LoL @ Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm calling it. After tonight's 44-6 Cowboys butt rape of the Eels the Eels are the 2018 spoon recipients / winners.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Suck Shit You Para Scum 44 - 6 Hahahahahahaha

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Permalink Reply by The True Parra fan 3 hours ago
Would love to see the pic also
Permalink Reply by Snake Plissken 3 hours ago

ANYBODY REMEMBER BA PROMISING NO MORE WOODEN SPOONS FOR THE CLUB UNDER HIS WATCH?

Can anybody find that article/interview?
Permalink Reply by Chief "1 Eyed Rams" 3 hours ago
Yes i definitely remember that article. Definitely said "there'll be no spoons under my coaching"

NEW Eels coach Brad Arthur has come out swinging, declaring: We definitely won't be getting another wooden spoon.

In his first sit-down interview since being appointed Parramatta coach, Arthur told News Limited his team would play next season with "an attitude of win-at-all-costs. It’s a new time for Parramatta".

Arthur said he was keen to make the Eels a rugby league powerhouse again.

Reminded Parramatta had claimed two successive wooden spoons, Arthur said: "Yeah, well we won’t be getting three . . . we definitely won’t be getting three wooden spoons".

Asked how he could be so certain, Arthur said: "Number one, the young blokes that are here who have come through the club in the last 12 months.

"Then we have the new players like Nathan Peats, Corey Norman, Lee Mossop and Will Hopoate. And then you mix that with Jarryd Hayne, who has averaged 12 or 14 games over the past couple of years.

"We want to make sure we get him nice and fit, nice and strong and playing his best footy.

"Timmy Mannah, Joseph Paulo, Luke Kelly — there’s good talent already here.

"We will be training all pre-season with a positive attitude and come round one we are in the same position as everyone else. Everyone is fighting to make the top eight and our goal won’t be any different.

"We want to make sure we are taking the field with an attitude of win at all costs.

"I know we won’t win every game but we need to make sure we have a winning attitude.

"We want the fans to know that every week we will be playing with passion and that we’re playing for our logo and our fans."

Parramatta players have been sapped of confidence in recent years.

Aside from wooden spoons, despondent players have been forced to contend with sacked coaches, axed CEOs and fractured boards.

Arthur said the club is now only looking forward.

"We have new players, it’s a new time for Parramatta, a new coach and I have my own philosophies and style," he said.

"I know we won’t be re-living or talking about what has happened here in the past. It’s about what is going to happen and everything is going to be positive from here on."

Parramatta are classic under-achievers. Four premierships in 66 years — all crammed in six years.

"Everyone is asking me why do I want to go back to Parramatta," he said.

"The obvious answer to people is that I want to coach an NRL team. But it’s more than that.

"I played all my juniors here, I played SG Ball here, under-21s, a bit of reserve grade.

"This is more to me than just a job — it is a passion."

Originally published as Brad's Parra promise: No more spoons

A few fans Parra fans on the 1eyedeel forum have pointed out Brad Arthur was seen laughing and joking in the change rooms at half time. I caught a glimpse and thought it was bordering on a sackable offence that a team's coach was laughing when his team was down by almost 40 points but then I remember it's only Parra and a sense of I don't give a fuck came over me.

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Eels love a wooden spoon.. the kinky bastards

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hahahahah our of every club, this is the one I want to come last for 10 years in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.