Lewis has to go to 1st grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is too lanky , played awesome but it’s ISP, has no pace and will be found out in NRL.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i said it from weeks ago Lewis to right centre to stop us leaking points on the right. I have always rated Montoya but he has been absoutley shocking this year. Hoppa to the wing, Lewis wont offer much in attack but a fantastic one on one defender. For those saying this is in reserve grade he did the same to Issah Yo and peachy in the trail , shut them down

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is only my second post and its about lewis again. I said last week this guy can tackle and has great defence. He should be put in to replace hopa to plug up all those tries we are leaking on the right side. If he was there at the begining of the season we may be 5wins up . Excellent defensive player his attack will come in time. Play him in the centres . He made 10% of the teams tackles in isp and he can tackle all day. Great to watch isp congrats to the guys.
Lewis needs to spend more time in the halves. Okunbor would make a great centre just needs to improve his contact in defence & tackling technique- had size & speed. Reimis Smith was outstanding today taking hitups & bending the line also size & should be in consideration to replace Montoya.
Ogden Tualau & Toomaga laid the platform today dominating in the middle. Bergamin was solid

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want Lewis in to replace Hopoate at centre?
Surely you have to be joking!
Lewis is not a centre, he’s biding his time needs to play in the halves but with Frawley in the side he’s playing out of position but making a fair fist of the position & working well with Bergamin

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis is not a centre, he’s biding his time needs to play in the halves but with Frawley in the side he’s playing out of position but making a fair fist of the position & working well with Bergamin
I'm more interested in Bergamin than I am about Lewis. We need speed and plenty of it and I gather Bergamin has plenty. How did he go? If he played well then I think it is time for Montoya to have a rest. He just isn't offering anything above pedestrian at the moment.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm more interested in Bergamin than I am about Lewis. We need speed and plenty of it and I gather Bergamin has plenty. How did he go? If he played well then I think it is time for Montoya to have a rest. He just isn't offering anything above pedestrian at the moment.
He didnt show anything today i liked him better at fullback but two stood out today frawley attacked well but missed tackles but the commentators had there sights on lewis and Paul gallen gave him huge wraps . Lewis can be a top defensive centre his attack will come.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We’re already playing fkn shit. Might as well test this Lewis **** out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hopoate missed one on one tackle that led to a try.
Jackson has missed three.
Montoya has let in at least 5 trys from not taking the high ball or poor defensive reads.
Yes the first two games there was an issue with the Foran - Hopoate reads in defence but that seems to be fixed last two games.

Hopoate's carries are very strong.
Try assists got the cut out pass to Jmoz for try against Souths.
Inside pass to Foran after tackle break led to Foran try on Thursday.

There is 8 odd players in the team to be dropped before Hopoate!!!!!
Montoya has 9 try causes, Hoppa 5 and Jackson 3.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i said it from weeks ago Lewis to right centre to stop us leaking points on the right. I have always rated Montoya but he has been absoutley shocking this year. Hoppa to the wing, Lewis wont offer much in attack but a fantastic one on one defender. For those saying this is in reserve grade he did the same to Issah Yo and peachy in the trail , shut them down
I cant believe how good this guys defence is so good to watch some off his hits today were great

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He didnt show anything today i liked him better at fullback but two stood out today frawley attacked well but missed tackles but the commentators had there sights on lewis and Paul gallen gave him huge wraps . Lewis can be a top defensive centre his attack will come.
So how is that any different from JMK and half the people on here want him dropped. He is a gun defender but not yet firing a shot offensively. Montoya is rubbish in attack and you want another defensive centre? Great so they kick over the top and score and when we attack we have a right side full of plodders. I can see how that will be an improvement. bottom line is we need to score more points and plenty of them and to do that we need players with speed trailing Woods, Klemm and even Eastwood up the centre and more than catch and pass out wide. Someone needs to step up and vary the play -at the line - not before it all the time.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He may not off played his time as a centre only 4or5 games but has the mongrel in him his tackles today were telling us all something. Made10% if the teams tackles playing centre.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So how is that any different from JMK and half the people on here want him dropped. He is a gun defender but not yet firing a shot offensively. Montoya is rubbish in attack and you want another defensive centre? Great so they kick over the top and score and when we attack we have a right side full of plodders. I can see how that will be an improvement. bottom line is we need to score more points and plenty of them and to do that we need players with speed trailing Woods, Klemm and even Eastwood up the centre and more than catch and pass out wide. Someone needs to step up and vary the play -at the line - not before it all the time.
Nothing wrong withJMK another kid that has promise. Agree with most of what u say but we score points need to stop leaking points on the right side which this guy can do

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He may not off played his time as a centre only 4or5 games but has the mongrel in him his tackles today were telling us all something. Made10% if the teams tackles playing centre.
He made so many tackles because they targeted him he will be exhausted doing that with the extra speed of NRL football when he’s not used to it.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He made so many tackles because they targeted him he will be exhausted doing that with the extra speed of NRL football when he’s not used to it.
Well it will be tougher and faster but he will have to work on it like every other young kid that is given a go in firsts. He has it in him

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it will be tougher and faster but he will have to work on it like every other young kid that is given a go in firsts. He has it in him
He’s only played a handful of games at centre and the jump is huge to NRL. He needs more game time in ISP and if he keeps it up then give him a shot.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Issue for the coach in my view.
Because Jackson, Foran & Hopoate can tackle.
Montoya???
It's a problem with the system and players, pretty simple imo. Montoya has to cover a stupid amount of space and we are constantly caught short. There was a stoppage in play this week yet the Raiders shifted left and they had a 3 man overlap, it was ridiculous. Foran also has fuck all mobility and Hoppa isn't much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.