• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yes mate, listen to a footy player, they’ll know the contract laws. I’ll let you get back to writing cry baby posts about that board. You don’t have the brains to expose me. I was hesitant to respond to your comment when I saw who the poster was. You just seem to know everything and like Brady & Brad. As I said, check with the NRL and get back to me. An expression of interest is one thing
You do realise how stupid your making yourself look right? I should not believe an nrl
Player and believe a bloke talking out his ass on a forum? Cool! Obviously we know where your usual opinions are formed. [emoji23]

You try to call me a know it all when I just said to you posts ago the complete opposite and simply stated that a nrl player (you know the guys who actually are being paid and are aware how their life’s work) told me the way it works.

Will also say once again for you as you are rather slow on this obviously that this has nothing to do with the actual CONTRACT! This is about the approaching and discussions being allowed to be done at any time.

I believe you are very salty as being exposed of talking out your ass as you resorted to smart arse comments the moment it was proven inaccurate.

You are a prime example of the saying. The less you actually know, the more you think you know.

Won’t waste anymore time with you as it’s clear you aren’t able to accept being wrong.

So for anyone wanting to clear this up the fact is an nrl player can discuss his future at any stage and be approached before November 1. Have meetings etc.

No contracts can be registered with the nrl and I’ll November 1.

This was changed years ago.

You can’t encourage players to break contracts though they have loop wholes like it you find yourself released prior too we would be willing to discuss moving your deal forward a year etc, real shady area.

This is from a current nrl player. Simple fact.

Last edited:

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You do realise how stupid your making yourself look right? I should not believe an nrl
Player and believe a bloke talking out his ass on a forum? Cool! Obviously we know where your usual opinions are formed. [emoji23]

You try to call me a know it all when I just said to you posts ago the complete opposite and simply stated that a nrl player (you know the guys who actually are being paid and are aware how their life’s work) told me the way the it works.

Will also say once again for you as you are rather slow on this obviously that this has nothing to do with the actual CONTRACT! This is about the approaching and discussions being allowed to be done at any time.

I believe you are very salty as being exposed of talking out your ass as you resorted to smart arse comments the moment it was proven inaccurate.

You are a prime example of the saying. The less you actually know, the more you think you know.

Won’t waste anymore time with you as it’s clear you aren’t able to accept being wrong.

"NRL players", like the Storm players who signed 2 contracts, then when called out on it said: "I just signed where I was told to sign, I just want to play footy..." :laughing:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
"NRL players", like the Storm players who signed 2 contracts, then when called out on it said: "I just signed where I was told to sign, I just want to play footy..." :laughing:
Lol nice cover up hey.

Though that is again the actual contract. Nothing to do with meeting to discuss switching clubs etc.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

You try to call me a know it all when I just said to you posts ago the complete opposite and simply stated that a nrl player (you know the guys who actually are being paid and are aware how their life’s work) told me the way it works.

No mate. I am just saying an expression of interest is vastly different than making a formal offer. Common sense. It’s the NRL’s rules. I’m sure it’s breached all the time but it doesn’t change that fact. What I’m saying isn’t sinking in so I won’t waste anymore time with you

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
No mate. I am just saying an expression of interest is vastly different than making a formal offer. Common sense. It’s the NRL’s rules. I’m sure it’s breached all the time but it doesn’t change that fact. What I’m saying isn’t sinking in so I won’t waste anymore time with you
See above.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol nice cover up hey.

Though that is again the actual contract. Nothing to do with meeting to discuss switching clubs etc.

Well to be honest, I'm sure someone from the 15 other clubs at least made a call to Manu and/or his agent to gauge interest, you'd be stupid not to. But as has been said, he was resigned 3 days before we could table anything officially. I wanted Manu as much as anyone. But he re-signed...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well to be honest, I'm sure someone from the 15 other clubs at least made a call to Manu and/or his agent to gauge interest, you'd be stupid not to. But as has been said, he was resigned 3 days before we could table anything officially. I wanted Manu as much as anyone. But he re-signed...
Again, the clubs can discuss his future. Just no contract can be signed and submitted to the nrl.

In manus case I don’t think it was us or any club doing anything wrong.
More he just didn’t want to go.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've always agreed about those two and the Stimson signings as they were good signings. But we need more good signings like those and less like Napa, Sue and Chrichton etc..

We'll see what happens. If the club prioritised the development and retention of Wakeham, Averillo, Taas, Harper, Ogden, RFM and To'omaga and signed some more exciting younger talent from other clubs, then I'd be less anxious. But I'm concerned that the majority of those will be moved on and flourish elsewhere like many times before...

