Official Major Sponsor - Laundy Hotels

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I worked at Balgownie Pub when they owned it years ago, Arthur Laundy walked in one morning with a bottle of wine in a brown paper bag looking like a pauper. I said to him, sorry mate you can't drink that in here. Then he explains he's just dropping it off to the licencee of the pub, then started to follow me behind the bar. I turn around and told him he had to wait on the other side of the bar while I get the boss. I go tell the boss there's some old bloke to see him, boss goes out and sits with him, has a chat for a bit then the old guy leaves. Boss comes back in and told me that old bloke is Arthur Laundy, next time let him go wherever he wants in his pub.
Nice and unassuming guy, Arthur. He has a lovely home in Vaucluse, but looks like the guy who lives above the Regents Park Hotel.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair point that they might be planning something We can't see. But in the surface it seems weird to fork out the required money to sponsor a football team.

we are a south central Sydney team, so what are the laundries up to in the area? Sporties takeover ?

leagues club takeover ?
They started in the area, with the Twin Willows Hotel. I think they own the Yagoona and Regents Park hotels too (they used to own them). The Bankstown area was the start of the empire. Nostalgia, maybe?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The laundy family is extremely wealthy. The father got into the business of pubs and hotels. The family is well known because of Craig laundy, the son who was a famous federal mp for auburn at one stage. Interesting. Didn’t know they were dogs fans
Yep Craig Laundy was the Member for Reid (Silverwater-Drummoyne) 2013-19 and only bailed from politics at the last election, he was close to Malcolm Turnbull. Arthur is still involved but getting on a bit so Craig is now back in the family business. He’s a good fella, so I like this link to the club.

Last edited:

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m going to wait to see how they put the sponsorship on. If it’s a vinyl sticker which I think it might be I’ll hold off till next year.
They won’t sell jerseys with the sponsor on it this year I reckon

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if the laundy’s past involvement with the liberal party will help us with the belmore upgrade project

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They started in the area, with the Twin Willows Hotel. I think they own the Yagoona and Regents Park hotels too (they used to own them). The Bankstown area was the start of the empire. Nostalgia, maybe?
Kudos in particular to the Board member who started the ball rolling months ago. The Laundy Group was 1 of many possible major sponsors.
Their first pub was the Sackville at Rozelle. The Laundy Group head office is in Bass Hill:-Bulldogs territory

Great news,hoping Craig can utilise his political experience. Hopefully there will be an announcement in the near future of a JV between the Bulldogs & the Laundy Group in the Greater Western Sydney suburb of Liverpool.
We’re on the way to being the powerhouse Club again,

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Great news,hoping Craig can utilise his political experience. Hopefully there will be an announcement in the near future of a JV between the Bulldogs & the Laundy Group in the Greater Western Sydney suburb of Liverpool.
Craig Laundy was a Liberal Federal Politician, unfortunately not of much use to us. We need NSW State political clout, which we don't have with the current useless Labor members for Canterbury and Bankstown.

Go Dogs

A

Alexander the Great

I worked at Balgownie Pub when they owned it years ago, Arthur Laundy walked in one morning with a bottle of wine in a brown paper bag looking like a pauper. I said to him, sorry mate you can't drink that in here. Then he explains he's just dropping it off to the licencee of the pub, then started to follow me behind the bar. I turn around and told him he had to wait on the other side of the bar while I get the boss. I go tell the boss there's some old bloke to see him, boss goes out and sits with him, has a chat for a bit then the old guy leaves. Boss comes back in and told me that old bloke is Arthur Laundy, next time let him go wherever he wants in his pub.
At least he knew you were doing your job mate. He would have respected that.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
At least he knew you were doing your job mate. He would have respected that.
And he didn't sack Noeasyday on the spot! :grinning:

This sponsor has added benefits.

One of the rorters lurks to sign on is "job for as long as you want after footy" at one of their many sports clubs etc Politis has bought.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
probably waiting for jerseys to be made etc
Could be, but remember how they were going to play Rashays - deal was due to be signed two days before Round 1 and the players run out with the sponsored jersey as a surprise. So it’s possible to get some playing kit ready relatively quickly, but may not be for this Sunday.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could be, but remember how they were going to play Rashays - deal was due to be signed two days before Round 1 and the players run out with the sponsored jersey as a surprise. So it’s possible to get some playing kit ready relatively quickly, but may not be for this Sunday.
They should be able to get them ready before Sunday let’s be honest... turn around should be within a day for stuff like this. It’s only 20 jerseys

harks76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was sitting in Panania pub after work having a beer and a bloke brings me over a Schooner sits down and asks "What do you and don't you like about the pub"

It was Arthur Laundy, Had a chat for about 20mins. Was a good honest down to earth bloke.

Was only a few years later when I rocked up and all the Dogs players were there at a time when shit wasnt going well under Des.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Craig Laundy was a Liberal Federal Politician, unfortunately not of much use to us. We need NSW State political clout, which we don't have with the current useless Labor members for Canterbury and Bankstown.

Go Dogs
He will have the ear of the NSW Liberal leader. I've interviewed Jason Clare and Jihad Dib on 2BACR, and both have told me how much respect they have for Craig. Outside parliament, some friendships are formed despite political alliances. Craig would be a good lobbyist for us.

Achilles

Back to Belmore
Reaction score
IMG_3869.JPG
This guy must be John Ballesty (Canterbury director) son. Looks like he might have been the middle man in the deal. He works for Laundy