Lewis > Averillo and Flanagan

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's too little too late for Lewis. He always plays hard. I respect that. He has some skill which shows from time to time. But he's proven in four seasons that he's not a FG player. The fact that no other clubs are chasing him should make that clear.
He hasn’t even played 5 games this year?

How many has Averillo played? I think we’ve seen enough from him. He’s not a 7.

Not saying he’s a bad player. Just not a 7

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put some meat on Lewis and stick him in the forwards somewhere, his defence and kick are too good to waste.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be trying to move on Flanagan and Wakeham and keep Lewis as a back-up.
I would honestly pay full contract just to have them enjoying netflix at home and far far away from belmore. Neither with particular focus on Flanagan are rugby league players at any level in this country. They wouldnt be the best half backs in group 6 or even A grade. I throw Avo into that category also. Lewis is the only one who deserves any oranges at halftime and fulltime. The other halves need to reimburse the club for the Gatorade and strapping.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis shows promise. But he's still not reaching that promise after too many games.

Averillo shows promise. But I'm not sure he'll ever be consistent.

Flanagan shows... Well... He exists. And that's unfortunate.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He is OFF contract and people want to re-sign him.

For what exactly? How long is lewis going to accept? Minimum 2 years? So then we've clogged our cap with both lewis and Flanagan, which then limits our options to spend?

So yes by re-signing him you are suggesting a long term future.
I’m saying if there’s an opportunity to cut loose Flanagan and/or Wakeham early then I’m signing Lewis straight up for another 1-2 years (short term). Considering both those 2 are a pair of sooks I’m somewhat hopeful that we can shed them.

Again, not saying he’s the answer, but our halves depth going forward looks better with Lewis amongst them rather than Flanagan/Wakeham.

It is undeniable that we’ve been at our most competitive by far when Lewis has been in the team this year.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah and it was the right call. His service was slow and wayward and had our forwards on the back foot. BBO came on and was slick and we rolled forward much better.
Yeh I know but it’s sad, had high hopes