Knowing Pay, he'll play it safe by playing his signings and favourites over those guys any chance he gets regardless of form, especially when he's fighting for a new contract himself and will play those he thinks he can "trust" and who are "reliable".
No club hits gold on every signing its just a fact of life and Napa, Sue and Chritchton weren't THAT bad they all had some decent moments Napa especially.

I really don't have those same concerns all those players got a run in 2019 at some point except for Tass and Averillo if they show enough form I think they will get a run now they have been blooded.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He wants his million, now he's sussing out the Knights and Cowboys.
Not bad for someone who didn't cope with SOO.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No club hits gold on every signing its just a fact of life and Napa, Sue and Chritchton weren't THAT bad they all had some decent moments Napa especially.

I really don't have those same concerns all those players got a run in 2019 at some point except for Tass and Averillo if they show enough form I think they will get a run now they have been blooded.
Napa was okay. Nothing special. He had two or three good games and a few poor ones. I cant fault his effort one bit though... If he was signed for 400k and not 600-700k and on a two year deal instead of three then it wouldn't be an issue.

To'omaga should have played way more minutes and debuted a lot earlier. Ogden shouldn't have been banished to reserve grade after impressing most of the season and out performing Napa when they played together.. Now Ogden may not play at all and Renouf or RFM less because they'll likely feel obligated to play Britt.

Harper shouldn't have waited til round 25 to make his debut when he only had woefully underperforming Montoya and Holland ahead of him. He showed his talent when he dominated a much more highly rated player like Staggs. Wakeham should have got more than three games with the flashes of skill and class he showed and it was frightening that Pay planned to play him at hooker initially. Taas and Averillo will likely suffer a similar fate as the others did.

All of the above may be involved at certain points this season, but probably not as much as they should be as Pay likely prioritises his favourites and sticks with his defensive gameplan trying to win every game 6 nil.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Napa was okay. Nothing special. He had two or three good games and a few poor ones. I cant fault his effort one bit though... If he was signed for 400k and not 600-700k and on a two year deal instead of three then it wouldn't be an issue.

To'omaga should have played way more minutes and debuted a lot earlier. Ogden shouldn't have been banished to reserve grade after impressing most of the season and out performing Napa when they played together.. Now Ogden may not play at all and Renouf or RFM less because they'll likely feel obligated to play Britt.

Harper shouldn't have waited til round 25 to make his debut when he only had woefully underperforming Montoya and Holland ahead of him. He showed his talent when he dominated a much more highly rated player like Staggs. Wakeham should have got more than three games with the flashes of skill and class he showed and it was frightening that Pay planned to play him at hooker initially. Taas and Averillo will likely suffer a similar fate as the others did.

All of the above may be involved at certain points this season, but probably not as much as they should be as Pay likely prioritises his favourites and sticks with his defensive gameplan trying to win every game 6 nil.
Napa needs constant footy he seems to take some time to get back to his best after missing game time. I thought he really finished the season strongly. We did pay overs but its a lesson on why we have to be smart with out spending.

Renouf suffered that hamstring injury early in the season and it did take him a long time to get up to speed. Ogden looked fantastic with the ball but unfortunately he does have one massive flaw and that's his ruck defence he gets caught out way too much.

Harper looked nothing like a first grader for most of the year in reggies so i can fully understand why he wasn't used earlier in the season but he did perform when he got his chance.

Wakeham only played 14 games last year so injuries robbed him of game time more then anything.

Now most of these players have been blooded there isn't any excuses for not using them I'm confident they will get good game time this year except for Renouf due to his foot injury and I think he will take a while to get back up to speed.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well we know that Mundine has been a mediator in this whole thing and he wants Latrell to come to us, so maybe he has some pulling power over it.
Who has actually confirmed Mundine favours us?

More likely Souths you'd imagine.

So many red herrings.

Over it. EVERY party in this issue seems incompetent and/or out of touch in all facets of recruitment....especially our Club (from what has been reported and who they have signed so far ...which isn't satisfactory to improve the team to Top 8 let alone Top 4).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mundine advises Mitchell to 'get as much money as he can' as Tigers, Bulldogs circle
Latrell Mitchell's family friend Anthony Mundine has urged the out-of-favour Sydney Roosters star to "get as much money as he can" as the race for the representative centre's signature heats up.

Mitchell has quickly become the NRL's hottest free agent after Sydney Roosters sensationally pulled their two-year $1.6 million contract offer, with Wests Tigers emerging on Wednesday as a potential suitor along with Canterbury.

The Bulldogs have been linked to Mitchell for months and there was a further development on Wednesday, with the player telling a Canterbury board member that he wants to play fullback.

Roosters sources have told the Herald the club's powerbrokers felt they had been disrespected by Mitchell, who is off contract at the end of next season, when he decided to test his market value with other clubs and left their offer hanging.

The Roosters are also concerned about the number of people in Mitchell's ear.

