Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I doubt it. The board would have identified Mbye’s talent.... as most knowledgeable analysts of the game do. Mbye is no dud. He was let go because we have been dug into a massive hole, they needed cap space and knew they’d not be able to get rid of the biggest problem on our roster; Kieran Foran....not because he was unwanted IMHO.

Most analysts and experts in the game rate Mbye for a reason and I doubt the club round be happy to let him go and to also pay a fraction of his salary. There wasn’t much choice but yo let he and woods go imo.... I’d bet good money the club would have let Foran go and retained the younger player with so much more upside if it had been an option.

I think the idea Mbye is useless is just an angry reactive fans on the kennel thing. :p

His development has been set back years by counter intuitive coaching, but he still has plenty of upside. Under the tight cos Hong structures he will find consistency. He was playing ok this year before all our troubles emerged and players started worrying for their futures.
Just salty dogs fans as usual lol.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bunch of jaded ex lovers in this thread

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he's still salty about not being offered a new deal. He clearly has an agenda against the club, he wants us to fail, which is a shame because I loved ennis as a player. But he strikes me now as a huge **** with a chip on his shoulder who takes a swipe at the dogs any chance he gets
You'd think with Des gone he'd get over it. Lichaa is still at the club so he probably still has the shits with that.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im glad Hughes gets into Rothfied about his bulldogs bashing! Hughes was into him about his glowing article earlier this year re Dib.:tearsofjoy:, Im personally still not sold on this board but I know that if we had stayed with the previous board we would be in real trouble in 2-3 years when these contrctas fd us. The previous board got rid of Graham and Reynolds which wasnt mentioned so Rothfield can go back his cask of red

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rubbish. He struggled to find consistency, but so has every player who has played for us under Des since 2013.

He’s a talent and has skills our team has been crying out for. Once he finds his feet people will be pissed off we let him go.

I remember when this whole place incessantly rubbished Ennis as a player. We released him, he won a premiership the next year and looked a million bucks.

Mbye is no dud. Des just stifles natural attacking players’ abilities and makes them second guess themselves.

He’d already shown signs of improvement this year. He was learning a new position and people here just (typically) expected too much of the guy, imho.

Time will tell. But he’s well rated by people in the know got a reason. He has already shown he has plenty of skill and ability. A bit of time under a coach who isn’t such a headcase and his consistency and decision making will improve.
He's got ability but he cant read a game for shit. He may reach his potential at the Tigers but given the amount of the time he had here and was still random as fuck I very much doubt it.
Mbye is overrated at best and should never have been signed on the cash he was on. Out of his depth in the halves...to small to play in the centres and not convincing at fullback in my opinion. I'm glad he's gone. In saying that...good luck to him.

Last edited:

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad he is gone. Don't have to watch his inconsistent performances anymore. Don't have to lose our voices yelling at him to support play. Don't have to swear each time he kicks it dead on the 5th tackle. Also don't have to shut our eyes each time he attempts a conversion.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
he's got ability but he cant read a game for shit. He may reach his potential at the Tigers but given the amount of the time he had here and was still random as fuck I very much doubt it.
Mbye is overrated at best and should never have been signed on the cash he was on. Out of his depth in the halves...to small to play in the centres and not convincing at fullback in my opinion. I'm glad he's gone. In saying that...good luck to him.
Time will tell. But he would be far from the first player this place has written off prematurely. He’s rated a talent by those in the know for a reason.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Time will tell. But he would be far from the first player this place has written off prematurely. He’s rated a talent by those in the know for a reason.
One word explains Mbye, dumb.
His not football smart that’s his problem, look at Hoppa how he plays fullback compared to Mbye.
If Mbye had Hoppas brain he would be leath.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Rated by those in the know" Buzz Rothfield? :sweatsmile: I didn't see many clubs lining up for him when he went on the market either.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
One word explains Mbye, dumb.
His not football smart that’s his problem, look at Hoppa how he plays fullback compared to Mbye.
If Mbye had Hoppas brain he would be leath.
Hoppa’s also a lot more experienced....and when Des was here he was one of our most criticised players. His season last year was very ordinary. Shows what a change of coach and structures can do.

Mbye looked a lot better too this year. Fact is he is playing fullback in first grade for the first time. He’s also been moved around a hell of a lot and has never really been allowed to settle and find his natural position in first grade.

You’re all too harsh and when he does find his feet, you’ll all look a bit silly, IMO.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Hoppa’s also a lot more experienced....and when Des was here he was one of our most criticised players. His season last year was very ordinary. Shows what a change of coach and structures can do.

Mbye looked a lot better too this year. Fact is he is playing fullback in first grade for the first time. He’s also been moved around a hell of a lot and has never really been allowed to settle and find his natural position in first grade.

