Michael Lichaa DV charge and current Bulldog not of interest to Police.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this thread still going? Lmfaoooo
I know right. I lost interest in this shit 24 hours ago. Initially I was pissed for a few hours but now I've moved on. I'm over Elliot - stay or go I don't really care anymore. I'm now focused on when Burton is getting an early release so we can hopefully make the 8 this year. Bring on March 12

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely this is media bs and not an official statement from the club.

Bulldogs source my foot! Surely not!

"But the Bulldogs look set to let the incident slide - unless the Integrity Unit rules otherwise.

"At the end of the day it wasn't something we condone but he (Elliott) didn't break any laws," a Bulldogs source told Wide World of Sports.

"Hopefully he learned a lesson from it - our attitude is that he just gets back to training and moves on.

"He won't be talking to the media or anything like that - that won't achieve anything.

"Unless the NRL decides otherwise, we will just try to forget about it."

I dont believe, for one minute, that our Board would speak in those terms regarding such a concerning, bad publicity moment for the club. Whilst the incident is not involving the club, or illegal, it does call into question our ethics with handling this frequently brain dead player who has a serious drinking problem.

Happy to leave it with the coach, players and club to decide but it better be dealt with professionally and with least impact on the club. He should come out and front the media like Pearce did, which will direct a lot of the attention back on him personally and not on our undeserving coach and club.
Had the exact same thoughts......they clearly made that shit up because no club official would make such insensitive remarks..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Had the exact same thoughts......they clearly made that shit up because no club official would make such insensitive remarks..
It sounds just crazy made up rubbish to put the club in the most unfavourable light, like they dont care about what players representing us get up to and our values are dont worry it will all blow over.

This is the sort of consequences that the players must have drummed thru their dense brains....that we get this kind of bs whenever the press can pin sheet on us for selfish actions that players get up to.

And unfortunately the players keep giving DT, Buzz and the other gossip hounds plenty of ammunition to use against us.

Something has to give, a circuit breaker, a scapegoat, who knows what bc we thought we had that in a new coach, better roster, new hope to rise above being a laughing stock. Now it looks shaky again thanks to more unwanted non football headlines.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whatever happened it would seem it was by consent. Doesn't particularly make it morally right. We don't even know if it was Elliott that instigated whatever happened. I've heard from others in here that Lichaa has hardly been the definition of a faithful boyfriend/fiancee over the years either. Maybe his partner was getting some revenge. We just don't know more than that Lichaas lawyer has said that kissing was the cause of Lichaa losing his shit. And drunks do tend to over react.

At the end of the day the biggest impact this will probably have on the team is that Elliott will probably miss out on invites to functions at team mates houses. Elliott will have to deal with his own pissed off partner. It's probably about as far as this needs to go. It's about as far as it would go at the club's of our competitors. Would assume it's the end of the friendship between him and Lichaa too.

IF there is one thing I've learnt from the media stories over the last ten years, it's that professional athletes do stupid things. But that's a human trait. I've done stupid things. I'm sure that the majority of people here have too. I'm in the fortunate situation that my mistakes don't get thrown into the public eye for thousands of people to scrutinise.

If the club chose to give him a start in round one, I'm just going to hope he plays well. I'd say that almost every player at every club has done regrettable things. I don't want our club to throw away any competitive advantage because a few fans are morally outraged. Simple as that. There's no trophy for the most morally superior club. If there was I'd happily forfeit it for the next fifty years to watch my team play finals football.

I draw a line at domestic violence, assault, rape, pedophilia and kicking puppies. Consensual sex between adults, kissing and touching don't cross that line for me even if it's not under the best moral circumstances.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We probably have signed superstars the last few days and we wouldn't know it. Elliot's Goo bazooka has distracted all of us.
Maybe we should start posting woman’s weekly articles in the bulldogs sections from now on... Fkn hell get over the shit ****

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know right. I lost interest in this shit 24 hours ago. Initially I was pissed for a few hours but now I've moved on. I'm over Elliot - stay or go I don't really care anymore. I'm now focused on when Burton is getting an early release so we can hopefully make the 8 this year. Bring on March 12
I only go on here to see if burton has signed I even check fb and Insta 19374728282 times per day lmao

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Since there are 2 threads on the same subject;
I've asked around and got a couple of responses so far, same response from both of them, the participants were very intoxicated, that there may have been kissing but no bonking. Elliott has explained to the players what happened and there seems to be acceptance. Since there is a court case to be resolved I won't expect to hear any more until that process is completed. They all seem to have moved on, even Lichaa.
Go Dogs

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs now must determine how to punish star Adam Elliott for alleged indiscretion

When the NRL Integrity Unit hands down its findings regarding Adam Elliott, the Bulldogs will enter a legal minefield over punishment.

Dean Ritchie and Paul Crawley

Canterbury is tiptoeing through a legal minefield as it tries to determine an appropriate punishment for Adam Elliott.
With the NRL expected to hand over the findings of the Integrity Unit’s investigation to the Bulldogs on Friday, the club has also sought legal advice in relation to whether it would be overstepping its legal jurisdiction by dishing out a fine as part of the penalty.

While there have been suggestions Elliott is facing a fine of up to $20,000 for his alleged involvement with ex-teammate Michael Lichaa’s partner, the club’s obvious concern relates to the fact Elliott was not charged by police and the alleged incident occurred on private property.

It certainly creates a moral dilemma for the game to also deal with.

There is little doubt the Bulldogs and the NRL will be accused of sweeping it under the carpet if Elliott escapes a significant fine given the public fallout and the damage this has again done to the club and game’s image.

The Bulldogs are also mindful that they have a duty of care to Elliott’s mental welfare as he comes to terms with the damage these allegations have done to his own relationship.

Privately he is being encouraged to publicly own up to his actions and seek professional help.

In 2018 Elliott pleaded guilty to charges of wilful and obscene exposure that occurred during Mad Monday celebrations at The Rocks.

The Bulldogs hope to make a decision within the next 24 hours and have been in constant dialogue with the NRL since the incident last weekend.

Elliott maintains strong support within the club and especially among the players, although he is expected to be stood down from the senior leadership group.

BULLDOGS WON’T BE RUSHED

Canterbury chairman John Koury said the club was still waiting for the NRL to complete its investigation before the Bulldogs can take the matter further.

Koury confirmed he had met with Elliott to offer some advice but at this stage was not in a position to offer any final judgment.

“We are still waiting for the NRL to come back to us,” Koury said in relation to what action the club might take.

“From there the club will go through its own internal review and we will respond when ready.

“That is really the truth of where we are up to.”

Where the big challenge is for the club relates to the fact the incident occurred in a private residence and Elliott has not been charged by police.

Depending on the outcome of the investigation the club would also be well within its rights to make Elliott accountable for the damage his alleged actions have done to the Bulldogs brand.

Elliott also has great support within the Canterbury playing squad as well as the supporter base with members and fans for the way he goes above and beyond his duties within the community and charity work.

But this is not the first time he’s also got himself and the club in strife for alcohol-related incidents following a previous drama when he was caught exposing himself at the 2018 Mad Monday celebrations.

Koury said the club would not rush its investigation although he was keen to get it completed as soon as possible, with a decision likely by Thursday.

The Elliott drama ensures Aaron Warburton will start as new Bulldogs CEO on Monday under difficult circumstances.