Official Major Sponsor - Laundy Hotels

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got in before me :-)
I've tried to close out the V below the logo (though it'd probably look better to close the V above the logo) and this one has Sydney Tools as well, modelled by Nick Meaney... worth a purchase I reckon...
View attachment 16149
I’m going to wait to see how they put the sponsorship on. If it’s a vinyl sticker which I think it might be I’ll hold off till next year.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet they announce it he same day they tell us they are giving JO & CHN the flick.
Did someone predict that they would announce our new sponsor on the day they got rid of CHN??? I was wrong about JO though, thought he'd go too.

The good old " Negative story over there" BUT LOOK AT THE POSITIVE STORY OVER HERE TRICK.... that old chestnut.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wtf is laundy hotels? Never heard of em
It's a group that owns a shit load of pubs, hotels and bottles shops. I used to service some of them as a wine sales rep along the South Coast and parts of NSW.
Next time you're at your local, ask the question - you might be at a Laundy's.

I got to give them credit though, to splash the cash right now with all these Covid restrictions directly affecting their businesses takes balls.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’m going to wait to see how they put the sponsorship on. If it’s a vinyl sticker which I think it might be I’ll hold off till next year.
If the deal is to the end of 2022 as reported hopefully they take the time to do it properly and not just slap it on...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the deal is to the end of 2022 as reported hopefully they take the time to do it properly and not just slap it on...
They might be able to produce a set of playing jerseys but I doubt they will have enough time to produce anything for the fans. I have never checked but I assume all of Classics stuff gets made in China so they’d be very lucky to reach here in 10 weeks when our season ends.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They might be able to produce a set of playing jerseys but I doubt they will have enough time to produce anything for the fans. I have never checked but I assume all of Classics stuff gets made in China so they’d be very lucky to reach here in 10 weeks when our season ends.
Agree but I’m guessing Laundy’s want it done properly but ASAP for exposure if they’re paying but I’m sure outside the players kit the club will want supporter merch ready to go for the Xmas buying season too. Will be interesting to see.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Explain to a thug why laundry want to sponsor us?
I mean what kind of brand recognition does a governing entity over brands need?

Like I understand a certain hotel but when you got to a Launfry pub you haven't seen before You don't exactly know whether it's a HemmeS, woolies. Laundry or Slick kick hotel ?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Explain to a thug why laundry want to sponsor us?
I mean what kind of brand recognition does a governing entity over brands need?

Like I understand a certain hotel but when you got to a Launfry pub you haven't seen before You don't exactly know whether it's a HemmeS, woolies. Laundry or Slick kick hotel ?
Pretty good point .

Maybe they want better brand recognition though and this is the first step in doing that. They may want you to know you are in one of their pubs

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty good point .

Maybe they want better brand recognition though and this is the first step in doing that. They may want you to know you are in one of their pubs
Fair point that they might be planning something We can't see. But in the surface it seems weird to fork out the required money to sponsor a football team.

we are a south central Sydney team, so what are the laundries up to in the area? Sporties takeover ?

leagues club takeover ?

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Laundys pub empire is worth $250m and growing ... this $500k they will put up is chum change for them but great for us.
They are also the owners of the new pub- The Locker Room at Sydney Olympic Park..

Big money company who most likely made a deal with dogs to hold functions at some of their venues..
Hopefully none of their pubs have rooftop bars visible from rothfields joint

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I worked at Balgownie Pub when they owned it years ago, Arthur Laundy walked in one morning with a bottle of wine in a brown paper bag looking like a pauper. I said to him, sorry mate you can't drink that in here. Then he explains he's just dropping it off to the licencee of the pub, then started to follow me behind the bar. I turn around and told him he had to wait on the other side of the bar while I get the boss. I go tell the boss there's some old bloke to see him, boss goes out and sits with him, has a chat for a bit then the old guy leaves. Boss comes back in and told me that old bloke is Arthur Laundy, next time let him go wherever he wants in his pub.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a group that owns a shit load of pubs, hotels and bottles shops. I used to service some of them as a wine sales rep along the South Coast and parts of NSW.
Next time you're at your local, ask the question - you might be at a Laundy's.

I got to give them credit though, to splash the cash right now with all these Covid restrictions directly affecting their businesses takes balls.
I knew Arthur Laundy years ago- a really nice guy. His son, Craig is a retired federal politician for the LNP. A popular guy,and well like by all politicians.
The family has some good connections in business and politics; so could be very handy if we want to push or our own home ground.

Malla

Reaction score
Its great news for the club. I don't understand why people are complaining.

To secure a sponsor while we are dead last and during this pandemic, is a pretty good effort from the club.

I think not having Rashays on board is a bit of a blessing in disguise. That restaurant chain will be broke in 2-3 years because of this covid shit.