Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He is literally Ben Roberts 2.0

Blessed with speed and footwork, a sweet left foot kicker of the ball. Unfortunately zero game sense or ability to execute anything.

Die For The Badge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good luck to moses but he is not a dog anymore
He will do well with the media at the tigers as he will get more air time on TV

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Happy hes gone he had speed but no heart or footy iq

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sickening stuff watching him celebrate his gift try, lets see if we can shut them down this week.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, I’m not kidding. It doesn’t matter how many games he played at 7.... no player has looked great in the halves here during Des’ tenure. Use your brain and figure out the common denominator.

Mbye is rated by people in the line hot a reason. His biggest critics are angry, irrational and clueless.

Some of you wouldn’t know what natural ability and talent look like if you tripped over them, tbh.

The constant bagging and overly critical appraisal of him on here is fucking stupid.
Unfortunately he Never gave two shits about developing his game. Could wind up being brilliant but only if he finds the desire to be among the best rather than just having a salary package that leaves him earning close to it.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Every player we've let go, you would keep em all for the right money
Problem was he and others were on huge money and not worth it for there ability
Rumour is graham is on nearly 1 mil because of backended deal. No thanks
Mbye 800-900k no thanks
Woods 800 no thanks
Now if woods was 500 - 600 yes ya keep him
Mbye same
Etc
But not for money he was on, getting paid elite half money to play all over the shop....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone gets bent out of shape over the final year a player is on with back ended deals for eg eastwood allegedly $800k ish this year but its false economics as they took less in previous years so its the average over the full term is really what they are on

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Unfortunately he Never gave two shits about developing his game. Could wind up being brilliant but only if he finds the desire to be among the best rather than just having a salary package that leaves him earning close to it.
Lol ok coach.

How would you know? You’re just making assumptions based on your perception he didn’t reach his potential here and the fact he smiles a lot.

He seems well liked by past and present teammates. Maybe they know better than you armchair experts.

He showed plenty of signs of improvement and development this year alone. Reality check- being coached by a basket case will stunt any young player’s development.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Everyone gets bent out of shape over the final year a player is on with back ended deals for eg eastwood allegedly $800k ish this year but its false economics as they took less in previous years so its the average over the full term is really what they are on
All that really matters at a given time is how much money is being drained from our cap at that time. You've just described perfectly why backended deals fucking suck. I don't care that he isn't getting it every year, paying Eastwood 800k during any given year is a horrid idea.

Hasler fucking sucks and Dib is a numbskull. Both should be arrested for defacing a football team..

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just so it's clear, I wouldn't paying Mbye 800k-1m on his current output..................................But I'd rather that than pay Foran 1.2m on his :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope that Mbye plays better for the Bulldogs than he ever has. Hoping that he sets up a couple of tries for us.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol ok coach.

How would you know? You’re just making assumptions based on your perception he didn’t reach his potential here and the fact he smiles a lot.

He seems well liked by past and present teammates. Maybe they know better than you armchair experts.

He showed plenty of signs of improvement and development this year alone. Reality check- being coached by a basket case will stunt any young player’s development.
The thing is he was among our quickest most elusive players and he rarely showed up in support play. It was watching as our big boppers kept chasing on line breaks while he was usually pretty quick to stop chasing when he had the best chance to catch the player. I was never denying he has ability, but in all the many times I've watched him play he's never looked like he's trying to inject himself into the game. It just seems like he doesn't really care to me

I know he showed his best football at fullback this year. But I still think he's on far more than he deserves to be earning. While his pay cheque isn't his fault, I would have liked to see him looking like he was showing more effort during his time with the club. It just seemed to me like he pretty much just showed up to earn close to a top dollar salary. You are welcome to blame his lack of development on Hasler, but time will tell if he will do better ar Wests. I personally don't think he'll shine until he has to renew interest in himself as his contract winds down.

Status
Not open for further replies.