• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I hope you're right and Pay does show more faith in them. Along with DWZ, Renouf was an absolute standout the last few games and dominated Haas and Fifita, the best two young forwards in the comp so he needs to play a lot more minutes this year.

Likewise Wakeham, Ogden and Harper showed glimpses of skill and class that prove they belong in the NRL. Pay just has to keep trusting the youngsters and giving them more opportunities. If not, we'll finish 12th again and with four weeks left he'll play them all but it will be too little too late and some of them might have signed elsewhere.

There is no excuse with this much cap space to not lock up these youngsters long term. And do it soon before other clubs come sniffing around!

The Andersons main election promise was to emphasise junior development and so far we've lost some promising juniors already. So let's see if they are true to their word.
I completely agree.

The Board, the coach, the CEO all appear to be mediocre at implementing the necessary change in a decent time frame, based on what we've seen so far.

No one else has out their hand up to offer any improvement so we will stick with this lot. They are better than Dib at least.

I have my deep concerns about Pay playing favourites and not encouraging the better youngsters. It's obvious to most but Pay is old school...that doesn't cut it these days.

I have reconciled myself to us being a struggling, no name team without x factor players like Mortimer, Lamb, Mason, Brentnall, Morris, Tonga etc etc for a long time into the future.

We just don't seem to have the drive or singlely passionate will to make it happen no matter what anymore.

Maybe I'm a bad supporter or given up myself, but I can't see us renewing and growing our fan base anytime soon with the vibe I get from the club atm.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No mention of Mundine recommending the Bulldogs.

We only have the scumbag Newscorpse/Politis journos telling us what Mitchell said about playing FB, going to all these other clubs etc.

Maybe LM was seriously coming but started looking elsewhere after he read Lynne Anderson said we hadnt talked to him, before that he read that half our board had serious reservations then the media told us no one knew that George Coorey had had him over to his house.

Maybe LM thinks the Bulldogs are a trainwreck and his 3 managers and Mundine confirmed that so started looking elsewhere. There is so much rubbish being spewed out with a completely different version by the afternoon. I feel sorry for LM actually.

We've got to stop forming hard and fast opinions based on the crap we are fed.

One thing does seem clear....we are not the Club we once were in getting the job done...at this present time...so we will just have to suck it up for a lot longer :(
I hope Lynne hasn't stuffed this up by saying that.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No mention of Mundine recommending the Bulldogs.

We only have the scumbag Newscorpse/Politis journos telling us what Mitchell said about playing FB, going to all these other clubs etc.

Maybe LM was seriously coming but started looking elsewhere after he read Lynne Anderson said we hadnt talked to him, before that he read that half our board had serious reservations then the media told us no one knew that George Coorey had had him over to his house.

Maybe LM thinks the Bulldogs are a trainwreck and his 3 managers and Mundine confirmed that so started looking elsewhere. There is so much rubbish being spewed out with a completely different version by the afternoon. I feel sorry for LM actually.

We've got to stop forming hard and fast opinions based on the crap we are fed.

One thing does seem clear....we are not the Club we once were in getting the job done...at this present time...so we will just have to suck it up for a lot longer :(
It's no coincidence that as soon as a Coorey is involved things from the club start getting leaked to New Limited again.....

I wouldn't read too much into any of the reports or even quotes from the club. The club would be stupid to give any details to the media given the current climate where there's 5+ articles a day on Latrell! I highly doubt anything Lynne said yesterday had any effect on anything.

Who knows if the meeting with Coorey was anything more then a 5 min chat or a proper negation we will never know.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The media are absolutely giving it to him making him out to be a bad guy and the Roosters are "honourable" FFS.
New report out now about the $250k Mercedes he rocked up to training in. Total denial that Politis had anything to do with it.
Leave the bloke alone. Roosters have NRL and Media outlets in the palm of their hand.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I completely agree.

The Board, the coach, the CEO all appear to be mediocre at implementing the necessary change in a decent time frame, based on what we've seen so far.

No one else has out their hand up to offer any improvement so we will stick with this lot. They are better than Dib at least.

I have my deep concerns about Pay playing favourites and not encouraging the better youngsters. It's obvious to most but Pay is old school...that doesn't cut it these days.

I have reconciled myself to us being a struggling, no name team without x factor players like Mortimer, Lamb, Mason, Brentnall, Morris, Tonga etc etc for a long time into the future.

We just don't seem to have the drive or singlely passionate will to make it happen no matter what anymore.

Maybe I'm a bad supporter or given up myself, but I can't see us renewing and growing our fan base anytime soon with the vibe I get from the club atm.
I think we have exciting players at the club. They just need to be played and utilised the right way.

With Reimis, Renouf, Ogden, Wakeham, Averillo, Taas, Topine, Harper etc we have a lot of young talent other clubs would love to have.

Along with more established players like Hoppa, DWZ, CHN, Stimson etc we have a solid core to build a squad around.

