Manly to bring Hasler home to Brookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's really presumptuous to think des won't ever go back. That's his club. I always envisioned him giving us a premiership and then heading back.

He has enough money already. Probably enough to coast for the rest of his life, so why not devote his time to rebuilding something he loves?

The young talent, ie lichaa, rona have signed because of des. Look at how we nearly bagged Foran. Look at how half the dragons followed Bennett to Newcastle. That's the biggest risk with des and always has been, we could go from powerhouse to shithouse within 2 years.
you're not wrong .. to put his income into perspective he makes 5-6 times as much as an Emergency Registrar.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Did the dogs attempt to sign Elgey? Perhaps him signing with Manly is a sign of Des' return to come..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Elgey was 600k over two seasons, so 300k a year. At that rate, he's cheap and well worth the risk.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Or maybe manly just paid $600K a season for an unproven half?

I can tell you that they do. He even does. Hodko hasn't even been offered a contract yet.
600K is ridiculous money and smacks of desperation but thanks for the info on Hokk. fwiw I love Trent and think he's capable of much more but he just doesn't have it atm and in a results driven world its 5 to midnight for him.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Realist i just being sarcastic dropping the f bomb. Question to you is, have you ever asked for trex, Reynolds or hodkinson to be dropped?
I don't know I know that I have asked Thompson to be dropped in favour of Rona and I was correct in that judgement when everyone else wanted Thompson ahead of him.
I'm confused with your question lol it sounds like you either know I have asked them to be dropped or know that I haven't and wondering why I haven't? Lol
But since you asked atm on current form of drop hodko mbye at 7 and Reynolds at 6 I see mbye a lot more structured and controlling than Reynolds. As for T. rex I've never wanted him dropped I don't think up until seeing Herman ese ese. I would love to see Herman get a jump on T. rex he seems like an absolute animal and takes full advantage of his size.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd pay elgey 400k no worry in the world. Need to take a risk on junior talent these days especially as though he was nyc player of the year last year. Plus the salary cap going up means 400k for a hb is nothing. Heck we are paying she Rex 600k to do nothing and have no impact on a game what so ever.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Can someone please bookmark this thread? That way, when Des does win us a comp we can come back and look at how some on The Kennel froth at the mouth so easily after a few losses

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Can someone please bookmark this thread? That way, when Des does win us a comp we can come back and look at how some on The Kennel froth at the mouth so easily after a few losses
if we do win a comp then we'll have changed the way we construct a try :P

N

Natboy

I don't know I know that I have asked Thompson to be dropped in favour of Rona and I was correct in that judgement when everyone else wanted Thompson ahead of him
It seemed to me that more people wanted Rona in from memory

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hahahaha we'll win a comp when Dumb & Dumber are playing in a opposition team.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It seemed to me that more people wanted Rona in from memory
Nope I was getting Shut down all the time coz of it some **** also made a thread after round 1 calling me out saying I have no idea and that Thompson needs to come back.

N

Natboy

Nope I was getting Shut down all the time coz of it some **** also made a thread after round 1 calling me out saying I have no idea and that Thompson needs to come back.
Well I am with you. Why buy a tall, fast try scoring winger and play an imp instead :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have always wanted CoRona in our jersey. Nothing against Thompson, but he ain't Rona.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS I got more excited to sign CoRona and Lichaa than Borris.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Realist90 not taking a shot the question about style and player dropping is because in my opinion the players are following the structure the coach has implemented. Trex can't run like he was at manly because he is so flat 3 steps and the defense in on him. Hodkinson can move because he is so flat and lets face it he isn't barba in pace. Reynolds gets the ball and the only room is sideways its the style des set up and players are getting hammered. No barba to get around teams and no fowards ball playing line in 2012. All round flat and sideways. Yes we won games at the end but luck and heart to hang in and grind out only works one year not back to back. So im saying if its dessies plan he should cop it just as much as the players

Status
Not open for further replies.