Living in Aussie Land

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You've got to factor in what your kids will need education and work opportunities wise in the future too.
No idea about Perth, but I grew up in Wollongong and having all the universities of Sydney only an hour away was pretty handy. Wollongong uni is highly regarded as well, but didn't offer the course I was after. Real Estate in Wollongong while cheaper than Sydney is still pretty high too, not Sydney levels though.
I live near Canberra now and I'm not the biggest fan but I came here for work opportunities and that side of things went well. The lifestyle is good with young kids and the real estate market is still reasonable at the moment.
I'd love to move back to the coast, either Batemans Bay or the Bega area, but the missus is a public servant so we're stuck in Canberra for now. Even more so after she saw Elliott's schlong on mad Monday and she heard he's moving down...

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You've got to factor in what your kids will need education and work opportunities wise in the future too.
No idea about Perth, but I grew up in Wollongong and having all the universities of Sydney only an hour away was pretty handy. Wollongong uni is highly regarded as well, but didn't offer the course I was after. Real Estate in Wollongong while cheaper than Sydney is still pretty high too, not Sydney levels though.
I live near Canberra now and I'm not the biggest fan but I came here for work opportunities and that side of things went well. The lifestyle is good with young kids and the real estate market is still reasonable at the moment.
I'd love to move back to the coast, either Batemans Bay or the Bega area, but the missus is a public servant so we're stuck in Canberra for now. Even more so after she saw Elliott's schlong on mad Monday and she heard he's moving down...
This is gold man, i LOL'd fucken hard.

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd love to move back to the coast, either Batemans Bay or the Bega area, but the missus is a public servant so we're stuck in Canberra for now. Even more so after she saw 'Elliott's schlong' on mad Monday and she heard he's moving down...
Hate to dissappoint your Mrs Noeasyday but Adam is spoken for. Him and Millie are in a long distance relationship. The funny thing is that the 'loooong' distance Millie refers to with a glint in her eye has absolutely nothing to do with living separately in Canberra and Brisbane???

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Skaf gang is those brothers from Bankstown, right? Sorry, haven't been in Sydney for so long.

Where's there?

Being honest, what happened with those brothers does freak me out and make me worried for my daughter.

So, thats white common?
It was in Queensland apparently but the wise woman said it was all of society so I guess it doesn’t matter where you go it’s going to happen. Pretty scary

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Australia will always be the best but there will always be room for improvement, society will always be a dictated disgrace but nothing will stop land value.
The Hunter expressway has opened up options in the region.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was in Queensland apparently but the wise woman said it was all of society so I guess it doesn’t matter where you go it’s going to happen. Pretty scary
Ha. All this time I was thinking it was a guy saying this. I didn't realise we had that many females on here?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sydney is not dangerous but too expensive so if you can find employment in Perth go there.
Aye spent a few months in Perth its great, some areas total shit fights, and seems to be a bit of a meth and mullet pandemic, but very different lifestyle, loved the freo area ,if I were younger and had my time again I would of settled there 20 years ago , then maybe I would of got the whole family mullets , probably not a meth habit, but definitely a mullet

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Aye spent a few months in Perth its great, some areas total shit fights, and seems to be a bit of a meth and mullet pandemic, but very different lifestyle, loved the freo area ,if I were younger and had my time again I would of settled there 20 years ago , then maybe I would of got the whole family mullets , probably not a meth habit, but definitely a mullet
What have you got against meth? I'm offended by that statement and want you to take it back

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Australia will always be the best but there will always be room for improvement, society will always be a dictated disgrace but nothing will stop land value.
The Hunter expressway has opened up options in the region.
Everyone says there country is the best, I reakon I could easily live in a pick of 50 or so countries and be happy, definitely not Wales though, the smell of off mutton and cabbage would drive me insane, and the welsh them selves, Ireland would be nice but I'd get annoyed with some whinny little leprechaun telling me only the Irish know how to make beer and whiskey, ahh fuck it I'm staying put.....

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yeah I would move somewhere like Freo if there was work and this thread inspired me to rant about the prices in Sydney.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would move somewhere like Freo if there was work and this thread inspired me to rant about the prices in Sydney.
I still can't come to terms places charge $20plus for a hamburger, I couldn't give a fuck if it has truffles and some stupid fucking cheese I can't even pronounce ,they meant to be a cheap quick fix , the price of food in general shits me I don't mind paying for shit I can't make at home , I got stung the other day 2 toasted cheese sandwiches and 2 cans of coke 38 bucks!!!! All because they put gourmet in the title there was nothing fucking gourmet about it ,it was a fucking toasted cheese sandwich.
Lol now I'm on a rant actually fuck Australian prices on stuff

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I still can't come to terms places charge $20plus for a hamburger, I couldn't give a fuck if it has truffles and some stupid fucking cheese I can't even pronounce ,they meant to be a cheap quick fix , the price of food in general shits me I don't mind paying for shit I can't make at home , I got stung the other day 2 toasted cheese sandwiches and 2 cans of coke 38 bucks!!!! All because they put gourmet in the title there was nothing fucking gourmet about it ,it was a fucking toasted cheese sandwich.
Lol now I'm on a rant actually fuck Australian prices on stuff
I bought a round at the old Oxford Taven the other day as we finally met up with old mates after lockdowns and I was like nah nah nah nah I’m feeling festive I’ll get this one it was like two jugs and two Aporol spritz and it was almost $80 bucks WTF??

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I bought a round at the old Oxford Taven the other day as we finally met up with old mates after lockdowns and I was like nah nah nah nah I’m feeling festive I’ll get this one it was like two jugs and two Aporol spritz and it was almost $80 bucks WTF??
It's fucking insane any 7/11 in Asian countries can grab a pack of darts, 4 ,500ml cans of beer and a bento box which shits on most restaurants here for under $25

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hate to dissappoint your Mrs Noeasyday but Adam is spoken for. Him and Millie are in a long distance relationship. The funny thing is that the 'loooong' distance Millie refers to with a glint in her eye has absolutely nothing to do with living separately in Canberra and Brisbane???
Hahaha, a long and wide girthed distanced relationship...

• Haha
Reactions: 88

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do they still have Topless Tuesdays and jelly wrestling?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Do they still have Topless Tuesdays and jelly wrestling?
Not these days but I remember them well it’s owned by John Ibrahim now but it’s all legit has a decent American BBQ restaurant and smoker.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not these days but I remember them well it’s owned by John Ibrahim now but it’s all legit has a decent American BBQ restaurant and smoker.
I'd rather look at bewbs TBH. About 20 years ago i lived just behind the Cyprus Club (is that stll there?) in Stanmore. Tuesday nights would be 2 for 1 cook you own steaks at the Newington Hotel (although i don't see the point of cooking your own food in a pub, but my mate always did the cooking), before some jelly wrestling afterwards. Those were the days.

i think the Newington is now called the "Public house"?