You’re all too harsh and when he does find his feet, you’ll all look a bit silly, IMO.
Honestly did you watch him in the Souths game?
He was very ordinary, even 3 games in at the tigers with a new coach he still looks ordinary.
Hopa is still criticised cause his slow, but his not dumb he knows where to be, Mbye on the other hand has been in the top grade for 4 years now he should know what is required.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Honestly did you watch him in the Souths game?
He was very ordinary, even 3 games in at the tigers with a new coach he still looks ordinary.
Hopa is still criticised cause his slow, but his not dumb he knows where to be, Mbye on the other hand has been in the top grade for 4 years now he should know what is required.
Lol time will tell. He’s been at the tigers for THREE games and is playing a new position. He’s not the only player who has looked confused at times under our structures.

His critics will no doubt single out the bad performances and use them to justify the hyperbolic criticism, but the fact is it’s hard to really judge a footy brain when the player is confused...and most of our players have become confused under our structures.

He’s moved on, people who didn’t like him got what they wanted. I don’t see why they want to deathride him. Truly, I don’t.

Stop having a crack, Boxer :p

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am over him, but i wrote the post because these idiots in the media are still trying to give us shit about offloading a bloke who played a maximum of 5 good games in thee and a half years.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
so happy that Mbye is gone......its one of the silver linings I see from this clean out, everything he says is so fake and predictable very pc... talks like a politician and wont give a true view or opinion

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best games Mbye ever played for us was when he filled in for JMoz at left centre IMO.
I've told my Tigers mate that, and I have suggested that's his best position. I also told him that it wont be to long before he starts questioning Mbye's laid back approach to everything he does on feild. It gave me the shits.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I am over him, but i wrote the post because these idiots in the media are still trying to give us shit about offloading a bloke who played a maximum of 5 good games in thee and a half years.
Yeah I don’t think they are saying he peaked here or achieved consistency.... I just think it’s hard to do that when you’re playing under a coach who has negatively impacted many players. Look at Damien Cook. Looked fantastic when he first came into the side but Des drained the life out of his pretty quickly. He’s playing great footy now, but he’s lucky he got away from Des when he did imo, or it may have taken him even longer to find his feet.

Does has been coaching a weird clunky style where our forwards get in our playmakers way for years....

He’s played more than five good games.... that’s a bit of an exaggeration...

But I don’t agree with the criticism either. I see why the club let him go. I think we had to. I just don’t think it’s a good thing. A decision that had to be made under the circumstances. I guess when it comes to my opinion, I sit in between Mbye’s harshest critics and the club’s harshest critics.

What’s done is done and he’s gone.... critic’s in the media are going to do whatever they can to sink the boot into us and that’s just the way it seems to be with our club, sadly.

But I won’t wrote him off, because he’s played almost his whole first grade career so far in circumstances that were less than ideal for a player’s development and gas all the skills.

I think he irritates people a bit because he seems upbeat and happy all the time and I can see why that grates after a loss. I see why people are frustrated with his lack of consistency too.

I just think he has plenty of ability .... he just needs time to find and grow into his position under a coach who hasn’t totally lost the plot, I think.

Anyway, time will tell and in the meanwhile, the media will hammer us over this decision and everything else under the sun....

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can tell he didn’t give a fuck about the doggs An his heart wasn’t really here !!

See him after the try he got yesterday, how happy he was with his new tiger family!!! Looks good in the orange an black anyway.

So good riddance too him I say.
Hasler apologist. Better off without him. He couldnt set up a root in a brothel, has no footy sense, short kicking game atrocious, BUT was annointed by Thurston no less as a future QLD origin star. Pity the Qld selectors dont see it that way or NSW would of won more easily.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Lol time will tell. He’s been at the tigers for THREE games and is playing a new position. He’s not the only player who has looked confused at times under our structures.

His critics will no doubt single out the bad performances and use them to justify the hyperbolic criticism, but the fact is it’s hard to really judge a footy brain when the player is confused...and most of our players have become confused under our structures.

He’s moved on, people who didn’t like him got what they wanted. I don’t see why they want to deathride him. Truly, I don’t.

Stop having a crack, Boxer :p
I’ll stop having a crack now :( lol

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Glad he is gone. Don't have to watch his inconsistent performances anymore. Don't have to lose our voices yelling at him to support play. Don't have to swear each time he kicks it dead on the 5th tackle. Also don't have to shut our eyes each time he attempts a conversion.
Inconsistent!! Is a very politically correct description of him but in real terms he was a lazy, cap wasting lying shit. Ur HEAR THAT Ennis?? I see our first fight coming on

But to all the Ennis haters out there .. you're wrong about him! he is not trying to rubbish the club he loves our club , he was the captain FFS!!! bled blue n white and sweated the same ,he is just as pissed off about the downfall of the doggies as anyone of us

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.