Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anybody watching Controversy Corner? It makes me sick that blokes like Rothfield, Ennis and Gaznier (the latter two being good mates with Moses) try to give our new board shit about offloadling Mbye... cap issues aside.. I honestly believe Mbye was unwanted in general... us fans saw it that way, and surely the board did as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never heard of this person you call Mbye ... who is that? Certainly not a Bulldogs player as I know all of them.
Good riddance ... talks so much shit, literally is the biggest kiss ass and he is fake I can see through him, also made me super pissed since 2014 when we were going shit that we all knew he was on this big salary and was yet to even make a rep side . Anyway glad he’s off our books

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whilst Ennis' mates are still around he will always try and defend them and I will never take his opinion seriously. As for the other two couldn't care less about their opinions either.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Anybody watching Controversy Corner? It makes me sick that blokes like Rothfield, Ennis and Gaznier (the latter two being good mates with Moses) try to give our new board shit about offloadling Mbye... honestly.. cap issues aside.. I honestly believe Mbye was unwanted in general... us fans saw it that way, and surely the board did as well.
I doubt it. The board would have identified Mbye’s talent.... as most knowledgeable analysts of the game do. Mbye is no dud. He was let go because we have been dug into a massive hole, they needed cap space and knew they’d not be able to get rid of the biggest problem on our roster; Kieran Foran....not because he was unwanted IMHO.

Most analysts and experts in the game rate Mbye for a reason and I doubt the club round be happy to let him go and to also pay a fraction of his salary. There wasn’t much choice but yo let he and woods go imo.... I’d bet good money the club would have let Foran go and retained the younger player with so much more upside if it had been an option.

I think the idea Mbye is useless is just an angry reactive fans on the kennel thing. :p

His development has been set back years by counter intuitive coaching, but he still has plenty of upside. Under the tight cos Hong structures he will find consistency. He was playing ok this year before all our troubles emerged and players started worrying for their futures.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Packy or tacky, whatever his name is should be here soon enough to defend his favourite new Tigpie "great"

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can tell he didn’t give a fuck about the doggs An his heart wasn’t really here !!

See him after the try he got yesterday, how happy he was with his new tiger family!!! Looks good in the orange an black anyway.

So good riddance too him I say.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I doubt it. The board would have identified Mbye’s talent.... as most knowledgeable analysts of the game do. Mbye is no dud. He was let go because we have been dug into a massive hole, they needed cap space and knew they’d not be able to get rid of the biggest problem on our roster; Kieran Foran....not because he was unwanted IMHO.

Most analysts and experts in the game rate Mbye for a reason and I doubt the club round be happy to let him go and to also pay a fraction of his salary. There wasn’t much choice but yo let he and woods go imo.... I’d bet good money the club would have let Foran go and retained the younger player with so much more upside if it had been an option.

I think the idea Mbye is useless is just an angry reactive fans on the kennel thing. :p

His development has been set back years by counter intuitive coaching, but he still has plenty of upside. Under the tight cos Hong structures he will find consistency. He was playing ok this year before all our troubles emerged and players started worrying for their futures.
Moses played about 5 good games for us. Give me a break.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mbye played shit against Souths. So happy he is gone. All mbye talk should be banned from here now that he is gone...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye played shit against Souths. So happy he is gone. All mbye talk should be banned from here now that he is gone...
Yea I know... I restrain myself everytime Ennis and co rave on about him, but it's gotten beyond a joke.. they talk about him as if he is the next Slater and I will not cop our club bring attacked by that old drunk Rothfield over the best decision our club had made in years.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And I'm 5 longnecks deep so excuse me for the rants

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As I said before, I don't think he's a good footy player, just a good athlete.
In time if he trains and is developed in the fullback role he can be quite dangerous, but I think he has a fair way to go. If has-lice actually used him properly, either fullback or centre years ago instead of in the halves, and as a playmaker he most likely would have been great imo

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Moses played about 5 good games for us. Give me a break.
Rubbish. He struggled to find consistency, but so has every player who has played for us under Des since 2013.

He’s a talent and has skills our team has been crying out for. Once he finds his feet people will be pissed off we let him go.

I remember when this whole place incessantly rubbished Ennis as a player. We released him, he won a premiership the next year and looked a million bucks.

Mbye is no dud. Des just stifles natural attacking players’ abilities and makes them second guess themselves.

He’d already shown signs of improvement this year. He was learning a new position and people here just (typically) expected too much of the guy, imho.

Time will tell. But he’s well rated by people in the know got a reason. He has already shown he has plenty of skill and ability. A bit of time under a coach who isn’t such a headcase and his consistency and decision making will improve.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ennis had a dip in form but was good for us prior. Plenty of players have peaked under Des becoming representatives for both state and country, as well as premiership winners and grand finalists, so that argument is ridiculous. Moses showed no consistency the whole time he was with us. He struggled in every position he was used in and then showed a little promise for like two or three games at the back until oppositions worked him out and it was back to the usual

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody watching Controversy Corner? It makes me sick that blokes like Rothfield, Ennis and Gaznier (the latter two being good mates with Moses) try to give our new board shit about offloadling Mbye... honestly.. cap issues aside.. I honestly believe Mbye was unwanted in general... us fans saw it that way, and surely the board did as well.
Mate tell me the last time,gasnier,or rothfield had anything good to say about us,they 2 people I don't have a high opinion of anyway

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye is a good player.. good defender when at 9, Good ball player and runner from 5/8 or fullback..

Wasnt worth the 800K though for his input.. I had no problem letting him go if the cash freed is used better

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Ennis’s crew are a pack of ****** , fuck em all , Mbye included

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ennis is pushing for Klemmer to go to the Knights, why would he care that we let go of Mbye?

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ennis is pushing for Klemmer to go to the Knights, why would he care that we let go on Mbye?

not saying he cares, just that he and others act like it was a big mistake by our club, and they speak on behalf of the supporters as though we all wanted him to stay

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ennis is pushing for Klemmer to go to the Knights, why would he care that we let go on Mbye?
I think he's still salty about not being offered a new deal. He clearly has an agenda against the club, he wants us to fail, which is a shame because I loved ennis as a player. But he strikes me now as a huge **** with a chip on his shoulder who takes a swipe at the dogs any chance he gets

Status
Not open for further replies.