News Mario Fenech endured Footy Show taunts despite the onset of early dementia

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Whoa..it must not have any brains either getting nose to nose with you.. What an absolute waste of space.. racist wanker..
Yeah I was fit and healthy back then, I was actually hoping he would throw the first one but didn't.

Funniest part was calling me a "black ****"....I'm brown at best lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I was fit and healthy back then, I was actually hoping he would throw the first one but didn't.

Funniest part was calling me a "black ****"....I'm brown at best lol
Still not right..the prick..gee I wish he did throw one.. You would have done the world a favour!!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mum unfortunately has it and I can attest that it is a horrible disease. My mum has an aggressive personality which my sister's and I are struggling with. She won't let us take control of her meds and she isn't taking them properly herself.

She has managed to break me on numerous ocassions and I simply cannot cope with her anymore. To me, she is a different person.

I cant believe how this disease can change a person so much....
Sadly for many it can lead to guilt because they start to resent the changed person they are dealing with. a loved one becomes a burden, and its heartbreaking for those watching it unfold, knowing it's not their fault either.

Same thing happens with some people following a major brain injury.

Unfortunately there's only so much you can do for family, and when dementia hits it's a bastard.

Please tell me you've spoken with government and they've gotten her a care package or something like that.

I've got a grandfather overseas with dementia, and it's sad because you talk with him on the phone and 90% of the time he doesn't know who is talking, but other times the nursing home will contact us saying "he's asked why you haven't called", even if we just called the previous day/night.

Our brains still the most misunderstood and least researched part of our bodies. So complex, with so much going on, and so much we are still yet to fully understand about it.

Dementia, Alzheimers, Mental Illnesses, Stroke, etc etc, all brain related.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched a documentary last night by Louis Theroux about Alzheimers... bloody heartbreaking. Their carers/loved ones are angels.
It’s one of Louis’ best..extremely heartbreaking.. Their carers/loved ones are amazing..beautiful people..

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a question about the story last night, Didn't Mario's dr, Dr Rowena Mobbs say he had CTE. The reason I ask is, CTE can't be diagnosed when you are alive.
Yes it's a terrible disease, however in terms of Rugby league causing it, is it proven or most likely??? It may have exacerbated it I don't know. I suppose some people will be more susceptible to it more than others. Without suggesting league is certain to heighten the risk, have we done enough?

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone that has seen Mario’s twitter in the last few years knows what kind of a state he’s in…very sad

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Watched a documentary last night by Louis Theroux about Alzheimers... bloody heartbreaking. Their carers/loved ones are angels.
Yeah - seen it. Theroux docs are always full on.

Its an interesting debate into voluntary euthanasia. I don't want to be living like a zombie - and I'd want my family to move on. Instead, because you are still alive, its a stop on life for your family - which is sad.

Sure everyone has a different view, but to me everyone dies. If I can have it partially on my terms, I'm good. As long as I lived life to the fullest, I'm good. If my family can take the good memories and move on rather than spend years playing visit the robot, I'm good.

Its a can of worms around cognitive decision making even if it was legal - but just my 2c. Not wishing anything but love to Mario but if u gave him the choices say 20 years ago of either euthanasia soon when certain conditions are met or being in a nursing home with dementia at the age of 60, not sure what he would agree with but can definitely understand dodging the nursing home.

Interesting thought.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah - seen it. Theroux docs are always full on.

Its an interesting debate into voluntary euthanasia. I don't want to be living like a zombie - and I'd want my family to move on. Instead, because you are still alive, its a stop on life for your family - which is sad.

Sure everyone has a different view, but to me everyone dies. If I can have it partially on my terms, I'm good. As long as I lived life to the fullest, I'm good. If my family can take the good memories and move on rather than spend years playing visit the robot, I'm good.

Its a can of worms around cognitive decision making even if it was legal - but just my 2c. Not wishing anything but love to Mario but if u gave him the choices say 20 years ago of either euthanasia soon when certain conditions are met or being in a nursing home with dementia at the age of 60, not sure what he would agree with but can definitely understand dodging the nursing home.

Interesting thought.
I agree 100% it broke my mum down slowly but irrepairably watching on helpless as her mum "lived" as a virtual zombie but physically fairly healthy for decades no exaggeration there(she even outlived my mother tragically).
Awful affliction and I'm ante the whole nursing home scene too, for me this usually says it's time and I want the right to go more on my own terms and with some dignity.
Eg my mates mum has gone into one in the past 16 months and she has deteriorated sigificantly, lost her independence and her will is going too and won't see Christmas he surmises.She has had a great innings and while I'm not sure if she would pass the cognitive test I think she would take the right to die by choice if allowed.
Fuck me it makes me sad writing about this shit.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Feel for the bloke regarding the dementia. I have little doubt the footy show took the piss out of him. For mine, it wasn’t scripted, there were a few times he threatened to leave the show live on air…
It was awkward watching those segments from my perspective.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The cocksucker actually thought he was a real celebrity. He was quick to give it but would turn into a Karen if he got it back.

An arrogant **** who can't even handle a couple of beers. The stupid **** even called me a "black ****" because I had to cut him off at a golf club. He got in my face nose to nose when I told him to leave, Benny Elias and Baa at the same event came and sorted him out and calmed him down.

Also he was a big part of Sterlo leaving.
Wow what an absolute cockhead, not altogether surprising bet some of his mates are dickheads too.
Pity you didn't get to drop him may have taught him some manners lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wow what an absolute cockhead, not altogether surprising bet some of his mates are dickheads too.
Pity you didn't get to drop him may have taught him some manners lol.
The other footy stars were pretty well behaved, signed stuff and took photos, it looked he just got jealous of the attention they got the bitch.