he was drunk in a public place? At a bar? And video evidence? After repeated warnings about his drinking?

Again I ask. What has Elliot done to warrant him being sacked? Or punished?

Don't get it personally. The guy is a **** but I'm honestly waiting for someone to tell me what code of conduct he broke apart from being an absolute **** to his own kid, Mrs, and his best friend.
100% correct, not a sack able offence, his team mates will bring him into line

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well I direct you to my impassioned defence of him at MM.

He went thru a lot of humiliation with that and contrition.

He should have learnt a big lesson about consequences and not letting others down at our club.

As I said, happy to leave it with our Admin and Baz but how many of this pea brain incidents that cause collateral damage to the Bulldogs brand can we tolerate. I dont mean just him, its all players.

Bloody disappointed its so often all about the players indiscretions and sensationalist headlines, than real progress with player behaviour and game results and success.
If real progress isn't being made with players behaviour, shouldn't we also be looking at the club and how they're handling things? Clearly something isn't working here if repeated incidents occur, so something must be wrong at the club also.

He made a mistake Elliot. The guy is a dick, and personally I think he's too much trouble to have at the club.

But what he did was a private matter and I don't know how the club really can get invovled other than offering him counseling and trying to curb his distructive ways.