Luke Thompson AU bound

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Er, he’s in Melbourne.
Hire a truck and take stuff from Belmore?
Really?
It’s a hotel room. That the government is paying for, so you can be assured it’s not the high rollers suite at Crown.

You think turning it into a Fitness First in a couple of days for a two week period is both feasible and necessary?

So yes mate - really.
Treadmill, elliptical trainer, row machine..... not fukin hard!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What about the narrative of making excuses no matter what? This period of crap has bred a bunch of people who spend their time making and living by excuses instead of calling it how it is.
If factual information is excuses

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Treadmill, elliptical trainer, row machine..... not fukin hard!
You might want to check Victorian Government policies on those things before you assume anything else.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You might want to check Victorian Government policies on those things before you assume anything else.
So your saying their is no way on earth that the club can get equipment into his room before he got there? If that is the case then why did they tell him they would do it then? And not shut the fuk up in the first place?

No current border restrictions in place for Victoria or NSW.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So your saying their is no way on earth that the club can get equipment into his room before he got there? If that is the case then why did they tell him they would do it then? And not shut the fuk up in the first place?
I assume you’ve checked into a hotel before. You have a reservation but you don’t get assigned ‘a room’ until you’re there. Not to mention the small number of isolated rooms for this purpose. There’s a number of logistical and compliance measures under lockdown mate and it’s not simply a case that the club were slack.

I’d say it’s likely they told him they would supply whatever they could under the restrictions.

It’s also not the clubs choice he’s in Melbourne - do you think they would’ve wanted that regardless of the isolation requirement?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Very suitable avatar that for sure!
That’s for sure mate. It gets a workout a dozen times a day on here when people assume (always negatively) what the club are and aren’t doing instead of talking to them, becoming a member, going to meetings and building relationships etc to get factual information

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Because I’d say it’s likely they told him they would supply whatever they could under the restrictions. It’s also not the clubs choice he’s in Melbourne - do you think they would’ve wanted that regardless of the isolation requirement?
Exactly right mate. They’d get him a 150 metre room with AstroTurf if they could but had restrictions to deal with. We are lucky he’s even in the country but of course that’s not good enough!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even more reason whe the equipment should have been in his room.
Something at least if you can't get bigger equipment in
Amateur hour sponsored by Lyn and Dean
Do you really think Lyn would know what he would need in his room? This is solely on the coaching group

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That’s for sure mate. It gets a workout a dozen times a day on here when people assume (always negatively) what the club are and aren’t doing instead of talking to them, becoming a member, going to meetings and building relationships etc to get factual information
I bet it does! Lucky your wearing it full time. I'm not talking about meetings, memberships, I'm talking about getting shite done. People aren't always negative, just that these guys give the ammo and some people are prepared to call things on how they look and aren't locked into either side (for or against). If the club want's more people to have the "factual information" as you call it then they can feel free to put more information out there. Otherwise, being a fan is a perception. We only know what the club tells us and what we can see. If they want it better, then work better! Attention to detail!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Exactly right mate. They’d get him a 150 metre room with AstroTurf if they could but had restrictions to deal with. We are lucky he’s even in the country but of course that’s not good enough!
Don't turn it, said nothing negative about him being in the Country.......that's fukin awesome!

What I'm talking about is being professional, they got a bike in there, that's obviously do-able. Treadmill, row machine, elliptical trainer. Not hard. Probably sitting in the hotel gym, club could have done a deal with the hotel to have it in there for them? Thinking outside the box and doing shite isn't that hard. Stuff that successful clubs do as bread and butter.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I bet it does! Lucky your wearing it full time. I'm not talking about meetings, memberships, I'm talking about getting shite done. People aren't always negative, just that these guys give the ammo and some people are prepared to call things on how they look and aren't locked into either side (for or against). If the club want's more people to have the "factual information" as you call it then they can feel free to put more information out there. Otherwise, being a fan is a perception. We only know what the club tells us and what we can see. If they want it better, then work better! Attention to detail!
I’ve been critical of the media department before and they should put out more. I am glad we don’t feed the media on potential signings though which I know upsets some on here.
I am still stunned people are finding a negative in what the club has not only done to get Thompson but to get him early when no non-Australians are even allowed to come into the country.
Some on here are always negative and would still complain if we signed the whole kangaroos team

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't turn it, said nothing negative about him being in the Country.......that's fukin awesome!

What I'm talking about is being professional, they got a bike in there, that's obviously do-able. Treadmill, row machine, elliptical trainer. Not hard. Probably sitting in the hotel gym, club could have done a deal with the hotel to have it in there for them? Thinking outside the box and doing shite isn't that hard. Stuff that successful clubs do as bread and butter.
Did you read my original post mate? The one where you talked about excuses?
It was a process and when others aren’t allowed any gym equipment it wasn’t easy. Do you honestly believe the club didn’t even try to get him more than an exercise bike? Come on mate

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shame he couldn't have got a flight direct to Sydney and done his iso here. I wonder if they just put him on the first flight available or if Melbourne was the only destination currently running from England.

Sounds like a whole heap of boxes are going to arrive today and the poor **** will have to set it all up by himself. I'm sure government bureaucracy is hard to deal with but it does seem sloppy by the club that it's taken so long to get him some strength training gear. Surely they could have gotten quick delivery of a basic bench, some dumbbells and kettle bells even if they couldn't pre setup his room.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Ok, I've said my piece whether people agree or not. I am stoked that he is here and have been excited by his signature from day dot. I am proud of the club for what they did to get him here and early, they did well.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At the end of the day. The people saying the club is doing an amazing job for giving him a bike and defending the club.

warriors had full training facilities for 2 weeks. So it’s silly to say you aren’t allowed this or that. Where there is a will there is a way.

If Kerry stokes avoids quarantine all together and warriors get put up in a place with access to full gyms, training facilities and a field. I’m sure it’s ok to give a professional athlete a handful of equipment before he gets to his room. And the club should have covered the cost to do this. It’s a bit late once he is in there unless they set up another room and he moves to that.

But still soft to have a bike and expect him to be ready in 15 days time from now for first grade.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
At the end of the day. The people saying the club is doing an amazing job for giving him a bike and defending the club.

warriors had full training facilities for 2 weeks. So it’s silly to say you aren’t allowed this or that. Where there is a will there is a way.

If Kerry stokes avoids quarantine all together and warriors get put up in a place with access to full gyms, training facilities and a field. I’m sure it’s ok to give a professional athlete a handful of equipment before he gets to his room. And the club should have covered the cost to do this. It’s a bit late once he is in there unless they set up another room and he moves to that.

But still soft to have a bike and expect him to be ready in 15 days time from now for first grade.
One extreme to the other mate.
No-one ‘praised the club for getting a bike’.

The Warriors situation was very different.
The Mayor of Tamworth saw the economic benefit to the town of hosting the team and lent in on a number of items, including getting the airport re-classified as international for that one day they arrived.

Crown is a hotel. They only care about people coming and going and getting paid for it - even better when the feds are footing the bill.

Victorian and NSW policies are different under lockdown. I know being a frequent interstate traveller pre-Covid and there’s things I can do in Sydney I can’t in Melbourne right now. Club had no control that Thommo would fly into Melbourne and not Sydney.

So it’s neither praise nor failure - it is what it is under restricted circumstances. The sooner we can get him to Sydney and amongst the team and more importantly on the field no doubt the better and that’s what will be done.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's like a modern day Rocky montage, just needs the music