Matt Burton take a bow.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Again I ask the question, would Luai have as much impact if he and Burton traded places? I don’t think he would.

also, what is he better at than Burton? Burton has a better kicking game, I’d say a better running game too. Maybe luai has the short passing game that Burton doesn’t, but can’t think of anything else
No, I don't think he would have had a huge impact on your side if you signed him instead of Burton. I think Burtons long kicking is the single most valuable thing he had added to your side. The only players I'd put ahead of Burton on that part of the game would be Reynolds & Cleary. Once Burto gets the accuracy better and does it under pressure he could overtake them both.

I'd rank Luai better in defence, short kicking, passing & bringing the niggle. Running game they are both different, so hard to pick a winner. They are both excellent in that regard, just in different ways.

Overall you guys got the best option for what you need, I also think we kept the best option to suit our side.

I love the combo he is forming with JAC, I think teams will start to defend it a bit better now that its been on show in back to back games, but next year with Kikau being out that side it will be to much for most teams to handle. Put numbers on Kiks and JAC is open, defend the kick to JAC & Kiks rips you to shreds. Scary shit.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No, I don't think he would have had a huge impact on your side if you signed him instead of Burton. I think Burtons long kicking is the single most valuable thing he had added to your side. The only players I'd put ahead of Burton on that part of the game would be Reynolds & Cleary. Once Burto gets the accuracy better and does it under pressure he could overtake them both.

I'd rank Luai better in defence, short kicking, passing & bringing the niggle. Running game they are both different, so hard to pick a winner. They are both excellent in that regard, just in different ways.

Overall you guys got the best option for what you need, I also think we kept the best option to suit our side.

I love the combo he is forming with JAC, I think teams will start to defend it a bit better now that its been on show in back to back games, but next year with Kikau being out that side it will be to much for most teams to handle. Put numbers on Kiks and JAC is open, defend the kick to JAC & Kiks rips you to shreds. Scary shit.
Parramatta play the up and in style of defence and the kick behind is the perfect answer to overcome that. Plus Simonson (2 tackles & 2 missed tackles) and Sivo (first game this year) are not that great in defence. Either they adjust away from their structure and leave gaps or they don't adjust and, as we saw, it's rinse and repeat. I don't think that Burton and JAC came up with that on the fly, during the game, I have no doubt that Potter put that play #1 on the playbook for the game.

Looking forward to next game's #1 on Potter's list, my tip, through the middle, Tuggers look weak around the ruck.

Always a Bulldog

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There has never been any question of his talents, it's good to see them starting to work well within our team. I hope he decides to remain at the Dogs
I admit i doubted that he could succeed without a spine this year but I'm glad to be wrong. He is learning and developing WHILE carrying flamingo and a few other duds in the team.

Can't See why he cannot be an elite half sooner rather than later.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I admit i doubted that he could succeed without a spine this year but I'm glad to be wrong. He is learning and developing WHILE carrying flamingo and a few other duds in the team.

Can't See why he cannot be an elite half sooner rather than later.
Having Mahoney there will see him improve out of sight. It will help Flanno too

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Avo may help if he keeps improving too.

But I can't see flamingo improve, we have seen his best and it's reserve grade material.
It's all confidence related, now Potter has them playing footy I'm expecting Avo and Flanno will be better.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
About 100 past and present NRL players watched Schoupp do that and felt a mix of joy and envy. They've all wanted to do it when Moses has carried on like a princess, but few have carried through.
Not to mention all the fans that would like to see it again too