Matt Burton take a bow.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I still think we haven't seen his full potential tbh

Mahoney coming and Avo improving will only help him unleash.

Still need a solid FG HB.
For sure bro. He's got so much improvement left it's scary. Which is why I defended him so strongly all season. Because he's a future rep half and halves with his ability don't come along very often. Especially these days..

Like you said if he's doing this now with slow service from dummy half and without a threat at halfback, imagine how much better he'll be with Mahoney, Kikau and hopefully a more serviceable halfback.. I think King at lock and Averillo at fullback has also helped open up the attack and given everyone more space and time..

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Shitler wouldn't know talent if it rammed a cactus up his ass.

He won't pick him, he'll think with his bare feet again and put Crichton on the bench. Hippie jahash
I have been laughing at this comment for a good 2min thanks bro

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For sure bro. He's got so much improvement left it's scary. Which is why I defended him so strongly all season. Because he's a future rep half and halves with his ability don't come along very often. Especially these days..

Like you said if he's doing this now with slow service from dummy half and without a threat at halfback, imagine how much better he'll be with Mahoney, Kikau and hopefully a more serviceable halfback.. I think King at lock and Averillo at fullback has also helped open up the attack and given everyone more space and time..
Morrin at lock next year i reckon he will be like another half in the middle.
If he gets decent minutes he will probably do more then Flopogun.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like Morrin and am glad he's debuting this week. But King has looked great at lock and our attack has looked better with him there so I'd like to see King stay there for a while until Morrin is ready for a bigger role and has more FG experience.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Three weeks ago after the Saints game I had to talk 80% of the Kennel out of tearing up his contract, that he wasn't a centre, he shouldn't go to the NFL to be a punter.. Now everyone is praising him and wants to lock him up long term and talk about him as if he's always been their favourite player and they never doubted him.. A lot can change in a few weeks on The Kennel..
I must be Nostradamus then. I started a thread on 9/6/2020 stating we sign the kid up ASAP. Always rated Burto.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I must be Nostradamus then. I started a thread on 9/6/2020 stating we sign the kid up ASAP. Always rated Burto.
Yeah I was saying the same.. The first few games for the Panthers that year were enough for me after him dominating in Reserves and Juniors for years.. When we first signed him I said it was our most important signing since Baa. People wanted to have me committed. Haha. But it doesn't sound so crazy now.. You could see how talented he is and that he was a different prospect in the lower grades.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like Morrin and am glad he's debuting this week. But King has looked great at lock and our attack has looked better with him there so I'd like to see King stay there for a while until Morrin is ready for a bigger role and has more FG experience.
Yep thats why i said next year. :tearsofjoy:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep anyone but!
I've been happy with his improvement, with a more confident Burto and Avo . . . Mahoney coming next year may be the the key to unlocking everything.
Don't underestimate the fact Flanno has an old man that is a premiership winning coach, who will provide him with unlimited mentorship

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Morrin at lock. Topine on bench to share minutes with Jackson on the edge to ease him into retirement. If we can make that work, we will save a lot of cap space for a halfback.