Manly to bring Hasler home to Brookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
des is a very good coach and knows his job, but sadly the modern game has got a bit to far in front of him and hes not coaching the same fast style of play or the attacking runs and style as the newer coaches are

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Realist90 not taking a shot the question about style and player dropping is because in my opinion the players are following the structure the coach has implemented. Trex can't run like he was at manly because he is so flat 3 steps and the defense in on him. Hodkinson can move because he is so flat and lets face it he isn't barba in pace. Reynolds gets the ball and the only room is sideways its the style des set up and players are getting hammered. No barba to get around teams and no fowards ball playing line in 2012. All round flat and sideways. Yes we won games at the end but luck and heart to hang in and grind out only works one year not back to back. So im saying if its dessies plan he should cop it just as much as the players
I see your point bro. But you said it yourself T. rex was on fire at manly with des. But dce was the half and Foran when T. rex fired up. So why isn't T. rex playing as good under des? Because it's either our halves which more than likely is or T. rex himself is a lazy fuk which I think both of those are in front of the reasons than dessies game plan

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well I am with you. Why buy a tall, fast try scoring winger and play an imp instead :grinning:
Mr I was against me as well :grinning: lol but that's all good everyone now knows why Rona is in the first grade team. Thompson is a solid back up but that's where it stops.
Anyways I really can't wait for our full strength team to come back and Brett back fit.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Wow some people are ungrateful and have no perspective. We've made the GF twice in three years and still came 5th despite everything that happened in 2013. He took us from last to first in 2011 with Keating and Reynolds as our halves! Last year we made the GF from 8th!

He's set records for achieving some of these feats in three years yet now people want him gone? How many Grand Finals did we make since 2004 before he got here?

Sure Des' persistence with certain players drives me crazy, and we do need to change certain things in our style of play that are extremely predictable and unsuccessful. But he's still in the top three coaches in the game along with Bellamy and Maguire and we'd be mad to let him go.

Thankfully there's no truth to this rubbish article and Manly would be crazy to let go of Toovey with all of their injuries and after the job he's done there. Plus I doubt Des would be too keen to rush back after his acrimonious departure...

I have my doubts and frustrations over Des' methods recently, but I'm not foolish enough for me to want him to leave and then turn another club into a consistent top 4 team every year.

Dymock does deserve a shot at a FG job soon though, as does Dave Kidwell.
This right here.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I see your point bro. But you said it yourself T. rex was on fire at manly with des. But dce was the half and Foran when T. rex fired up. So why isn't T. rex playing as good under des? Because it's either our halves which more than likely is or T. rex himself is a lazy fuk which I think both of those are in front of the reasons than dessies game plan
Thats my point. We haven't got evans or foran so des implemented a fowards style plan because we dont have creative halves but why so flat. We have a huge pack that doesn't wind up from deep. Imagine kas or klemmer deep off a graham pass like in 2012. Deep plays moving fowards not side ways which is the only way possible especially 10 out

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats my point. We haven't got evans or foran so des implemented a fowards style plan because we dont have creative halves but why so flat. We have a huge pack that doesn't wind up from deep. Imagine kas or klemmer deep off a graham pass like in 2012. Deep plays moving fowards not side ways which is the only way possible especially 10 out
That's why we have been playing ultra conservative because Hasler knows our halves limits. His doing the best he can with the 2 flops we have. our forwards can only do so much man and the game is getting faster they get tired much quicker.
But I think if we look at last year as soon as they made origin we went downhill, I might be sounding immature or whatever but it's like Daley got into their heads and made them think they don't need Hasler or haslers game plans are wrong I dunno

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So.. this dumb **** (RLW Mole) claims Elgey has signed with Manly on a done deal..

This afternoon Titans announce Elgey re-signed for 2 years.

Summary: Blokes a bullshit artist and this article is just another fine hunk of shit of his.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1/100 is still successful for this prick. He floats when he gets one prediction/scoop right however never mentions the 99 other times he is not.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So.. this dumb **** (RLW Mole) claims Elgey has signed with Manly on a done deal..

This afternoon Titans announce Elgey re-signed for 2 years.

Summary: Blokes a bullshit artist and this article is just another fine hunk of shit of his.
His success rate is on par with Matty Johns and Triple M.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this supposed to cause me concern? The last time I checked Hasler hadn't won a conp with us yet and therefore has the same record as poor old Kevin Moore who was shafted after 3 poor seasons.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can all the Des doubters please line up so the humble pie is easier to serve at a later date.

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
If we didn't have Des we wouldn't have made the finals the last 3 years guaranteed. Look at the spine we've had. He took us to the grand final with kris ****ing Keating as our halfback

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we didn't have Des we wouldn't have made the finals the last 3 years guaranteed. Look at the spine we've had. He took us to the grand final with kris ****ing Keating as our halfback
He also did it with Hodkinson/Reynolds as our halves pairing. Doubt any other coach would've managed that

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yes he got us to 2 grand finals and that was a marvelous effort but he still came away with no wins in either. And it doesnt look like we will be winning a comp anytime soon either. Yes we will be competitive and challenge for the premiership but we wont win for reasons we all have discussed to death.
But in saying that he has had all these years to buy another halfback or promote another halfback. He has had all these years to change tactics, he has had all these years to rectify our weaknesses but he hasnt. Its the same thing in out and seems like a 1 trick pony.
I wouldn't mind if he left and gave someone like dymock a go, a fresh change could do wonders.
But if he does stay I do want to see change, I want to play conventional style football, I want to see forwards running lines, our halves controlling the game snd being creative. With the squad we have we should have won the premiership already and on our way to winning it again this year...

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lose hasler and we will be far worse off. It isnt easy to get a decent coach, let alone someone like des.

If he leaves this will be one of those threads that gets bumped in a few years, calling people out, when we're on the bottom of the table and they got what they wanted (hasler gone).

Dead set I cant believe this place.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
We lose hasler and we will be far worse off. It isnt easy to get a decent coach, let alone someone like des.

If he leaves this will be one of those threads that gets bumped in a few years, calling people out, when we're on the bottom of the table and they got what they wanted (hasler gone).

Dead set I cant believe this place.
no one is saying they want des gone, the comments pointing out his flaws or more to the point outlining some legit frustrations with our playing style are the result of the article.
It's a forum and it's a talking point - if we end up on the bottom of the ladder for any reason I don't think bumping this would prove that anyone wanted him gone and I also don't think presuming we'd be on the bottom without Hasler is support at it's finest. Regardless of anyhting else, Dymock is not "just a trainer" as someone on here posted before.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he got us to 2 grand finals and that was a marvelous effort but he still came away with no wins in either. And it doesnt look like we will be winning a comp anytime soon either. Yes we will be competitive and challenge for the premiership but we wont win for reasons we all have discussed to death.
But in saying that he has had all these years to buy another halfback or promote another halfback. He has had all these years to change tactics, he has had all these years to rectify our weaknesses but he hasnt. Its the same thing in out and seems like a 1 trick pony.
I wouldn't mind if he left and gave someone like dymock a go, a fresh change could do wonders.
But if he does stay I do want to see change, I want to play conventional style football, I want to see forwards running lines, our halves controlling the game snd being creative. With the squad we have we should have won the premiership already and on our way to winning it again this year...
Our attack was going pretty great until we lost 6 of our first grade side, including 2 of our best attacking weapons

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our attack was going pretty great until we lost 6 of our first grade side, including 2 of our best attacking weapons
Exactly people have short term memory here.
Look at Rabbitohs just without Reynolds they're fkd. Imagine they had as many first graders as Us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.