Lewis > Averillo and Flanagan

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m saying if there’s an opportunity to cut loose Flanagan and/or Wakeham early then I’m signing Lewis straight up for another 1-2 years (short term). Considering both those 2 are a pair of sooks I’m somewhat hopeful that we can shed them.

Again, not saying he’s the answer, but our halves depth going forward looks better with Lewis amongst them rather than Flanagan/Wakeham.

It is undeniable that we’ve been at our most competitive by far when Lewis has been in the team this year.
Well if we're going to play what we'd like to happen, I want brandon Smith at hooker and Cameron Munster to partner burton in the halves.

Lewis leaves because his contract has expired

Wakeham leaves when his contract expires

Flanagan leaves when his contract expires

Thems the facts and its purely down to a matter of when their contracts expire not what we'd like to happen.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well if we're going to play what we'd like to happen, I want brandon Smith at hooker and Cameron Munster to partner burton in the halves.

Thems the facts and its purely down to a matter of when their contracts expire not what we'd like to happen.
We should sign Bruno Fernandes

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah and it was the right call. His service was slow and wayward and had our forwards on the back foot. BBO came on and was slick and we rolled forward much better.
He should have replaced Waddell

silva

Utility
Reaction score
You have a point.
Do you think Bellemy could develop any of our current halfs to be consistent quality 1st grade halfs.
He would have turned mbye into an origin half if he had him. I reckon he’d work wonders with Averillo but maybe at fullback

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll 100% play Jake ahead of him,he's a running threat and Lewis is not and it's as simple as that. My preference has always been to sign a halfback, not my fault the club didn't recruit one
Jake is not a halfback. He is not even a fringe rugby league player. If he could defend then maybe he could be A decent reserve grade Fullback or centre. That's about it.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As far as Flap-again is concerned, there is only ONE answer......

200w-1.gif

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As far as Lewis and Wakeham.....

fire-throw-out.gif

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah and it was the right call. His service was slow and wayward and had our forwards on the back foot. BBO came on and was slick and we rolled forward much better.
I wish the poor kid got to play lock or second row for once. I'd much rather see him play these last few rounds than Waddell or Doorey

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis is solid in defence, and has good boot on him. With a decent team around him, and a bit of good coaching, he'll be a great player for us. I'd put him in the forwards.

I never want to see Flanagan in a Bulldogs jersey ever again.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of the 4 of them,I would keep Lewis has a better kicking game than all of them,defensively very good,and gives 200% effort every time,and with some better players around him,could b a real asset.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He would have turned mbye into an origin half if he had him. I reckon he’d work wonders with Averillo but maybe at fullback
You may be right. Mybe jack of all trades master of none. Definitely athleticism there. Bellamy doesnt tolerate BS and would have knocked that out of him thats for sure.
Agree with Avo

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He offers a lot more than Flanagan, if he had been in the team all year we may not have won any more games but the score a little closer
There were some games Lewis might have salvaged for us.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

You and I both know that’s not always the case. Players leave clubs before their contract expires left right and centre. If they’re on the nose, they can find a new home.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They are all shit halves... Averillo could make it as a running 6 in a top tier system, but certainly not ours.