Lewis has to go to 1st grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a problem with the system and players, pretty simple imo. Montoya has to cover a stupid amount of space and we are constantly caught short. There was a stoppage in play this week yet the Raiders shifted left and they had a 3 man overlap, it was ridiculous. Foran also has fuck all mobility and Hoppa isn't much better.
Yes we need to swap foran to our left with the morris boys there good in defence. Marshall can tackle would strengthen our right side. But like lewis beside him

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is 21
If he isn't ready now he will never be
At halves or center

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is too lanky , played awesome but it’s ISP, has no pace and will be found out in NRL.
He has guts. His a goer. Plays for 80 minutes. Has passion. You know what bet he has pride in his jumper too. Need guys like him in firsts. Went through 2years of watching rubbish. His good to watch. Havent seen a bulldogs player smash an opponent for years till today he did it 3times. I know its ony reserves

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is 21
If he isn't ready now he will never be
At halves or center
He has passion. He smashed 3 players today havent seen that from a bulldogs player for years who cares if its only reserves

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing wrong withJMK another kid that has promise. Agree with most of what u say but we score points need to stop leaking points on the right side which this guy can do
That's what Des said and in the end we forgot how to score points and couldn't win a game. You need attacking centres and wingers not defensive ones. That's the job of the second rowers and sadly JJ has been a bit ordinary so far this year. He's improving again but he had to. We can't leave it all up to Mbye. The defence will kill him if we do that. At the moment at least Hoppa offers a bit in attack.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
His ready
How many times have you watched him? I have watched pretty much every game he’s played in ISP for us and today he got all his reads rights there’s been plenty of times he’s had shockers in defence. He would be much better used as the utility off the bench where he can cover multiple positions then throwing him in the deep end at centre in NRL.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How many times have you watched him? I have watched pretty much every game he’s played in ISP for us and today he got all his reads rights there’s been plenty of times he’s had shockers in defence. He would be much better used as the utility off the bench where he can cover multiple positions then throwing him in the deep end at centre in NRL.
His form warrants a selection. Are we not suppose to pick form players. Big credit to you for watching all his games i havent buthave watched him play a fair bit. I can see how much he has improved and what his doing now with which what counts to me. He may be a gun player given the chance be nice to see the dogs produce a star in the making havent had one for a while appreciate you comment

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's what Des said and in the end we forgot how to score points and couldn't win a game. You need attacking centres and wingers not defensive ones. That's the job of the second rowers and sadly JJ has been a bit ordinary so far this year. He's improving again but he had to. We can't leave it all up to Mbye. The defence will kill him if we do that. At the moment at least Hoppa offers a bit in attack.
I dont agree but thats good about the kennell we all have a chance to speak our thoughts. We need defensive centres as well. As we have attacking players but our games this year have been lost in defence we can score points and as last year opposition scoring most tries on our right side. Its too soft. Opposition coaches know our weakness

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis went well, but Frawley was MOM. Cleeland went OK as well.
I would start Lewis on the wing in place of Montoya.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
His form warrants a selection. Are we not suppose to pick form players. Big credit to you for watching all his games i havent buthave watched him play a fair bit. I can see how much he has improved and what his doing now with which what counts to me. He may be a gun player given the chance be nice to see the dogs produce a star in the making havent had one for a while appreciate you comment
I’m not saying he doesn’t have potential I just don’t know if it’s the right call to throw him in the deep end after a few games at centre. He’s played in the halves his whole career until this year. To be perfectly honest I’m not sure why he’s even at centre he’s shown some pretty promising signs as a halfback over the last few years.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not saying he doesn’t have potential I just don’t know if it’s the right call to throw him in the deep end after a few games at centre. He’s played in the halves his whole career until this year. To be perfectly honest I’m not sure why he’s even at centre he’s shown some pretty promising signs as a halfback over the last few years.
Well who ever did is spot on. Can see his potental great to watch him tackle. His a bulldog but i believe his contract is up this year not sure i guess someone else will grab him if we dont. Liketo know if anyone on here knows how long his with us ?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Olive is in front of him anyway?
I'm thinking maybe give Olive a shot at centre, Hoppa to wing.
Montoya to reggies.
May help with attack:-
Hopoate is a strong runner and he will jump for the actual ball.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well who ever did is spot on. Can see his potental great to watch him tackle. His a bulldog but i believe his contract is up this year not sure i guess someone else will grab him if we dont. Liketo know if anyone on here knows how long his with us ?
He’s off contract at the end of the season it will be interesting to see what happens with him for the rest of the year.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drop Montoya before Hopoate, hopa has been one of the few decent players this year, pace is the only thing he lacks

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is Olive is in front of him anyway?
I'm thinking maybe give Olive a shot at centre, Hoppa to wing.
Montoya to reggies.
My heap with attack:-
Hopoate is a strong runner and he will jump for the actual ball.
If you go off the 21 man squads named for NRL Olive would be second behind Holland to play NRL. I’m not sure what they think of Lewis and if they put him at centre to fit him in the team with Frawley and Cleeland or if they see Lewis as a long term centre.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm more interested in Bergamin than I am about Lewis. We need speed and plenty of it and I gather Bergamin has plenty. How did he go? If he played well then I think it is time for Montoya to have a rest. He just isn't offering anything above pedestrian at the moment.
Bergamin was solid didn’t get many opportunities. Had great leg drive and hard to handle one on one. Would love to see him at fullback where he can inject himself. Possesses a great step and swerve, good passing game & is an accomplished goal kicker.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If you go off the 21 man squads named for NRL Olive would be second behind Holland to play NRL. I’m not sure what they think of Lewis and if they put him at centre to fit him in the team with Frawley and Cleeland or if they see Lewis as a long term centre.
Oh yeah.
Completely forgot about Holland.
You're right he may be next in.

Status
Not open for further replies.