Club officials believe there are as many as three player agents - Wayde Rushton, Mario Tartak and Matt Rose - offering the 22-year-old advice, as well as Mundine.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson subsequently met with Mitchell on Tuesday to tell him the offer was no longer on the table.

Roosters officials would not say whether they will head back to the negotiation table if Mitchell remained at the club in 2020 but they are quietly confident he will struggle to net offers which will blow their rescinded deal out of the water.

The public breakdown between the glamour club and one of their biggest stars comes as Mundine - who insists he is not a direct advisor of Mitchell's - told the Herald the star centre needs to look after himself and his family by "getting as much money as he can".

"He has to do what's best for him and his family, man," Mundine said.

"He has a kid and another one on the way. He has to do what's best for them and that's to get as much money as he can."

Mundine, who has known Mitchell's father Matt since he crashed on Mundine's cousin's couch during his playing days in Sydney, also questioned the Roosters' loyalty to the NSW State Origin and Kangaroos player.

"They talk about loyalty but they ain't loyal," Mundine said. "If they were, they wouldn't be saying 'we don't want you'.

"You have to look after number one. He should do whatever he wants to do."

If Mitchell is to take Mundine's advice, the Tigers have emerged as the club who may be able to offer the 22-year-old the most immediate cash.

The Tigers were on Wednesday yet to meet with Mitchell or a representative for the centre but according to a club source they are open to the prospect given they now have more than $1.5 million in cap space with Ryan Matterson and Ben Matulino off their books.

The joint venture would be able to afford Mitchell immediately, unlike almost every other Sydney-based suitor, and that could also work in their favour as the Roosters are now prepared to release Mitchell from the final year of his current contract should he find a new football home.

The Tigers are expected to enter the race for his signature soon but who else can actually afford to pay Mitchell his seven-figure asking price remains to be seen.

Mitchell's desire to play fullback could be a complication for the Bulldogs as they have both Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Nick Meaney on their books already. The club does not have the cap space to accommodate the Taree product in 2020 and neither club chief executive Andrew Hill nor coach Dean Pay have sat down with Mitchell or his management.

Elsewhere, a Souths source told the Herald they are not going to enter the race for Mitchell.

Penrith chief Brian Fletcher said on Wednesday his club had "no interest" in pursuing him.

Newcastle do not have any wiggle room in their cap for 2020 and little more in 2021, though new coach Adam O'Brien did issue a "never say never" response to questions about Mitchell on Wednesday.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mu...s-tigers-bulldogs-circle-20191106-p5381i.html

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Napa needs constant footy he seems to take some time to get back to his best after missing game time. I thought he really finished the season strongly. We did pay overs but its a lesson on why we have to be smart with out spending.

Renouf suffered that hamstring injury early in the season and it did take him a long time to get up to speed. Ogden looked fantastic with the ball but unfortunately he does have one massive flaw and that's his ruck defence he gets caught out way too much.

Harper looked nothing like a first grader for most of the year in reggies so i can fully understand why he wasn't used earlier in the season but he did perform when he got his chance.

Wakeham only played 14 games last year so injuries robbed him of game time more then anything.

Now most of these players have been blooded there isn't any excuses for not using them I'm confident they will get good game time this year except for Renouf due to his foot injury and I think he will take a while to get back up to speed.
I hope you're right and Pay does show more faith in them. Along with DWZ, Renouf was an absolute standout the last few games and dominated Haas and Fifita, the best two young forwards in the comp so he needs to play a lot more minutes this year.

Likewise Wakeham, Ogden and Harper showed glimpses of skill and class that prove they belong in the NRL. Pay just has to keep trusting the youngsters and giving them more opportunities. If not, we'll finish 12th again and with four weeks left he'll play them all but it will be too little too late and some of them might have signed elsewhere.

There is no excuse with this much cap space to not lock up these youngsters long term. And do it soon before other clubs come sniffing around!

The Andersons main election promise was to emphasise junior development and so far we've lost some promising juniors already. So let's see if they are true to their word.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that almost every player in professional sport and their manager/agent tries to get as much money as possible from teams but when Mundine says this to Latrell, then there is public outrage.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that almost every player in professional sport and their manager/agent tries to get as much money as possible from teams but when Mundine says this to Latrell, then there is public outrage.
Exactly it’s a joke.

It’s fucking 90% of players.

I mean every now and then there’s guys like Ryan, Hindmarsh, Gallen etc that no doubt could of got more $ somewhere else though it wasn’t what they wanted to do.

I hope Jackson falls in this category too.

I thought Klemmer would but we seen how that ended.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mundine advises Mitchell to 'get as much money as he can' as Tigers, Bulldogs circle
Latrell Mitchell's family friend Anthony Mundine has urged the out-of-favour Sydney Roosters star to "get as much money as he can" as the race for the representative centre's signature heats up.

