For 2020
We are definitely going for a
1 Hooker......Smith ?
2 Prop..........Thompson ?
3 Center.......???????????

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as I like having good forwards at the club, is a big money prop a priority? I haven't seen Thompson play and haven't got any idea what our cap situation is now like. But I'm willing to trust the judgement of the club if we're chasing him. I am just surprised to see us going in this direction with our signings.

If he signs with us for anything close to marquee money I really hope he's capable of being a powerhouse for us every week.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just for the record, I mentioned the rumour floating around about us getting Luke Thompson to a Bulldogs director over the weekend.

The response: "You're very cheeky"

Anyone want to interpret what this response might mean?
It means, mind your own business, you stickybeak. hehe

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do we need a prop?

It's easy to say we need a hooker and / or centre more but if a good prop comes on the market then I'm all going for him. Gotta be good though!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People asked the same questions when.we signed CHN. We already had second rowers but you sign the best player available and work the rest out later. And now CHN is our best second rower...

The same would apply with Thompson and as mentioned before, he is quite mobile and played lock for England against NZ.

If he comes he would become our best prop. Tolman is off contract in 2021 so he's not a long term option. Martin will probably leave so Tolman and Napa could start up front with Thompson at lock next year if he came..

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thompson signing must be a priority. We need more muscle up front.
With him, Napa and Ogden, we will have some firepower.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All I could say is this is the clubs plan for 2020.
For 2021 year there will be some great surprises !!!
We are due surely. As long as its better than Des/Castles previous 5 year plan ill be happy

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Or

Hooker - Levi
Prop - Thompson
Centre - Ramien
Levi is like their Lichaa. Keeps getting the starting hooker job despite being average for years. Has one good game and five bad games and frustrates the hell out of the coaches and fans.

I'd much rather they went after Roache but NZ would want to hold onto him with Luke at the end of his career.

I'd be pumped if we ended up with Thompson and a centre like Ramien though.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Levi is like their Lichaa. Keeps getting the starting hooker job despite being average for years. Has one good game and five bad games and frustrates the hell out of the coaches and fans.

I'd much rather they went after Roache but NZ would want to hold onto him with Luke at the end of his career.

I'd be pumped if we ended up with Thompson and a centre like Ramien though.
Pretty sure Roach is Warriors 3rd choice hooker though right, after Luke and Tevaga? Cant see him demading too much coin.

Agree on Ramien though cant see it happening either.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty sure Roach is Warriors 3rd choice hooker though right, after Luke and Tevaga? Cant see him demading too much coin.

Agree on Ramien though cant see it happening either.
Its bizarre. They have three guys that can play hooker playing each week and all have stints there. Tevega is used mainly as a lock or second rower though. Luke will head elsewhere soon enough.

If Roache could be nabbed then yeah, he wouldn't cost a lot and would be a great buy.

I agree on Ramien. I don't see him leaving but most clubs would be after him if he did.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Levi played well on the weekend, but havent really noticed him any other games.
Know it's not likely to happen but Brandon Smith would be ideal. havent seen Robson play at all so cant comment.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is Brandon Smith a hooker? I thought he was more of a backrower type player or general utility?
I just had a look on the Storm website, it says Hooker.
I must not be paying much attention to him on the field. I can swear he runs like a backrower