Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ennis is a pain in the arse. I mute the volume when he is talking, nobody else can get a say. As for Mbye he is over-rated and over-paid and should thank Dean Pay for moving him to full-back otherwise he would be playing park footy. Same with Sharon Woods, worth about half of what he is getting, he should have been leading our forwards with Klemmer and Jackson but you wouldn't have known he was on the field. A dead-set dud buy by Hasler and co.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You mean the guy that had two try assists for the titans on his debut for the tigers?

hahahahahaha

he can get stuffed

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought he was going alright for us this year. Probably not worth what he was on though, and overall was pretty meh for us for the time he had here.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye will never be a superstar. Just an overpaid utility.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye looked a lot better too this year. Fact is he is playing fullback in first grade for the first time. He’s also been moved around a hell of a lot and has never really been allowed to settle and find his natural position in first grade.

You’re all too harsh and when he does find his feet, you’ll all look a bit silly, IMO.
You've got to be kidding. He had a cherished run with us. Was given 50+ games in the #7 jersey alone and never delivered.

And unlike almost every other footballer, when he'd underperform for long enough in one position, we'd just hand him a new position to have a crack at to attempt to justify his massive salary. Eg. Hooker at the back end of last year, where his defence was not up to it and he lacked game awareness and vision.

So glad to be rid of him. All bark no bite

Malla

Reaction score
I generally believe that Ennis tries to be controversial at every opportunity because he knows it will be good for ratings. I don't think he himself believes half the shit that comes out of his mouth, but I gather that he understands that the more controversial and againts the grain his opinion is, the more people will tune in and/or listen.

In saying that, Mbye is a good player, nobody disputed that, but he is not worth what we were paying him and he will never be the best player on a team. He's probably a high middle-tier player. He made numerous mistakes against Souths but Souths were just due for a loss, nothing more. Let them bask in their 2 minutes of glory for now...it'll be hilarious next year when Reynolds is forced out because of the contract that Mbye is on.

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's a good player, that is all. Not worth the massive coin he was on here.
Good luck to him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding. He had a cherished run with us. Was given 50+ games in the #7 jersey alone and never delivered.

And unlike almost every other footballer, when he'd underperform for long enough in one position, we'd just hand him a new position to have a crack at to attempt to justify his massive salary. Eg. Hooker at the back end of last year, where his defence was not up to it and he lacked game awareness and vision.

So glad to be rid of him. All bark no bite
No, I’m not kidding. It doesn’t matter how many games he played at 7.... no player has looked great in the halves here during Des’ tenure. Use your brain and figure out the common denominator.

Mbye is rated by people in the line hot a reason. His biggest critics are angry, irrational and clueless.

Some of you wouldn’t know what natural ability and talent look like if you tripped over them, tbh.

The constant bagging and overly critical appraisal of him on here is fucking stupid.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I said at a very early stage that Mbye was a magnificent athlete. However, that athleticism didn't evolve into a magnificent footballer.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
No, I’m not kidding. It doesn’t matter how many games he played at 7.... no player has looked great in the halves here during Des’ tenure. Use your brain and figure out the common denominator.

Mbye is rated by people in the line hot a reason. His biggest critics are angry, irrational and clueless.

Some of you wouldn’t know what natural ability and talent look like if you tripped over them, tbh.

The constant bagging and overly critical appraisal of him on here is fucking stupid.
Ben Roberts was better than Mbye

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Inconsistent!! Is a very politically correct description of him but in real terms he was a lazy, cap wasting lying shit. Ur HEAR THAT Ennis?? I see our first fight coming on

But to all the Ennis haters out there .. you're wrong about him! he is not trying to rubbish the club he loves our club , he was the captain FFS!!! bled blue n white and sweated the same ,he is just as pissed off about the downfall of the doggies as anyone of us
Was waiting for this post lol

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Woods and mbye had to go time to move on to a brighter future hopefully

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

It’s the truth

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Delete thread or move to ‘Archives ‘ fk he ain’t a Bulldog anymore

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ben Roberts was better than Mbye
Which one had more better games for us? I'm finding it hard to think of too many games. Only one that I remember Robert's carved up the Broncos one game if I remember correctly.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It’s the truth
Lol... time will tell.

Roberts wasn’t too bad in 2009, but under Des he’d have been a total basket case.

Meyer will develop into a pretty damn good player in coming years. You’re all gonna look silly ;)

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Which one had more better games for us? I'm finding it hard to think of too many games. Only one that I remember Robert's carved up the Broncos one game if I remember correctly.
Your correct lol .

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Lol... time will tell.

Roberts wasn’t too bad in 2009, but under Des he’d have been a total basket case.

Meyer will develop into a pretty damn good player in coming years. You’re all gonna look silly ;)
Meyer???
Is he better than Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.