Mitchell has quickly become the NRL's hottest free agent after Sydney Roosters sensationally pulled their two-year $1.6 million contract offer, with Wests Tigers emerging on Wednesday as a potential suitor along with Canterbury.

The Bulldogs have been linked to Mitchell for months and there was a further development on Wednesday, with the player telling a Canterbury board member that he wants to play fullback.

Roosters sources have told the Herald the club's powerbrokers felt they had been disrespected by Mitchell, who is off contract at the end of next season, when he decided to test his market value with other clubs and left their offer hanging.

The Roosters are also concerned about the number of people in Mitchell's ear.

Club officials believe there are as many as three player agents - Wayde Rushton, Mario Tartak and Matt Rose - offering the 22-year-old advice, as well as Mundine.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson subsequently met with Mitchell on Tuesday to tell him the offer was no longer on the table.

Roosters officials would not say whether they will head back to the negotiation table if Mitchell remained at the club in 2020 but they are quietly confident he will struggle to net offers which will blow their rescinded deal out of the water.

The public breakdown between the glamour club and one of their biggest stars comes as Mundine - who insists he is not a direct advisor of Mitchell's - told the Herald the star centre needs to look after himself and his family by "getting as much money as he can".

"He has to do what's best for him and his family, man," Mundine said.

"He has a kid and another one on the way. He has to do what's best for them and that's to get as much money as he can."

Mundine, who has known Mitchell's father Matt since he crashed on Mundine's cousin's couch during his playing days in Sydney, also questioned the Roosters' loyalty to the NSW State Origin and Kangaroos player.

"They talk about loyalty but they ain't loyal," Mundine said. "If they were, they wouldn't be saying 'we don't want you'.

"You have to look after number one. He should do whatever he wants to do."

If Mitchell is to take Mundine's advice, the Tigers have emerged as the club who may be able to offer the 22-year-old the most immediate cash.

The Tigers were on Wednesday yet to meet with Mitchell or a representative for the centre but according to a club source they are open to the prospect given they now have more than $1.5 million in cap space with Ryan Matterson and Ben Matulino off their books.

The joint venture would be able to afford Mitchell immediately, unlike almost every other Sydney-based suitor, and that could also work in their favour as the Roosters are now prepared to release Mitchell from the final year of his current contract should he find a new football home.

The Tigers are expected to enter the race for his signature soon but who else can actually afford to pay Mitchell his seven-figure asking price remains to be seen.

Mitchell's desire to play fullback could be a complication for the Bulldogs as they have both Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Nick Meaney on their books already. The club does not have the cap space to accommodate the Taree product in 2020 and neither club chief executive Andrew Hill nor coach Dean Pay have sat down with Mitchell or his management.

Elsewhere, a Souths source told the Herald they are not going to enter the race for Mitchell.

Penrith chief Brian Fletcher said on Wednesday his club had "no interest" in pursuing him.

Newcastle do not have any wiggle room in their cap for 2020 and little more in 2021, though new coach Adam O'Brien did issue a "never say never" response to questions about Mitchell on Wednesday.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mu...s-tigers-bulldogs-circle-20191106-p5381i.html
No mention of Mundine recommending the Bulldogs.

We only have the scumbag Newscorpse/Politis journos telling us what Mitchell said about playing FB, going to all these other clubs etc.

Maybe LM was seriously coming but started looking elsewhere after he read Lynne Anderson said we hadnt talked to him, before that he read that half our board had serious reservations then the media told us no one knew that George Coorey had had him over to his house.

Maybe LM thinks the Bulldogs are a trainwreck and his 3 managers and Mundine confirmed that so started looking elsewhere. There is so much rubbish being spewed out with a completely different version by the afternoon. I feel sorry for LM actually.

We've got to stop forming hard and fast opinions based on the crap we are fed.

One thing does seem clear....we are not the Club we once were in getting the job done...at this present time...so we will just have to suck it up for a lot longer :(

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly it’s a joke.

It’s fucking 90% of players.

I mean every now and then there’s guys like Ryan, Hindmarsh, Gallen etc that no doubt could of got more $ somewhere else though it wasn’t what they wanted to do.

I hope Jackson falls in this category too.

I thought Klemmer would but we seen how that ended.
Loyalty doesn't exist in today's game. IF clubs don't meet in the middle somewhere their player will leave. Enough money will always entice a player to leave. IF Jackson received a 900k-1m offer from the Knights he'd be gone. There are also players that will leave to join a more successful team for the same amount - forcing clubs to offer more to retain their players. This doesn't apply to top clubs as much and they can get away with it to an extent - people get this confused with cheating the salary cap. That's just to retain players signing players is a whole new world and again it's difficult if you ain't successful.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's probably why so many players hide behind the "looking after family excuse".