Its whether they retain those youngsters and utilise them properly and make the right signings to complement the squad that is the main question.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchell and the mystery $250k Mercedes: First sign wheels had fallen off at the Roosters

Roosters insiders first started to have concerns about Latrell Mitchell’s head space when the Kangaroos centre was spotted rocking up to training in a flash new Mercedes S63 Turbo AMG sports car valued at around $250,000.
Given the Roosters chairman Nick Politis has amassed part of his $600 million fortune courtesy of the motor vehicle industry, the obvious question was had Uncle Nick helped Latrell find a new set of wheels?

The answer is an unequivocal no. So where had the mystery Mercedes come from then? Mitchell apparently told teammates it belonged to a friend.

The first sightings of Mitchell driving the S63 Turbo began leading into the finals series in September.

When purchased brand new, the luxury line of Mercedes sports car can retail for as much as $370,000 and has a top speed of 300km/h.

Given all the speculation swirling since May about Latrell testing his value on the open market and wanting a contract worth more than $1 million a season, the Roosters took note.

For a country kid from the NSW north-coast town of Taree, a Mercedes S63 Turbo is one hell of a flash ride.

Looks pretty slick on the inside, too.Source: Supplied

Was Mitchell beginning to listen to too many people around him? Were his values changing? Was he getting swept up in the fast lane of big-city life?

The Roosters began to ask all these sorts of questions as they prepared to make an offer of $800,000-a-season for 2021 and 2022, with Mitchell already under contract for next year.

Had Mitchell accepted the offer, it would have made the Kangaroos star the highest paid centre in the game.

MORE LATRELL NEWS

Cowboys, Tigers ... Knights? Where every club sits in the Latrell Mitchell bidding war

Mundine’s advice for Latrell Mitchell: Roosters ‘aint loyal’, get as much cash as you can

Latrell Mitchell wants to play fullback at the Dogs … but they already have one

Instead, he baulked and wanted more time on the open market.

So the Roosters did the honourable thing by their club and its principles and pulled the offer off the table.

Where Mitchell ends up next is still very much up in the air. But he’s almost certainly played his last game for the back-to-back premiers.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That articles a massive face palm.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lynne Anderson directly quoted yesterday in saying that we never made a formal offer to Latrell Mitchell and he has never spoken with Andrew Hill or Dean Pay. Joey Manu re-signed with the Roosters for unders for only 2 years. Pretty obvious he didn't receive a longer offer too good to refuse from us

It's fairly f..king obvious to any Dogs fan I would have thought that we need "at minimum" 1 outside back for 2021 to upgrade the position currently filled by Holland/Montoya/Harper yet I'm F..KING AMAZED our board / management never even made a direct offer it seems to 2 of the best young centres in the world - from the Premiership winning team who were both available for 2021. That f..king does it / does them for me. If you think the board have done a good job because they extended DWZ for a few years and Lewis for an extra year then you're too easily f..king pleased sorry. What's left for 2021 now already ? The SCRAPS. They're sitting around sitting on their f..king hands obviously and if they're not thrown out at the election in February then don't complain when we're just scraping into the 8 "maybe" in 5 years time.
Speaking of obvious... Have you contemplated that the club doesn’t want him?

Despite media gossip, no-one from the Dogs has said a word.

The Rorter$ taking their offer off the table proves to me he’s a liability more than an asset (as I’ve been saying on here continuously).

I applaud our management for not signing him and expect we’ll see the results of their strategy over the next few months.

I’d be surprised if the board are replaced in February but am looking forward to see who else puts forward a ticket (Apart from the B-Team including yourself - yes, pun intended).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
News Ltd keep pushing the Cowboys story. Who knows what to believe but if the Cowboys end up with Mitchell or Holmes they would have recruited:

Mitchell/Holmes, Robson, Drinkwater and Esan Marsters while we signed DWZ, Stimson, Britt and Katoa.

We're going to miss out on all of the bigger targets and will struggle to sign the better young talents like Robson, Grant, Papenhuyzen etc and pretty much every other club is out recruiting us and has been for years.

If people are worried about wasting cap space on Latrell, I'm worried about them wasting all of the cap space on extending Tolman, Elliott and Sue etc.
I can’t see those guys being extended beyond 2020.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchell and the mystery $250k Mercedes: First sign wheels had fallen off at the Roosters

Roosters insiders first started to have concerns about Latrell Mitchell’s head space when the Kangaroos centre was spotted rocking up to training in a flash new Mercedes S63 Turbo AMG sports car valued at around $250,000.
Given the Roosters chairman Nick Politis has amassed part of his $600 million fortune courtesy of the motor vehicle industry, the obvious question was had Uncle Nick helped Latrell find a new set of wheels?

The answer is an unequivocal no. So where had the mystery Mercedes come from then? Mitchell apparently told teammates it belonged to a friend.

