Matt Burton take a bow.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Credit to JMK's defence last night. Stopped a charging Matterson dead in in his tracks on the line.
But yeah service was so much better from ZDC.
ZDC also showed a readiness to work with an offload that we don't see often from JMK. He snapped up that offload from Waddell and was off like a flash for what ended up being a brilliant try from our own half. When someone lines up a ball like that for JMK half the time it hits the ground...

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plays like that where not one person would’ve batted an eye if he had’ve just given up on the play are what this club was built on for years he was everywhere yesterday and has grown so much since barrett left

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People talk about doing the one percenters well. This was a 0.01 percenter, and is the difference between a decent player and a superstar.
That was a Thurston like 0.01%er - he never gave up

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ask yourself this question.
If Jarome Luai was in Burton’s position playing for us, would he look anywhere near as good as Matt has this year in a shit side?

Burton is already a better player than the NSW five eighth. He’ll be playing origin in the 6 jersey once we are regularly playing finals footy
Not yet he isn't, but it wont be long I'd think. The ceiling for Burton is much higher than Luai. Different styles though, it would be interesting to see Burto at 6 alongside Nathan. I'm not sure it would work as well as most assume. Long term I'd be looking to see if Burton can game manage without losing the running threat and having a jack in the box type player with him at 6. I reckon it would be lethal.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not yet he isn't, but it wont be long I'd think. The ceiling for Burton is much higher than Luai. Different styles though, it would be interesting to see Burto at 6 alongside Nathan. I'm not sure it would work as well as most assume. Long term I'd be looking to see if Burton can game manage without losing the running threat and having a jack in the box type player with him at 6. I reckon it would be lethal.
Again I ask the question, would Luai have as much impact if he and Burton traded places? I don’t think he would.

also, what is he better at than Burton? Burton has a better kicking game, I’d say a better running game too. Maybe luai has the short passing game that Burton doesn’t, but can’t think of anything else

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Again I ask the question, would Luai have as much impact if he and Burton traded places? I don’t think he would.

also, what is he better at than Burton? Burton has a better kicking game, I’d say a better running game too. Maybe luai has the short passing game that Burton doesn’t, but can’t think of anything else
He has a better combination with Cleary. Burton didn't just leave because he wanted to play in the halves, he left because he wanted to be the dominant playmaker and that's something that wouldn't happen at Penrith with Cleary. Being better as an individual doesn't always mean better results for the team.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has a better combination with Cleary. Burton didn't just leave because he wanted to play in the halves, he left because he wanted to be the dominant playmaker and that's something that wouldn't happen at Penrith with Cleary. Being better as an individual doesn't always mean better results for the team.
I wasn’t talking about that, I was comparing them 1 to 1 as players

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
considering Fittler and Daley were often picked in rep teams together with one playing five eighth and the other either at centre or lock and then interchanging during games, I'm surprised Burton did not get a look in at left centre with Latrell Mitchell injured

and yet, talk is Suaalii might now take Tupou's spot for NSW
They are on crack if JAC doesn’t replace Tupou

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liam Matin is the worst! How that crab gets an Origin gig let alone plays 80mins where he runs 27m lol
I’m confused.. what has Liam Martin got to do with Luai ?