Luke Thompson AU bound

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You would think at the crowne they could let him or book the gym separately everyday for an hour or so with a few other patrons allowed?
Seems like a cracking lad, will fit in well.
Will lead the other boys and show em how its done.
Welcome big fella!
If bupa looked like the sick version of tolman then this guy is bupa platinum. How old is he? 25? :p looks just as bad as graham who is 10 years older :p you can tell he has been in a few scrums :p

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he was going to the roosters that hotel room would be full with hookers and cocaine

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think thats a piss poor effort by the club by not having his room set up already with all the gym equipment..
He's been in there a few days with only a bike,he loves his fitness and he'd be wanting to be ready and raring when he joins the rest of the boys.
Very unprofessional!
I watched the video and I thought exactly the same thing. Hill and Lynne flew to England to sign him then we get him early while the rest of the team is playing shit, the bloke seems to love fitness but what it takes a few days to get him more than an exercise bike ? Very unprofessional

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You would think at the crowne they could let him or book the gym separately everyday for an hour or so with a few other patrons allowed?
Seems like a cracking lad, will fit in well.
Will lead the other boys and show em how its done.
Welcome big fella!
I think it’s out of the crowns control why guests can do. They are guided by strict police orders that their quarantine guests can leave their rooms, only for 20min.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it’s out of the crowns control why guests can do. They are guided by strict police orders that their quarantine guests can leave their rooms, only for 20min.
Even more reason whe the equipment should have been in his room.
Something at least if you can't get bigger equipment in
Amateur hour sponsored by Lyn and Dean

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I watched the video and I thought exactly the same thing. Hill and Lynne flew to England to sign him then we get him early while the rest of the team is playing shit, the bloke seems to love fitness but what it takes a few days to get him more than an exercise bike ? Very unprofessional
Poor bloke doesn’t even have a decent banana to munch on :p it looked like it was in the hotel room since before the lockdown.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even more reason whe the equipment should have been in his room.
Something at least if you can't get bigger equipment in
Amateur hour sponsored by Lyn and Dean
Exactly. Give crown a call. Let them know the situation. And tell them to accommodate some weights, a skipping rope, a treadmill. And just give them a few $$$ for their help. And next time dogs play in town we will let steve price free on their gaming floor as a thank you.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. Give crown a call. Let them know the situation. And tell them to accommodate some weights, a skipping rope, a treadmill. And just give them a few $$$ for their help. And next time dogs play in town we will let steve price free on their gaming floor as a thank you.
Im sure there are strict quarantine rules on what can be brought in and out, but this just sounds like another fuck up under this administration to be honest.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Look, at the end of the day the club could have grabbed a few of the players, some equipment out of our own gym and taken it over before he got there. It would have taken a day at most. Fukin amateurs and not the way to welcome a quality player! If we took notice I'm sure other potential players may have.........

The attention to detail is seriously lacking and that's big fuk up IMO.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wow. Any opportunity to sledge the club.
I guess overlooking the fact that Thompson’s release was secured last Thursday, he was on a plane on Saturday and arrived on Monday morning. Not to mention restrictions and realities of what can and can’t be brought in.

Gee, maybe it’s even possible the club asked Thommo what he wanted and felt he needed for this period?

But no - automatic assumption the whole thing was an incompetent cock up.

Some of you would complain the Powerball dirtied your jeans if it fell in your lap :-).

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I guess overlooking the fact that Thompson’s release was secured last Thursday, he was on a plane on Saturday and arrived on Monday morning. Not to mention restrictions and realities of what can and can’t be brought in.

Gee, maybe it’s even possible the club asked Thommo what he wanted and felt he needed for this period?

Some of you would complain that the Powerball dirtied your jeans if it fell in your lap :-).
What the fuk are you talking about?

He constantly mentions in his video about gym equipment for his room but to his credit he doesn't show the disappointment, legend!

The earlier articles say that they will set him up with gear in his room because he's a fitness freak and want's it so he can hit the ground running after the 14 days.

It will be harder to get stuff to him now, being in quarantine but even with the time line you mention how hard would it be for the club to hire a truck, grab 6 players and take some equipment out of Belmore over to his room? Pay for the cleaners to go in after, disinfect the room and done! The club would have had about 3 days to get it done!

Fuk, I'm certain that had this occurred for him that it would have made a huge impression, especially if his team mates were involved.

These are the things that make a difference.

Really mate?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Some of you would complain the Powerball dirtied your jeans if it fell in your lap :-).
That’s right. They sound like dragons supporters. I know people who were in forced quarantine after returning to Australia and they requested and were denied any exercise equipment. That was in Sydney. Victoria are even stricter. That’s common sense though and doesn’t fit the narrative of the negative Nancy’s

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What the fuk are you talking about?

He constantly mentions in his video about gym equipment for his room but to his credit he doesn't show the disappointment, legend!

The earlier articles say that they will set him up with gear in his room because he's a fitness freak and want's it so he can hit the ground running after the 14 days.

It will be harder to get stuff to him now, being in quarantine but even with the time line you mention how hard would it be for the club to hire a truck, grab 6 players and take some equipment out of Belmore over to his room? Pay for the cleaners to go in after, disinfect the room and done! The club would have had about 3 days to get it done!

Fuk, I'm certain that had this occurred for him that it would have made a huge impression, especially if his team mates were involved.

These are the things that make a difference.

Really mate?
Er, he’s in Melbourne.
Hire a truck and take stuff from Belmore?
Really?
It’s a hotel room. That the government is paying for, so you can be assured it’s not the high rollers suite at Crown.

You think turning it into a Fitness First in a couple of days for a two week period is both feasible and necessary?

So yes mate - really.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That’s right. They sound like dragons supporters. I know people who were in forced quarantine after returning to Australia and they requested and were denied any exercise equipment. That was in Sydney. Victoria are even stricter. That’s common sense though and doesn’t fit the narrative of the negative Nancy’s
What about the narrative of making excuses no matter what? This period of crap has bred a bunch of people who spend their time making and living by excuses instead of calling it how it is.