The first sightings of Mitchell driving the S63 Turbo began leading into the finals series in September.

When purchased brand new, the luxury line of Mercedes sports car can retail for as much as $370,000 and has a top speed of 300km/h.

Given all the speculation swirling since May about Latrell testing his value on the open market and wanting a contract worth more than $1 million a season, the Roosters took note.

For a country kid from the NSW north-coast town of Taree, a Mercedes S63 Turbo is one hell of a flash ride.

Was Mitchell beginning to listen to too many people around him? Were his values changing? Was he getting swept up in the fast lane of big-city life?

The Roosters began to ask all these sorts of questions as they prepared to make an offer of $800,000-a-season for 2021 and 2022, with Mitchell already under contract for next year.

Had Mitchell accepted the offer, it would have made the Kangaroos star the highest paid centre in the game.

MORE LATRELL NEWS

Cowboys, Tigers ... Knights? Where every club sits in the Latrell Mitchell bidding war

Mundine’s advice for Latrell Mitchell: Roosters ‘aint loyal’, get as much cash as you can

So the Roosters did the honourable thing by their club and its principles and pulled the offer off the table.

Where Mitchell ends up next is still very much up in the air. But he’s almost certainly played his last game for the back-to-back premiers.
Uncle Nick mustn’t have a Merc dealership.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As if that's the only flash car at roosters training, pathetic article/standard hooper drivel

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

MORE LATRELL NEWS

Today's poop scooped by Hoop

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I completely agree.

As these shenanigans continue, I get the distinct impression that the Anderson-aligned board members can't bring themselves to even entertain the thought of taking the risk on Latrell.

He may be one of the best centres in the game, he may be a test centre, he may have loads of natural talent...but he wants more money than a standard centre wants, he dares to speak his mind, and he's not 100% consistent at 22yrs old, so best not take a chance on him.

Far too conservative for that.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
A young bloke on big money buying a nice car and driving around the eastern suburbs. Must be a slow news day

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
As these shenanigans continue, I get the distinct impression that the Anderson-aligned board members can't bring themselves to even entertain the thought of taking the risk on Latrell.

He may be one of the best centres in the game, he may be a test centre, he may have loads of natural talent...but he wants more money than a standard centre wants, he dares to speak his mind, and he's not 100% consistent at 22yrs old, so best not take a chance on him.

Far too conservative for that.
Latrell isn't a standard Centre therefore he's entitled to a higher contract.

Almost no one thinks Latrell is worth 1m. I THINK more then most would agree he's worth 700k - the best Centre in the game.

The problem and reason for having to pay 1m or thereabouts is to attract him from the Roosters. There needs to be an incentive that isn't success, since he's leaving the best team in the competition. With multiple clubs interested whoever offers the most will get him but how likely that team is to be successful will come into play for offers the same or close to each other.

For ME since Latrell ticks so many boxes we need such as X-Factor, left Centre, goal kicking, in play kicking (bombs, long kicks, field goal option) and since we have to pay overs for everyone (unless we're the only club that wants them or can give them an opportunity) and even more for marquee players (IMO we need at least one) Latrell makes the most sense over everyone.

Whoever you buy is a risk. I PERSONALLY think Latrell's strengths outweigh the negatives (that's how good he is) and he's "worth" more to us then other clubs because of our current situation and what we need.

Also just looking at some betting odds (where the money is, what people on the outside think) according to sportsbet AND beteasy we're the second last least likely club to win the Grand Final. That's how dire our situation is from the outside. I PERSONALLY don't think it's that bad but I'm not the one you need to convince.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Latrell isn't a standard Centre therefore he's entitled to a higher contract.

Almost no one thinks Latrell is worth 1m. I THINK more then most would agree he's worth 700k - the best Centre in the game.

The problem and reason for having to pay 1m or thereabouts is to attract him from the Roosters. There needs to be an incentive that isn't success, since he's leaving the best team in the competition. With multiple clubs interested whoever offers the most will get him but how likely that team is to be successful will come into play for offers the same or close to each other.

For ME since Latrell ticks so many boxes we need such as X-Factor, left Centre, goal kicking, in play kicking (bombs, long kicks, field goal option) and since we have to pay overs for everyone (unless we're the only club that wants them or can give them an opportunity) and even more for marquee players (IMO we need at least one) Latrell makes the most sense over everyone.

Whoever you buy is a risk. I PERSONALLY think Latrell's strengths outweigh the negatives (that's how good he is) and he's "worth" more to us then other clubs because of our current situation and what we need.

Also just looking at some betting odds (where the money is, what people on the outside think) according to sportsbet AND beteasy we're the second last least likely club to win the Grand Final. That's how dire our situation is from the outside. I PERSONALLY don't think it's that bad but I'm not the one you need to convince.
I don't think Latrell is our man, but this is a good way to look at it.

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I like them odds, might put a fiver on them. :grinning: