Luke Thompson AU bound

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve been critical of the media department before and they should put out more. I am glad we don’t feed the media on potential signings though which I know upsets some on here.
I am still stunned people are finding a negative in what the club has not only done to get Thompson but to get him early when no non-Australians are even allowed to come into the country.
Some on here are always negative and would still complain if we signed the whole kangaroos team
actually I’m critical of the government , the nrl and the club for letting him in the country. He should be back in England .

he is not an Australian citizen and like rest of the world he should not be allowed to enter the country.

ffs we have had I think only 3 community transmissions in about 21 days here in NSW ,but my life is under restrictions and if want to go dinner have to give my details , but yeh let’s bring in people from overseas so they can play footy , especially someone from a country that does not have it under control. Once I have my full set of freedoms back I’m happy for them to let foreigners in for work purposes.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One extreme to the other mate.
No-one ‘praised the club for getting a bike’.

The Warriors situation was very different.
The Mayor of Tamworth saw the economic benefit to the town of hosting the team and lent in on a number of items, including getting the airport re-classified as international for that one day they arrived.
Doubt it was the Mayor of Tamworth. He’s not that bright!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Doubt it was the Mayor of Tamworth. He’s not that bright!!
Obviously not solely.
But unlike Albury who were divided and wanted to lock out the Storm, Tamworth was the complete opposite.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
actually I’m critical of the government , the nrl and the club for letting him in the country. He should be back in England .

he is not an Australian citizen and like rest of the world he should not be allowed to enter the country.

ffs we have had I think only 3 community transmissions in about 21 days here in NSW ,but my life is under restrictions and if want to go dinner have to give my details , but yeh let’s bring in people from overseas so they can play footy , especially someone from a country that does not have it under control. Once I have my full set of freedoms back I’m happy for them to let foreigners in for work purposes.
I agree with you mate and these restrictions are driving me crazy too.
I guess I’m just happy we’ve finally had some luck and something go our way.
I’d be pissed off if he was going to a scum club like Manly or the roosters

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I want to see us perform better but your post hit the nail on the head. No-ones life is worth more than footy.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His arrival here is not the reason for the lockdown rules and all the restrictions being applied atm. If its the risk we are talking about, well, they have the quarantine requirements for that.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I was one of these cats who came out publically and said Thompson was no chance to come due to the visa rules. Right now I still don't understand what trick they pulled, but good to see The dogs still have a few shifty wog connections in high places that did good, and pulled off a Harold Houdini.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was one of these cats who came out publically and said Thompson was no chance to come due to the visa rules. Right now I still don't understand what trick they pulled, but good to see The dogs still have a few shifty wog connections in high places that did good, and pulled off a Harold Houdini.
Mate you like pushing the boundaries.
Wtf is wrong with you?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So he's in Melbourne completing 14 day iso in a hotel. There is talk of wanting anyone from Melb coming into NSW to complete 14 day iso.

He's fucked [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So he's in Melbourne completing 14 day iso in a hotel. There is talk of wanting anyone from Melb coming into NSW to complete 14 day iso.

He's fucked [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
This club is cursed at the minute!

He’s only got 4 days left hopefully he can get out before the Vic to NSW isolation becomes a thing.
F7477E09-2BB2-4817-ABB4-2E72524EB615.png