Matt Burton take a bow.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not actually true, if they get the odds wrong and/or they get stung with a large bet that comes home they can lose their shirt pretty easily.

Always a Bulldog
This is why odds vary. If they get huge money on an big outsider it crunches the outsider and the favorite will get blown out. This is a reflection of the odds and them balancing their books. Of course they’re not immune to freakish exotic bets but still make more than enough money to cover any bizarre results off your regular head to head betting, races etc

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
we got penalised for a steal after the ref had called held, then parra did exactly the same thing and the ref just told us to play it with no penalty being given
Yeah the one with the late strip against us should of been a penalty instead of a re-do. They prevented us having a quick play the ball, which obviously if it isn't a penalty teams would abuse so you can never have a quick play the ball. I thought the refereeing was terrible against us yesterday, probably the worst of the season, and we still smashed Parra.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always good to see Moses stuff up

How did that plonker get an Origin gig

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ask yourself this question.
If Jarome Luai was in Burton’s position playing for us, would he look anywhere near as good as Matt has this year in a shit side?

Burton is already a better player than the NSW five eighth. He’ll be playing origin in the 6 jersey once we are regularly playing finals footy

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not having a go or anything but when we lose everyone says the bookies had to make sure the favorite won. I’ve done many post on this-the bookies don’t care who wins. They make a balance/percentage no matter what the outcome. Anyway we actually played well yesterday and I’m stoked. Was a solid victory and a lot more convincing than the roosters win. I don’t think we had it easy with the referee but the ball definitely bounced our way.
Bookies would of cleaned up by us destroying the majority of multis placed.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If Jarome Luai was in Burton’s position playing for us, would he look anywhere near as good as Matt has this year in a shit side?

Burton is already a better player than the NSW five eighth. He’ll be playing origin in the 6 jersey once we are regularly playing finals footy
I still say Luai is a myth and carried by Cleary.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
we got penalised for a steal after the ref had called held, then parra did exactly the same thing and the ref just told us to play it with no penalty being given
Yeah noticed that at the game. There were a few 50:50 calls that all went parramatta ways. Almost like Klein was trying to keep Parra in the game until he realise they were coming back!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Without a doubt! If we were a top 8 side, his tries and try assists would be double what he's chalked up this year.
Look at JAC and the combination Burton his having with him. Imagine Burto had more quality players around him and what he'd do with the quality around him. It's frightening to think about it. The kid is only 22 years old and has played less than 50 FG games.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely reminded me of the Dogs of years gone by - Never gave up on the play! will do his confidence wonders moving forward.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
considering Fittler and Daley were often picked in rep teams together with one playing five eighth and the other either at centre or lock and then interchanging during games, I'm surprised Burton did not get a look in at left centre with Latrell Mitchell injured

and yet, talk is Suaalii might now take Tupou's spot for NSW

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
And that was within ten minutes of our penalty. I couldn't understand that decision. Same for the forward passes that Parra threw all game.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
considering Fittler and Daley were often picked in rep teams together with one playing five eighth and the other either at centre or lock and then interchanging during games, I'm surprised Burton did not get a look in at left centre with Latrell Mitchell injured

and yet, talk is Suaalii might now take Tupou's spot for NSW
He is the Blues version of Selwyn Cobbo

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I loved how he gave moses a spray after it too ,Burton was outstanding yesterday and I genuinely hope that it puts to bed the "Hes' not a half " rhetoric from some of our fan base.
The hardest gig is playing half behind our useless pack this year and Junk playing 9…