Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The thing is he was among our quickest most elusive players and he rarely showed up in support play. It was watching as our big boppers kept chasing on line breaks while he was usually pretty quick to stop chasing when he had the best chance to catch the player. I was never denying he has ability, but in all the many times I've watched him play he's never looked like he's trying to inject himself into the game. It just seems like he doesn't really care to me

I know he showed his best football at fullback this year. But I still think he's on far more than he deserves to be earning. While his pay cheque isn't his fault, I would have liked to see him looking like he was showing more effort during his time with the club. It just seemed to me like he pretty much just showed up to earn close to a top dollar salary. You are welcome to blame his lack of development on Hasler, but time will tell if he will do better ar Wests. I personally don't think he'll shine until he has to renew interest in himself as his contract winds down.
You act like he’s the only player who has been lacking in his support game. We haven’t had a consistently good support player in many years....and when it’s a problem that is evident throughout the team, you’re damn right I blame Des.

You’re entitled to your opinion...but I really think people are judging him on a perception.. basically writing him off because he smiles a lot.

Some players are more motivated than others, no doubt...but at the end of the day, if a player is not putting in, it again falls in the coach to motivate them....or threaten to stop them if need be.

He had a lot of other shot to focus on this year and I did see his support post start to improve as the season went on. I’d give him longer under a decent coach before writing him off as lazy. If he’s lazy, we’re in trouble. He was one of our most involved backs this year prior to his departure.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just so it's clear, I wouldn't paying Mbye 800k-1m on his current output..................................But I'd rather that than pay Foran 1.2m on his :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Yeah but we wouldnt have foran as our AV

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I doubt it. The board would have identified Mbye’s talent.... as most knowledgeable analysts of the game do. Mbye is no dud. He was let go because we have been dug into a massive hole, they needed cap space and knew they’d not be able to get rid of the biggest problem on our roster; Kieran Foran....not because he was unwanted IMHO.

Most analysts and experts in the game rate Mbye for a reason and I doubt the club round be happy to let him go and to also pay a fraction of his salary. There wasn’t much choice but yo let he and woods go imo.... I’d bet good money the club would have let Foran go and retained the younger player with so much more upside if it had been an option.

I think the idea Mbye is useless is just an angry reactive fans on the kennel thing. :p

His development has been set back years by counter intuitive coaching, but he still has plenty of upside. Under the tight cos Hong structures he will find consistency. He was playing ok this year before all our troubles emerged and players started worrying for their futures.
I reckon a lot of ppl would think like i do about mbye. Hes a decent player but not a star player. But he was on star player wages. First thing u do when rebuilding is get rid of the overpaid players. He was simply not worth his pay cheque

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nice little confidence booster for him for this week..

Article is about the entire team..

Dogs knew it was coming... he's been dishing up that shit since he signed on big coin with us.

It's been over a week since he had a microphone in front of him so he must be getting touchy over it.

upload_2018-8-2_12-54-27.png

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol just like the Tigers fans when we beat them
It was a shit performance from us, Dogs deserved the win. But, at least Tigers fans have gotten over Tedesco. You blokes just can't get over Mbye atm.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I reckon a lot of ppl would think like i do about mbye. Hes a decent player but not a star player. But he was on star player wages. First thing u do when rebuilding is get rid of the overpaid players. He was simply not worth his pay cheque
Given our dire salary cap situation, it's clear he was on overs, but so are most of the players in our current squad. He has a hell of a lot of upside and I bet the club would have liked to keep him in favour of the dead weight that is Kieran Foran if there were any prospects of finding an interested buyer. In a perfect world, he's a player we'd have liked to keep around, I think.

Obviously a lot of people think like you do. Your way of thinking is clearly aligned with the majority on here.....Personally, I think mass appeal is no way to measure the factual accuracy of an opinion....the mases often get it wrong. I believe the majority (at least on this site) are wrong about Mbye.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It was a shit performance from us, Dogs deserved the win. But, at least Tigers fans have gotten over Tedesco. You blokes just can't get over Mbye atm.
Tedesco never constantly talked shit about how good he was, and how much he loved the club, and then talked shit about them when they left.

THAT is the difference.

Tedesco left, was happy and never mentioned the Tigers, and stayed out of the limelight.

Mbye constantly talked in a Bulldogs jersey about his love for the club and what he was going to do each week, and how good a player he was. Then he moves to the Tigers and claims our club is full of egos and he's in a better place and playing better football.

He's a lazy, money grabbing, egotistical, self-centered wanker.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You had an entire off season + 20 rounds of footy to get over it, how long has Mbye been a tiger? Let us lay the boot in a little longer, the way he shat on the club is more akin to Woods than Tedesco anyway, and we all know how much Tigers fans still loathe him.

I admit I had expected him to carve us up last week, but thankfully he had one of his "let someone else do it" games where you barely notice he's on the field.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Basically for the money he is on he loves to sit back and not get involved. Then talk it up big after the game. The guy has skill but just cant contribute enough to deserve the money he was on at the Dogs.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You mistake our gloating that we unloaded him and ourdescriptions of why we're happy with saltiness Tacky. He's a gifted athlete who could be sensational weekly if he tried to get involved. But his magic moments will generally be very sporadic and because someone else created a chance when Mbye happened to be in the right place. The biggest issue with him that you will eventually grow to love is that his specialty is the art of walking away from a loss with the same sense of satisfaction as he would a win. Soon you'll get to hear him giving an upbeat speech saying the effort was there but luck wasn't on your side after your team loses a game where they look like they clocked off early. I'm still a little salty that we allowed two players to move on who never gave up. Reynolds provided that never say die attitude and even if his actions didn't pan out well, his belief was contagious and he could inspire greater effort from the players around him. I've never seen Mbye spark the players around him by taking the initiative when your team hits a flat patch. When you have a highly paid player in your spine, you would hope that they're going to try to be involved. You don't want passengers in important positions taking up a large chunk of your cap.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tedesco never constantly talked shit about how good he was, and how much he loved the club, and then talked shit about them when they left.

THAT is the difference.

Tedesco left, was happy and never mentioned the Tigers, and stayed out of the limelight.

Mbye constantly talked in a Bulldogs jersey about his love for the club and what he was going to do each week, and how good a player he was. Then he moves to the Tigers and claims our club is full of egos and he's in a better place and playing better football.

He's a lazy, money grabbing, egotistical, self-centered wanker.
Uuuuuhhhhhhh.......

James Tedesco On Moving To The Roosters: "Over Here... It's A Winning Culture"

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...ver-here-its-a-winning-culture?station=sydney

You were saying?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I take great pleasure in watching Mbye flop for another team while his focus is on his career in media... so what :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.